All the CS players, I need help!

ANUPLUCIFERGAMER

Hey guys! So I have a question. It's regarding Counter Strike.

I just want to know if I can start it directly with CS:GO or should I first play CS:S or something like way back such as 1.6?

What type of skills is required? I've played COD MW, MW2. Is it something like that? 

When it comes to fast pace shooter, I suck. First of all is my ping, my download and upload speed. 

Second as you might have come to know now, is lack of skill. I see many of my friends post a screenshot of their win and what so ever.

I just like these games but lack of skills is something because I don't want to play. 

So what do you recommend? I've played CS:S a bit. It took about half an hour, just to connect the the server. You can now make out my internet speed...

That's it. Thanks :)

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

Starting with GO will be fine watch some tutorials on how to counter recoil and all that good stuff first though. 

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

If you want to be good at something you have to practice. ITS THAT SIMPLE. 

Also you dont need a $500 knife

Mpower, 3570k & Gtx Titan Black

Watch these you really want to get semi decent (i say that because being good at CS is like a career :P )

lol link didnt work https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHF999pjo89OKE2X_sudbAqQonX6Kz_BI

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

If you want to be good at something you have to practice. ITS THAT SIMPLE. 

Also you dont need a $500 knife

I try to play with bots. As now, that's what I did, and just joining a server once. 

I loved that knife joke :D

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

Cs:Go is completely different from orther two games. Only way they would help is the basics, but you can learn those from just GO alone.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I wouldn't bother, since most people playing are uber competitive and have like 5ms ping and 144hz monitors.

Also $500 for a knife

That In-Game Purchases? 

COMING SOON

I just want to know if I can start it directly with CS:GO or should I first play CS:S or something like way back such as 1.6?

What type of skills is required? I've played COD MW, MW2. Is it something like that? 

When it comes to fast pace shooter, I suck. First of all is my ping, my download and upload speed. 

Second as you might have come to know now, is lack of skill. I see many of my friends post a screenshot of their win and what so ever.

I just like these games but lack of skills is something because I don't want to play. 

So what do you recommend? I've played CS:S a bit. It took about half an hour, just to connect the the server. You can now make out my internet speed...

The closest game to counter strike is combat arms, play that game for an hour or two(because its free), it are likely to get destoryed, multiply that value by 10 and thats what counter strike is like.

Take in mind thats coming from me, someone that normally has less then 10 ping, a 60hertz 2ms latency monitor and a hand that is regularly called an aimbot, im proud of my aimbot hand, but the second i play csgo it goes to hell. I dont like the hit boxes and there are people that spend their lives playing that game, its not noob friendly at all, you will spend a lot of time raging at that game.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Don't play competitive until you are thoroughly ready or you will get hate raining down upon you from everywhere. Other than that play heaps of casual games until you are pretty good then hit up the competitive scene and play with the big boys.

My Current Rig: CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.8Ghz CPU Cooler: H100i MOBO: Gigabyte Z97X SOC GPU: XFX Radeon HD 7950 Tahiti pro (Died 6/07/2014 RIP) & PowerColour HD7950  GPU Cooler: NZXT G10 W/ Corsair H55 HDD&SSD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB + Corsair GS 128GB + Samsung 840 EVO 250GB PSU: Corsair RM 750 Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2.  

That In-Game Purchases? 

player-to-player transactions aka. marketplace (valve takes a share in sales)

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Don't play competitive until you are thoroughly ready or you will get hate raining down upon you from everywhere. Other than that play heaps of casual games until you are pretty good then hit up the competitive scene and play with the big boys.

There's casual matches in CS:Go?

Are you sure?

How to Post Topics, the Right Way / The Ultimate Build Parts List

"4 words. DON'T BE A DUMBASS" ~@Swndlr

The closest game to counter strike is combat arms, play that game for an hour or two(because its free), it are likely to get destoryed, multiply that value by 10 and thats what counter strike is like.

Take in mind thats coming from me, someone that normally has less then 10 ping, a 60hertz 2ms latency monitor and a hand that is regularly called an aimbot, im proud of my aimbot hand, but the second i play csgo it goes to hell. I dont like the hit boxes and there are people that spend their lives playing that game, its not noob friendly at all, you will spend a lot of time raging at that game.

The only two things that stop me from playing are

High Ping

Less skills. However, I can develop my skills in any way, but now that ping..

COMING SOON

There's casual matches in CS:Go?

Are you sure?

Well there are are "casual" matches where you get called casual scrub and kicked but it is better than what happens in "competitive matches.

