Razer Hate

Genecidalic

I just can't state how much i love the Makos. It's the only hardware that THX actually had a hand in making and it really shows.

So true the Razer Makos are my favorite speakers amazing sound quality, unfortunately the sub stopped working (bad capacitors) and they will only produce a thumping noise, Razer wanted $150 for a replacement sub, i paid $199.99 for the Razer Makos so i havent gotten around to getting it replaced but im probably going to have it replaced in a few weeks and get the other repaired :)

I would stay away from Razer keyboards in general though, especially since many better alternatives are available for keyboards.  Pre Synapse 2.0 Razer mice are just awesome though.

So true the Razer Makos are my favorite speakers amazing sound quality, unfortunately the sub stopped working (bad capacitors) and they will only produce a thumping noise, Razer wanted $150 for a replacement sub, i paid $199.99 for the Razer Makos so i havent gotten around to getting it replaced but im probably going to have it replaced in a few weeks and get the other repaired :)

I would stay away from Razer keyboards in general though, especially since many better alternatives are available for keyboards.  Pre Synapse 2.0 Razer mice are just awesome though.

Dude the Razer Naga nuff said when it comes to mice

Dude the Razer Naga nuff said when it comes to mice

The original Nagas without Synapse 2.0 are very nice, though i dont like all those extra buttons on the side so the Razer Lachesis is perfect for me.

So you need a reason, okay...

• They are super overpriced
  • Their quality sucks

My razer mouse (lachesis), which was quite expansive died after year (sensor died)

My lycosa keyboard is horrible (sometimes it freezes and you need to unplug and replug to make it back to work again. It's so annoying when you're in the middle of the game and it stops working. And I found it is engineering problem and can't be fixed. Another problem: letters on keys are getting erased and look terrible). I will always stay away from that brand. I hate it so much...

After my mouse died, I bought this mouse and it's cheap and far great than razer: http://www.amazon.com/A4tech-Bloody-HeavyWeight-Ultracor3-v7/dp/B0093HLPIM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1382418764&sr=8-1&keywords=a4tech+bloody+v7

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

Back in the day they were great then for a while once they started getting into the branded products everything started to wane (quality, design, etc) [this has been happening with steelseries for at least a year now] but recently to me it seems like their coming back as there are quite a few great products that have come out within the last year or so.

Only Razer product I like is the Razer Deathadder Re-Spawn. 'Nuff said.

Gaming and Editing: Intel Core i7-4930k 4.6Ghz 6-Core Processor - EK Supremacy CSQ CPU WaterblockASUS P9X79 ATX Motherboard - Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (8x4GB) 1866 Memory - EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black 1200Mhz 6GB W/ EK FC780 Ti Nickel Waterblock Graphics Card  - Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive x3 - Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD x2 - Fractal Design Define R4 Window Modded - BitFenix Spectre Pro Blue LED 140mm Fan x1 - BitFenix Spectre PWM LED 120mm Fan x4 - Corsair HX850 80 Plus Gold Modular Power SupplyMicrosoft Windows 8 64-bit Operating System

I've personally had both good and bad experiences with razor. I had a lycosa keyboard and it was a piece of crap. Would constantly stop working and require me to unplug it and restart and so on. On the other hand I really like my death adder. Nice sturdy and long lasting mouse. On the whole though, if a company consistently makes dodgy products then you're better off not risking purchasing from them.

Only Razer product I like is the Razer Deathadder Re-Spawn. 'Nuff said.

You like nothing and I mean nothing else they offer?

You like nothing and I mean nothing else they offer?

Well, I like the Razer Blade I suppose, but I've used their other products before, and so has my brother and both our stuff died pretty quick - No we aren't raging gamers who smash our keyboards, and we clean them ASAP.

Gaming and Editing: Intel Core i7-4930k 4.6Ghz 6-Core Processor - EK Supremacy CSQ CPU WaterblockASUS P9X79 ATX Motherboard - Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (8x4GB) 1866 Memory - EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black 1200Mhz 6GB W/ EK FC780 Ti Nickel Waterblock Graphics Card  - Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive x3 - Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD x2 - Fractal Design Define R4 Window Modded - BitFenix Spectre Pro Blue LED 140mm Fan x1 - BitFenix Spectre PWM LED 120mm Fan x4 - Corsair HX850 80 Plus Gold Modular Power SupplyMicrosoft Windows 8 64-bit Operating System

I've personally had both good and bad experiences with razor. I had a lycosa keyboard and it was a piece of crap. Would constantly stop working and require me to unplug it and restart and so on. On the other hand I really like my death adder. Nice sturdy and long lasting mouse. On the whole though, if a company consistently makes dodgy products then you're better off not risking purchasing from them.

For a peroid of time they didnt make very good products minus one or two products now though all of their products arnt the most amazing thing ever I think the have a fair amount of quite good ones.

I consider myself a Razer hater, but I also have a lot of experience with Razer products.

First the mice.

Razer has made a few good gaming mice. Diamondback, Lachesis and DeathAdder. The Lachesis was amazing, it was released in 2007 and I still have it, works excellent and no cosmetic-wear either. I used it mainly for CS:S

Diamondback my friend owned, he still uses it. There is a bit of wear, but the mouse has not dropped in performance. Deathadder I feel has always been their flagship mouse.

Mamba is absolute bs. I've owned 3 Mamba mice. 2 From the first generation, which all broke down on me. (Laser was amazing. Sidebutton, scroll-wheel and battery terrible.) The new one was ruined by the dual-sensor, decreased performance and accuracy.

