Razer Hate

Genecidalic

Okay i know there have been threads on this before yet i still dont understand why razer gets so much hate. I mean so many people use their stuff. Alot of youtubers and gamers and even video makers like freddie wong use razer products. Yet it seems like they are the most hated peripheral company other then madcatz. WHY?!?!?! can somebody please help me understand?

Maybe the poor aesthetic design choices. Their design caters to the gimmicky stereotypical gamer that wants flashy lights and pretty colors. I actually dislike their color schemes...

Maybe the customer support is bad. All based on personal opinion and experiences, really.

Reason #8,356: They spend more money on their packaging than they do on the build quality of their products.

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn

I have never had a problem with build quality ever. And if they have such bad build quality or poor asthetic choice why do so many people buy them. Is it all just I had a bad experience lets talk down on them forever?

my older black widow had horrid build quality, and I've had to fix my mouse too much. I've had double click, no click on 2 buttons, and I've had to rewire it.

If I could find a mouse that fit my hand, this mouse would be gone.

EDIT: forgot, synapse 2.0 spyware drivers

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

people buy things because it's cool.  there is ZERO complexity behind this; it's really that simple.

remember, people DO NOT research things they buy.

someone who spent a $100+ on a razer mouse and then bragged about it online WILL NOT be telling everyone how it failed 6 months later.  This just doesn't happen.

spyware?  what are you talking about?

Is it all just I had a bad experience lets talk down on them forever?

Actually, three bad experiences.

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

just razer makes a good $70 dollar product into a not worth it $120 product with lights

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

alot of pro gamers might use because they get sponsored by razer

personally i just have a really poor experience by them, build quality mainly, they just dont last, then the other issues ive had

They've got some pretty overrated stuff I guess. Plus they have a lot of people buying their products so there's bound to be a lot of disappointed customers that end up hating on them on the internets.

Join the LinusTechTips Star Citizen Org :D ~ https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT

Bad quality control. Inconsistent to be exact.

people buy things because it's cool.  there is ZERO complexity behind this; it's really that simple.

remember, people DO NOT research things they buy.

someone who spent a $100+ on a razer mouse and then bragged about it online WILL NOT be telling everyone how it failed 6 months later.  This just doesn't happen.

spyware?  what are you talking about?

I researched before i bought anything and i kept seeing such mixed reviews and ive had most my razer gear for over a year and no problems what so ever.

Personally, it's not like I hate their products, however I've owned Razer Lycosa for ~~ 1 year. The experience wasn't so pleasant so I won't be getting another Razer product.

Razer gets all the hate because of the prices. For example, Blackwidow Ultimate cost's for about 280$ but there are other keyboards like Logitech G710+ which cost's for about 140$ and its way better (in my opinion). That the part that people see thode prices and think "They are kidding!"

It also has to do with availability, the only gaming keyboard with cherry mx blue switches that is *easilly* obtainable without international shipping and taxes and stuff are Razer keyboards. its diffrent in every country most people here use either razer gear or logitech because thats the only thing that our shops and online retailers sell.

I7 2600k @ 4,5GHz - 16GB Kingston 1600Mhz RAM - Asus Sabertooth P67 - Samsung 830 128GB SSD - 2x Caviar Black 1TB - ADATA 80GB Boot SSD - Club3D 7870 XT - 42" Panasonic 3D Led TV - 22" Samsung SyncMaster

I researched before i bought anything and i kept seeing such mixed reviews and ive had most my razer gear for over a year and no problems what so ever.

One year is nothing, have it last for years then you can talk about ti. I have a Logitech G9 v1 which I've owned for years already, and it's still doing a damn nice job. I'd owned a Razer Copperhead years back, it was the mouse i'd used for my gaming rig at the time, and this was just before getting the G9. The CH lasted, what, a couple of years before the rubberized coating turned all goey and sticky, really not pleasant to deal with so I upgraded to the G9. I also have a Razer HP1, bought on its release and it's still alive and kicking....but the only reason why it is still around is because I take good care of it, and hardly use it since I love the 5.1 sound from my Z5500, and since my neighbors are a distance away, I can let fly the dogs of war....so to say. Before buying the Z5500, I had a listen to the Razer Mako since some had said it was good, I asked to audition it, the guys at the gaming shop I went to (still go to them) told me it was more refined soundwise, but not good enough on the lows.....where gamers want it. I tried it, and after a few minutes, I asked for and bought the Z5500.....which cost about the same as the Mako. Hence my belief that Razer makes decent products, but priced them beyond reason.....logic's simple actually, in this day and age, anything cheap MUST be crap....if it's expensive, it MUST be good!