My Current Rig: CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.8Ghz CPU Cooler: H100i MOBO: Gigabyte Z97X SOC GPU: XFX Radeon HD 7950 Tahiti pro (Died 6/07/2014 RIP) & PowerColour HD7950  GPU Cooler: NZXT G10 W/ Corsair H55 HDD&SSD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB + Corsair GS 128GB + Samsung 840 EVO 250GB PSU: Corsair RM 750 Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2.  

The only two things that stop me from playing are

High Ping

Less skills. However, I can develop my skills in any way, but now that ping..

skills for cs is a 200 hour investment at least

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

The skills required, proper crosshair placement, burst fire control, movements and keen sense. Keen sense should not be a problem for you if you have use Sit Rep Perk before, in CS, all players generate footstep noise unless you hold shift which you walk without sound. Crosshair placement is about placing your crosshair at positions where enemies will pop out, this will take practice as you will have to place it at the upperbody so that you can head-line them. Burst fire control is very crucial as you can't spray. Only spray if someone charges you with a P90, if not, just keep 2 round bursts in the upper body at mid-range to score a headshot.

To learn more, go to warowl's channel on youtube.

Wtf? You can't get skills from reading a book or writing down words on a forum! Ping isn't issue at all unless if its touching 300ms.Lol back in 2009 I used to play cod mw1 multiplayer at mostly 240+ ping and still holded my rank at the top.

Wtf? You can't get skills from reading a book or writing down words on a forum! Ping isn't issue at all unless if its touching 300ms.Lol back in 2009 I used to play cod mw1 multiplayer at mostly 240+ ping and still holded my rank at the top.

I have about 200+. I play with bots as of now. Still can I succeed? 

COMING SOON

I have about 200+. I play with bots as of now. Still can I succeed?

Yes you can.You actually have to use tactics,that's how you rule the game.I actually never played with bots in team fortress 2.Months of practice gave me sharp skills and everytime I play tf2 multiplayer I am mostly on the top.

No prior experience needed.  I do however recommend watching a youtuber play like AnderZel so you can get grips on good spots and that it doesn't play like Call of Duty at all.

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

Competitive puts you into "no rank" matches when you first start playing. After 10 wins(not consecutive), you're given a rank which can increase and decrease depending on win/loss(though for my first 10 wins, I was being grouped up with high rank players, so your mileage may vary).

The game isn't all that competitive at lower ranks, which is great because you're learning the maps and call outs by that time.

Just have a mic, play on casual or community servers to get the feel of how the guns work and movement, and you'll be ready to play some competitive. I personally do not like competitive because of how higher ranks act(feels like CoD), or there are some aimbotters/wallhackers, but cheaters usually get dealt with within a certain amount of time.

I love Counter Strike, I've been playing since 1.6 and had a blast with CS:S playing all the new community made game modes at the time(Hide n' Seek, Surf, Zombie Escape, etc.). These game modes are present in CS:GO's community server listings, so I still play from time to time. Definitely worth the $15 purchase.

Skins are not mandatory and I don't recommend caring about them.

CS source plays nothing like cs go. Get esea premium and learn angles, strats, and how to effectively communicate with your team in 5v5 scrims/matches.

Ranked matches suck. That is all.

http://play.esea.net/

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

I started with go and love it, just make sure to practice your maps and get gun control in death match. BTW they changed the awp today. Also most AK skins are garbage so don't waste any money on those. In closing, such bomb, very explode.

Only had the game a few weeks but love it. Messed about in casual mode for a few days then went into competitive and have somehow managed to unlock the clean sweep award and I've only won 5 competitive games but can't find which game I did it in. Is there a way to do it? By the way what are the coins about? I bought the operation breakout one but tbh I don't even know what it does or is meant to do. Still not having much luck with skin drops either think I've had a couple and that's it. I'm actually not terrible but seem to end up in only a few maps all the time think I'm going to have to try the other ones now for a bit

honestly if you've played other fps games (even CoD, no matter how much people hate on it) on PC, you should be at a decent starting point. Hopefully you have developed some sort of gamesense/reflexes/tactics and have some control over your aim. I just began playing CSGO this year after mostly playing CoD and BF3 and its all about getting used to the recoil of the guns. Watch youtube videos on how to aim and learn the maps+callouts then just go and practice. Play against bots, deathmatch, then casual. The best way to improve is just to play the game.

Also, you don't need 5ms ping, 144hz monitors, or a $500 knife (although it looks cool) at the silver ranks. However you do need to get a mic and decent headphones to listen and communicate.

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)