Computer Parts (Weekly Discussion)

ddbtkd456

Introduction

Alright so after a thread @MyInnerFred had with the Anime Discussion (Heaven Society), I wanted to start one for computer parts since it was a tech forum. So I contacted him and asked if this was okay (so no hard feelings to say that I ripped him off or anything like that). Anyways I thought it would be interesting to have a tech one? As I have said I do have @MyInnerFred permission to use their formatting so that way the clubs stay the same. Of course we will have rules like:

What do we do?
Pick one computer related part each week to watch then discuss it for the remainder of the week.

How do we choose that part?
Each week we pick an computer related part, and during the course of the week, you make a post in the Suggestion Thread with the hardware you wish to discuss, along with a one sentence minimum reason for submitting it, once the week reaches Friday, a poll will be created with the top five pieces of hardware suggested. The poll will include a short description of each part (pictures will be available if plausible). The polls be open Friday - Sunday. The Discussion will be held Monday - Thursday. If less then 5 topics are suggested that week then I will pick the remaining topics at random for the polls.

What about un-released products (Rumors)?
(Ex. X99 Platform) If the topic of that week is a rumor (yes twerk e will be those) please bring evidence to back up any statements. They must be from a well known site as well.

Where are the weekly topics discussed?
The topic links will be in spoilers on this thread each week (this will also include a link to that weeks thread). Follow this topic if you want weekly updates.

What's the purpose of this thread?
This thread for all intents and purposes, will serve as a "Home" for the club. Please try to keep all questions private by pming me directly, especially if it is an issue.

Goals
1. Discover New & Rediscover Existing Computer Parts
2. Share Hardware We Like With Others
3. Expose New Hardware To People Who Might Be Unfamiliar With It.
4. "Attempt" To Clean Up Any Arguments In The Forum.
5. Be Able To Link To The Discussion For Anyone Who Has A Question About A Certain Part.
5. Have Fun

Rules
1. We are here to have fun, keep the discussions friendly, and always within Code of Conduct
2. Avoid starting discussions of topics/hardware that we have previously watched unless you are comparing it to what we are currently discussing.
3. If you have any questions about the club specifically, messaging me is preferred over posting. Keep the posts about the current hardware.
4. Mentioning other hardware is fine, as long as there is a connection, or similar event. Remember to use spoilers when talking about any sort of rumors.
5. Remember with each post you make, to be informative, and to contribute a well thought out opinion. (ex. Not saying "Wow this sucks")
6. Keep the discussion of the weekly hardware in the thread itself, linked and updated every week below.
7. No flame wars or hate will be tolerated on any of these threads. If you violate the Code of Conduct in anyway you will be reported to the moderators.
8. If you have something bad to say about a certain part please either make a connection to the current part or wait until your part comes up. (ex. Intel is better then AMD)

Anyways I wanted to post the rules and see what you think.

Edit:

Make sure you follow this topic if you are interested in it, since all the updates each week will be linked back here. That way you stay current with the discussions. :D
Also all credit should go to Society Heaven for starting this thread.

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

Can I talk about something that isn't in the market, but could be a possibility?

Can I talk about something that isn't in the market, but could be a possibility?

What did you have in mind? Also if you are just referring to only talking about things that aren't out yet...then we would run out of products really fast...since things aren't released that fast. That is why I wanted to do both market related items and non-released items to give the manufacturers some time with their upcoming products.

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

What did you have in mind?

Gigaton fission warheads.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

What did you have in mind?

Well, It's something I thought of last year. Once PCI-e goes out dated with what ever new technology. There could be a PCI-e device with a LGA 2011, 1150 or what not socket, with two slots for ram that are low profile. To allow for parallel processing with the main CPU to allow for more cores and processing power. Of course that CPU would have to be the same model as the main one.

Well, It's something I thought of last year. Once PCI-e goes out dated with what ever new technology. There could be a PCI-e device with a LGA 2011, 1150 or what not socket, with two slots for ram that are low profile. To allow for parallel processing with the main CPU to allow for more cores and processing power. Of course that CPU would have to be the same model as the main one.