The reason why Razer is successful is because it's all done with smoke and mirrors......marketing and packaging. Tell enough people that they're the gaming gear to get, drill it into their collective consciousness and have them repeat it to their friends and family, hey Presto, they've got a winner! I'd like to think that some of us have been around for a while, and have been in the game for a while now, and that we're savvy enough to not let all the flash distract us from the fact that Razer makes decent products that are way overpriced.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

You and I both, brother. I've had 3 razer mice and 1 keyboard, only issues I've had is when I raged and broke the left click on my death adder, still works, just no tactile feedback. I find the products to be alright, wouldn't say that they're exceptional though. And as far as build quality goes, my Black Widow is a heck of a lot better built than my logitech G110 that I had before it (Granted that it was a lower-ended product).

Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier.

The Green Machine.

Razer gets all the hate because of the prices. For example, Blackwidow Ultimate cost's for about 280$ but there are other keyboards like Logitech G710+ which cost's for about 140$ and its way better (in my opinion). That the part that people see thode prices and think "They are kidding!"

The ultimate costs 140

One year is nothing, have it last for years then you can talk about ti. I have a Logitech G9 v1 which I've owned for years already, and it's still doing a damn nice job. I'd owned a Razer Copperhead years back, it was the mouse

i'd used for my gaming rig at the time, and this was just before getting the G9. The CH lasted, what, a couple of

years before the rubberized coating turned all goey and

sticky, really not pleasant to deal with so I upgraded to

the G9. I also have a Razer HP1, bought on its release

and it's still alive and kicking....but the only reason why it

is still around is because I take good care of it, and

hardly use it since I love the 5.1 sound from my Z5500,

and since my neighbors are a distance away, I can let fly

the dogs of war....so to say. Before buying the Z5500, I

had a listen to the Razer Mako since some had said it

was good, I asked to audition it, the guys at the gaming

shop I went to (still go to them) told me it was more

refined soundwise, but not good enough on the

lows.....where gamers want it. I tried it, and after a few

minutes, I asked for and bought the Z5500.....which cost

about the same as the Mako. Hence my belief that Razer

makes decent products, but priced them beyond

reason.....logic's simple actually, in this day and age,

anything cheap MUST be crap....if it's expensive, it MUST

be good!

The reason why Razer is successful is because it's all done with smoke and mirrors......marketing and packaging. Tell enough people that they're the gaming gear to get, drill it into their collective consciousness and have them repeat it to their friends and family, hey

Presto, they've got a winner! I'd like to think that some of

us have been around for a while, and have been in the

game for a while now, and that we're savvy enough to not

let all the flash distract us from the fact that Razer

makes decent products that are way overpriced.

Although I feel like some items are overpriced a lot of it is not that expensive im a teenager without a job and with very little savings I have a whole set of razer gear

For products priced at a premium level like what Razer pulls, their products feel distinctly non premium. Cheap plastic is neither appealing visually nor when used. That's my major contention.

-ACCIDENTAL DOUBLEPOST-

CPU: i5 2500K (@ stock for now) GPU: Gigabyte GTX650Ti OC MOBO: Intel P67 RAM: 2x4GB Kingston (@1333MHz) PSU: 550w Xilence CASE: Generic :D MONITOR: Dell U2412M (24', 1200p 16:10) MOUSE: Acme something KB: Logitech K260

Although I feel like some items are overpriced a lot of it is not that expensive im a teenager without a job and with very little savings I have a whole set of razer gear

And you still could've saved a lot of money by choosing different brands.

also, they're a bit overrated and too expensive. And I REALLY dislike their design. I'd much rather have an awesome Ducky than any Razer. Stealth>Flashyness

CPU: i5 2500K (@ stock for now) GPU: Gigabyte GTX650Ti OC MOBO: Intel P67 RAM: 2x4GB Kingston (@1333MHz) PSU: 550w Xilence CASE: Generic :D MONITOR: Dell U2412M (24', 1200p 16:10) MOUSE: Acme something KB: Logitech K260