9-Year-Old Girl Accidentally Kills Shooting Range Instructor

Arty

I am not completely anti-gun, just anti-fuckwits-who-keep-unnecessary-assault-weapons-at-home-because-they-think-they-are-needed. For example, keep a double-barrel at most at home but keeping an M16 under your bed is retarded. Anyway, this raises a few questions.

I didn't know Biden had an account on LTT...

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

This is so STUPID. I mean their dads are like: "Hey why should we not take our 9 year old, stupid, weak dauther that doesn't knows what recoil is to the shooting range?"

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

Are there no age limits for guns in America?

To own, yes. To operate, no. Ranges may have private policies that vary from place to place but no laws that I know of.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Not to mention that the spread of a shotgun means you can accidentally hit bystanders in other rooms.

That sounds like buckshot. What about slug rounds?

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

Are there no age limits for guns in America?

Adult supervision required.

This isn't the first accidental shooting by a child using an Uzi. An 8-year-old boy died after shooting himself in the head at a gun expo near Springfield, Massachusetts, in 2008. Christopher Bizilj was firing at pumpkins when the Uzi kicked back.

Ronald Scott, a Phoenix-based firearms safety expert, said most shooting ranges have an age limit and strict safety rules when teaching children to shoot. He said instructors usually have their hands on guns when children are firing high-powered weapons.

Scarmardo said his policy of allowing children 8 and older to fire guns under adult supervision and the watchful eye of an instructor is standard practice in the industry. The range's policies are under review, he said.

One word: 'Murica

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

That sounds like buckshot. What about slug rounds?

That would likely go straight through a person, unless it was a hollow slug. Most people say the best thing to use is a heavy birdshot and a tight choke on the shotgun. I prefer rifle because you can be precise, and (realistically) if you live in a house for a decent length of time, you probably know where all beds are, and can find a safe position to shoot from if need be. The best thing to do if you hear a breaking window in the middle of the night is to call the cops and stay in your room with a gun pointed at the door, not attempt to seek out the intruder. That is of course assuming they aren't coming into your room through the window.

The truly best option (in my opinion) is to plan ahead for that kind of thing, and practice hopping out of bed and assuming a safe cover position with a good firing angle on the point of entry into your room. Some people call this paranoid, it's really not, its training. When you have to come from a dead sleep, to adrenaline fueled alert and awake in a few seconds, you want your body to know what to do as best it can, it's called muscle memory. always keep your gun in the same spot that you can grab (safely, without discharging it, especially if you have one of those striker fired pistols with no safety other than a grip safety) as you rise from the bed, keep lights above your windows on the outside of the house. Always sleep with your bedroom door locked, NEVER fire just because someone jiggles the door, if they kicked it open then your probably good to fire, best to be down by the corner of your bed crouched instead of standing. A normal criminal won't think about things like that and probably assume you'll be in bed, or standing next to it, fully upright. Another advantage of the shotgun is this noise:

Most sane people, even criminals, will shit themselves and run when they hear that noise in the dark, not expecting it.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Random questions HO OH!

@Trik'Stari Can you suggest any decent books that cover the theme of ballistics and air resistance (or friction, I don't know the exact word) on small arms projectiles?

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

<Video>

Let's be real here, even you Fooshi has to admit that ninja police are pretty damn scary.

Wow who would have fought that giving a loaded, full auto gun to a 9 year old girl could go wrong?

Oh well, we have to look on the bright side of things.

1) People will hopefully learn from this mistake (although I find it hard to believe someone who did this mistake to begin with is smart enough to learn from others' mistakes).

2) She might become a really good FPS gamer when she grows up to overcome her fear for guns.

attachicon.gifUntitled-1.png

This is true, but she would get sick to her stomach when seeing one in real.

(Reference to Memories of blood.) By the way ggo needs to be real.

-snip-

I love that series, completely shuts down the idiots who think assualt weapons and concealed handguns are a fundamental human right

Yeah, nothing quite like a liberal biased comedy show to form an understanding of the issue.

I get that the right to bear arms is enshrined in the Constitution but firearms in the hands of eight year old's and up? Who decided that the minimum of an 8 year old child is capable of handling firearms?  :unsure:  I'm struck by the usual refrain....only in 'murica. :rolleyes:

My sympathies to the family of the instructor who was killed....... :(

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

i would have pressed charges on the parents since it was their prerogative to let their kid use the gun and therefore it should be their responsibility, but thats only my thought, you will most likely all think  otherwise.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

When Americans argues that it's a good thing to teach a (9 year old) to shoot

aQpn5Ze_700b.jpg

I can do this, I just want some cake. - Linus Sebastian

'But guns are safe!'

-people defending shit like this

But honestly, who the FUCK gives a 9-year-old girl an UZI?!

It would have been a lot safer if there were more kids with guns to take her down

/s