Sadly it would have to be something I can get a picture of and a description from a trusted source. Otherwise the formatting of it wont work.

Gigaton fission warheads.

:blink:  That's a hell of a lot of tech in one bomb.

:blink:  That's a hell of a lot of tech in one bomb.

: D

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I tried this quite some time back when I was newish here when they allowed us to call into the wan show and were promoting the use of Razer coms.

It was more of a live voice discussion than a forum one. I'll send if I can find the thread.

Sounds quite good. (waiting for the flame wars to start). I "surely" hope it wont derail. No but really a good idea.

Well I can add a rule about derailing and try to enforce it but there's only so much I can do, not being a mod...(I think I'd make a terrible mod at that). Anyways flame wars won't be tolerated.

I tried this quite some time back when I was newish here when they allowed us to call into the wan show and were promoting the use of Razer coms.

Well if you would like maybe you could help since you have experience? I do need some people to help with ideas (in the background of course) and make sure things go smoothly. I will list your names as an executive thread member. But its your call. :D

Well I can add a rule about derailing and try to enforce it but there's only so much I can do, not being a mod...(I think I'd make a terrible mod at that). Anyways flame wars won't be tolerated.

Okay. In that case it sounds great. A place to pick on AMDs ridiculous choices and no flame wars. Sign me in.(not literally)

REMEMBER TO QUOTE SO I GET A NOTIFCATION! Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Shroomster/ Review(s) more to come

Okay. In that case it sounds great. A place to pick on AMDs ridiculous choices and no flame wars. Sign me in.

Well like I said we are here to cover both the good and bad of a product...Just no flame wars like Intel is better then AMD for no reason or things like that.

Well like I said we are here to cover both the good and bad of a product...Just no flame wars like Intel is better then AMD for no reason or things like that.

I can not start flamewars as I like both brands and use them aswell.

REMEMBER TO QUOTE SO I GET A NOTIFCATION! Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Shroomster/ Review(s) more to come

I can not start flamewars as I like both brands and use them aswell.

Same here...my first CPU was the FX-8350, my laptop is a A6 (current) and my old work computer was an i7 and my upcoming build (personal) is going to be an i7 on the x99 platform, and my fiances will be either an FX-8350 or a i5 (haven't decided yet).

Updated

I'm retarded, ignore this post.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

I want one of those Athlon 860K's when they come out.

-snip-

They're basically the same as the A10 7850K but with the iGPU disabled because they failed the binning process. IPC is also improved over the Piledriver cores so a decent overclock could make it comparable to some i5's

Please post it here.

Where do I sign up?

Just follow this topic :)

Just follow this topic :)

Followed...

Hopefully there'll be very little fanboy wars in this one...

Followed...

Hopefully there'll be very little fanboy wars in this one...

As stated before anyone who does start them will be reported..just hopefully people follow the rules before it gets that far :)

Well if you would like maybe you could help since you have experience? I do need some people to help with ideas (in the background of course) and make sure things go smoothly. I will list your names as an executive thread member. But its your call. :D

here is what I tried to start http://goo.gl/r4kMjn it only really the first time when we did it on a whim teh second time not enough people really showed up to do anything. I already do the polling for the anime club with @Charger so idk how evolved I want to be.

Same here...my first CPU was the FX-8350, my laptop is a A6 (current) and my old work computer was an i7 and my upcoming build (personal) is going to be an i7 on the x99 platform, and my fiances will be either an FX-8350 or a i5 (haven't decided yet).

You havnt been at this for long have you?

here is what I tried to start http://goo.gl/r4kMjn it only really the first time when we did it on a whim teh second time not enough people really showed up to do anything. I already do the polling for the anime club with @Charger so idk how evolved I want to be.

You havnt been at this for long have you?

Well like I said its totally up to you..who knows we might find members down the road that want to help with this. As for your question..actually I've been doing it since 2000, which has been a while ago...I didn't feel like listing all the computers I worked on prior to the new things...I started with a PII and have worked with PIII, P4, P4 with hyperthreading, dual core, core 2 duo, and so on and so forth.