A Simple Question For Mr. Linus

G510Gamer

are your reviews your actual opinions or are they just things that the company that makes the product that you are reviewing made you say?

so are the company that sent you the thingie to review telling you what to say for advertising? 

They're his opinion on the product. In almost every video he says something negative about the product, or related products. I do think he's more willing to pull punches when it comes to Corsair (see 760T review, didn't call them out on poor build quality).

Oh god, this again. He is pretty fair with his reviews.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

He is in NO way influenced by the company they are all ways his honest opinion

yea, most companies make sure that he fills most of his reviews with bad comments and making sure he points out all the flaws in them.

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

Oh Jesus, you know Mr Tech Tips isn't going to answer.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

He is pretty objective with things though I mean you can tell just by watching his videos

He seems like kind of an Asus fanboy IMO.

Life.exe is missing

Yeah, he indeed he seems to like Asus/Noctua/... But he says why and as far as i can say, all the things he mentions are pretty accurate. And this is the difference to a fanboy.

Of course he points out the features that were advertised, but as long they are useful/true it's part of a fair review.

Ryzen 5 5600, 32GB DDR4, GTX 3070Ti, Acer Predator x34

InWin 901

are your reviews your actual opinions or are they just things that the company that makes the product that you are reviewing made you say?

so are the company that sent you the thingie to review telling you what to say for advertising?

You sir are a fool

I think...

I think that he is sent a reviewers guide with the product, that has a list of all of the key features and little notes that are important to the product, then Linus uses those to personally evaluate the product in the way he sees it.

If it's a bad product, it's a bad product. Linus isn't "paid off" by companies to say good things, he doesn't do that, and I hope he never does.

He's being sent the product for free, in return, he reviews it for his near million viewers to see. So, it's kinda like advertising, but it's risky advertising, because there's a chance that the reviewer may not like your product and not recommend it.

EDIT: Typos

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

What do you think he's going to say? You want him to say ''Yeah, I only do biased reviews. I'm a piece of shit that's why so many people love my videos and ask for new ones before making their purchases.'' or something? Go watch his videos and get your own opinions before posting pointless stuff like this.

What I've seen from watching tons of videos of his is Linus first promotes the important features of the products and then he states his own opinions on them. Lots of people watch the videos because of the latter.

SimRacer - Casual FSX Pilot!

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

I think that answers your question best. There's always products that people (reviewers too) like because of their personal preferences. But most times its more because they have used them and seen that those products actually work. Its really easy to see when reviewer is going for personal preference side of things. Thats why its good to read/watch more than one review on products. Like the Corsair 240 Air review. Watch both LTT and OC3D overviews/reviews on it. And remember that TTL is Corsair fan.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I think that answers your question best. There's always products that people (reviewers too) like because of their personal preferences. But most times its more because they have used them and seen that those products actually work. Its really easy to see when reviewer is going for personal preference side of things. Thats why its good to read/watch more than one review on products. Like the Corsair 240 Air review. Watch both LTT and OC3D overviews/reviews on it. And remember that TTL is Corsair fan.

MMay I also add this video

Low End Video Cards Rant & Radeon R7 240 Unboxing…: http://youtu.be/sph6cjJeRdI

TThe thing is usually when something is bad Linus doesn't review it. But in some instances you can see he does.

AAlso, @LoGiCalDrm what's your problem with corsair fans? They have great airflow and look nice on a case (jk)

AAlso, @LoGiCalDrm what's your problem with corsair fans? They have great airflow and look nice on a case (jk)

Oh man. That just made my day. I have problem with Corsair in general, if you must know. But in my post I meant that TinyTomLogan (TTL) is known Corsair fanboy. And sponsored by them. Which sometimes can be noticed on his videos. Like in that 240 Air review where he doesn't mention at all the 8pin CPU connector problem what @Slick points out.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv