RAM Overcl....wait

guys,we do know that jayz came out with a ram overclocking tutorial video but hold on.

in general gaming,there is no real advantage to faster RAM speeds IF your not running an APU where things are diffrent.

take my advice and dont waste your time on it if you dont really need it its basically shenanigans in most real world applications :)

have fun OCing it tho if you want to but dont be too sad if your running into problems. it wont make your pc so much faster,you would need to download more RAM for that anyways :o  

Kay...

I have 2133 MHz anyway.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Kay...

I have 2133 MHz anyway.

you sure about that?  :o \

OC , OC , OC ALL DA SPEEDZ  B)

orly_owl.jpg

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

Aaaand, he also has a video showing RAM speeds don't matter for many applications, especially gaming.

Your point?

My ram is 667MHz.

This thread enfuriates me.

Is that 667MHZ DDR2 or 1333MHZ DDR3?

DDR2

:(

2GB no less on my MacBook from 2006.

This is my main computer :o

:(

Thats kinda retro :)

Soon ddr4 will become fairly standart and you

could sell your ram to the closest museum

Edit: wrong guy lols

2GB no less on my MacBook from 2006.

This is my main computer :o

I feel your pain :P

Edit: wrong guy lols

DDR2 is retro?

Here's my RAM collection :P

THT3l9q.jpg

guys,we do know that jayz came out with a ram overclocking tutorial video but hold on.

in general gaming,there is no real advantage to faster RAM speeds IF your not running an APU where things are diffrent.

take my advice and dont waste your time on it if you dont really need it its basically shenanigans in most real world applications :)

have fun OCing it tho if you want to but dont be too sad if your running into problems. it wont make your pc so much faster,you would need to download more RAM for that anyways :o  

Almost thought you meant Jay-Z (Rapper) for a second.

Kaayyyyy... So you make a thread just to say that a video of jayztwocents is dumb and that overclocking ram is useless??

Case : Corsiar Air 540 CPU : Intel i5 8600k GPU : Asus Nvidia 970 DirectCUII RAM : 16gb DDR4 MB : ASUS Prime z370-p PSU : OCZ Modxtreme 700w SSD : Samsung 840 EVO 250gb 

Whats the point of overclocking ram anyways?  there isn't. not many people ask how to overclock anyways.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Whats the point of overclocking ram anyways?  there isn't. not many people ask how to overclock anyways.

It's all for the more megahurt you get when you fail and the system is unstable or you damage a stick of RAM.

DDR2 is retro?

Here's my RAM collection :P

Bruh, you ain't even got RD RAM in that.

Yeah I said it. I had RD RAM in a desktop. Freaking RD RAM. *goes off cursing RD RAM loudly*

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

Kaayyyyy... So you make a thread just to say that a video of jayztwocents is dumb and that overclocking ram is useless??

if thats what you get out of me saying that its not useful, sure