Keyboards, Blackwidow is fine, I just hate MX blues and don't consider them gaming keys. Black Widow stealth might be a good buy. But as for overall build quality, seems fine to me.

Razer Lycosa is very bad. Wears out very fast and the keys get less responsive over the years.

Now overall Razer.

They have good marketing, but their prices are not justified in anyway. They probably believe they are some premium company like Apple. Seen those stupid Apple-like ads? 

Audio, I don't touch, mainly because if you want good audio, you don't for anything labeled "gaming"

Command Center:

Case: Corsair 900D; PSU: Corsair AX1200i; Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition; CPU: i7-3970x; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i; GPU: 2x ASUS DCII GTX780Ti OC; RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (8x8) 2133MHz CL9; Speaker: Logitech Z2300; HDD 1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB; HDD 2: 2x Samsung 540 EVO 500GB (Raid 0); HDD 3: 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB (Raid 0); Monitor 1: LG 42" LED TV; Monitor 2: BenQ XL2420TE; Headphones 1: Denon AH-D7000Headphones 2Audio-Technica AD1000PRMHeadphones 3Sennheiser Momentum Over-EarHeadsetSteelseries Siberia Elite; Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RBG; Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300; Other: Macbook Pro 15 Retina (Mid-2014), PlayStation 4, Nexus 7 32GB (2014), iPhone 6 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB

Im not a razer lover or a razer hater. The first mechanical keyboard i owned was a blackwidow ultimate w/ blues in it. I loved it (it made me fall in love with cherry switches in the first place) and the only reason i dont use it anymore is because i kinda got sick of the blues.

Ive always owned a death adder and it was good, but i gave it to a mate of mine when i got a Mamba... now i had a good experience with the mamba up until it failed on me. This is the only time i ever had a problem with them is trying to get customer support in australia. It took me 3 weeks to get a new unit.

however in saying this, having one faulty product hasnt made me hate them, in my job i work with and sell mobile phones everyday, and i see so many faulty units, there is always a room for error in the product.

Now about this whole "o razer costs to much"... So many companies are the same, this isn't necessarily defending razer's prices, but as a company they can set their own price... and if a person decides that the product is what they want to use, then no one can judge others for buying the product at that price. 

Just my 2c.

~~Korindo~~

Cubitek Mini ITX Build : - Cubitek Mini Cube - ASUS Z87i-Pro - Intel 4770K - 16gb G.Skill Ares 1866mhz -

- Samsung 840 500gb SSD x 2 - Noctua NH-L12 Cooler - Silverstone 550 watt Strider Gold PSU - Galaxy GeForce GTX Titan -

This dead thread was revived quite quickly lol. Anyways about quality. From what i've seen is that there was a period where they had bad quality gear. From what im getting it sounds about from 2009-early 2012 at least somehow thats the time period I see. However their new stuff and all the reviews ive seen seem to be much better quality then before. I have had no problems with the gear I've bought from them, but the only things I've had for at least a year so far are the Blackwidow, nostromo, and orachi (all with zero problems) So to me I think it used to be luck of the draw and now they are improving from the period of low quality

Never had an issue with my Razer Blackwidow, planning on buying a logitech G700S or a Razer Death Adder, one of my friends has a DA and says no issues really great mouse.

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

I have a Razer Naga Epic, and a still in the box Razer Naga 2012.

Nagas are the most comfortable mouse ive ever used, and also the most high in utility.

I dont understand the razer hate. My mouse doesnt even show signs of wear and tear. Its a great mouse, been through hell and back with me. Still comfortable and wonderful.

Never had an issue with my Razer Blackwidow, planning on buying a logitech G700S or a Razer Death Adder, one of my friends has a DA and says no issues really great mouse.

I suggest the Naga Hex. VERY comfortable mouse. However if you're an FPSer a Deathadder is a good mouse. But to be noted a lot of people ive noticed have said the naga hex is a fairly adequate FPS mouse because of its extra buttons for weapon swaps and stuff like that, as well as its main buttons are very good for twitchy fast clicks.

I have a Razer Naga Epic, and a still in the box Razer Naga 2012.

Nagas are the most comfortable mouse ive ever used, and also the most high in utility.

I dont understand the razer hate. My mouse doesnt even show signs of wear and tear. Its a great mouse, been through hell and back with me. Still comfortable and wonderful.

I suggest the Naga Hex. VERY comfortable mouse. However if you're an FPSer a Deathadder is a good mouse. But to be noted a lot of people ive noticed have said the naga hex is a fairly adequate FPS mouse because of its extra buttons for weapon swaps and stuff like that, as well as its main buttons are very good for twitchy fast clicks.

Lol I've had the same sort of issues, as I've spilled water on my Blackwidow 2-3 times, and it still works in great condition...

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

Lol I've had the same sort of issues, as I've spilled water on my Blackwidow 2-3 times, and it still works in great condition...

I have a Ducky Shine mech keyboard, and a Naga Epic. I've never had problems with my razer mice that I didn't cause. Well actually I had a cable fry on me once, and razer replace it and my naga epic's base station free of charge. didnt charge me for shiping or anthing.

I broke the cable on my Razer Sabertooth and they replaced that too free of charge.

Razer handles their customers well, in my opinion. I like their products, my mice have lasted a long time.

The only reason i have had to replace a razer mouse is when I broke them.

I broke my death adder and my naga molten. but that was my fault, not razers.

Razer gets a whitelist from me.