Worst names in Tech Products

Im surprised nobody yet mentioned Kindle Fire on here ... and Nook so i just did that

MY RIG | AMD FX-8320 | COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 EVO | ASUS M5A97 R2.0 | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT 8GB DDR3-1600MHz | WD CAVIAR BLUE 1TB | ASUS RADEON R9 280 3GB DIRECTCU II | CORSAIR 300R | CORSAIR CX 600W 80+ BRONZE | 1x COOLER MASTER SICKLEFLOW 120mm | WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64-BIT | DELL S2240M 21.5' 1080p <p> | G602 | G710+ MOBILE| ONEPLUS ONE 64GB RUNNING OXYGENOS  | NEXUS 4 16GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP | NEXUS 7 2013 32GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP

I'm just waiting for the iPhone 69S

You will be very old or dead by that time 

MY RIG | AMD FX-8320 | COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 EVO | ASUS M5A97 R2.0 | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT 8GB DDR3-1600MHz | WD CAVIAR BLUE 1TB | ASUS RADEON R9 280 3GB DIRECTCU II | CORSAIR 300R | CORSAIR CX 600W 80+ BRONZE | 1x COOLER MASTER SICKLEFLOW 120mm | WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64-BIT | DELL S2240M 21.5' 1080p <p> | G602 | G710+ MOBILE| ONEPLUS ONE 64GB RUNNING OXYGENOS  | NEXUS 4 16GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP | NEXUS 7 2013 32GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP

iPhone, Oneplus One

FSP, Biostar, foxxcon

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

HTC One (M8) for Windows Phone.

C'mon, HTC? What's for what? Is it hardware for the software or software for the hardware? And I think it's prudent to note that they could have saved themselves the whole (M*) shtick if they had just called the last one the M7 anyways. Now though, you could have been M8s with your M8 but instead it's (M8) to reduce the confusion of why they gave two products the same name.

If you have to put the codename of a product in parnetheses after its actual name just to clarify to people what it is, I'm sorry, your naming scheme is fucked.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

HTC One (M8) for Windows Phone.

C'mon, HTC? What's for what? Is it hardware for the software or software for the hardware? And I think it's prudent to note that they could have saved themselves the whole (M*) shtick if they had just called the last one the M7 anyways. Now though, you could have been M8s with your M8 but instead it's (M8) to reduce the confusion of why they gave two products the same name.

If you have to put the codename of a product in parnetheses after its actual name just to clarify to people what it is, I'm sorry, your naming scheme is fucked.

I thought it would be called the HTC One W8 i bought the wrong HTC one M8 :(

Samsung Galaxy Sxxx... sounds like a chocolate bar, minivan and celestial object all at the same time.

That Asus laptop that Linus and Slick use on the WAN show, the *serial number*-JZ or whatever? It's a cool name but doubtless it caused facepalms worldwide.

Crucial's Ballistix Sport... you can do better than that...

Lmfao this gave me a idea for a meme so I made this post-109893-0-42389500-1408760902.jpg

The thing that comes after Galaxy in most stuff in the Galaxy line...

<<something>> by <<insert artist's name>>

LG L<<something>>

Macintosh...

Crucial's Ballistix Sport... you can do better than that...

Whats a ballistix ..

The thing that comes after Galaxy in most stuff in the Galaxy line...

<<something>> by <<insert artist's name>>

LG L<<something>>

Macintosh...

This is turning into "names of products I don't like" and "product names that bug me and noone else."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

It's gotta be Microsoft's console naming convention. You might have thought that the next iteration of the Xbox 360 would be Xbox 720 or similar, but no, it's the Xbox One. In my opinion that could cause some kind of confusion. 

TrinityFX

CPU: i5-4440 @ 3.1Ghz RAM: Crucial 1 x 4GB @ 1.6Ghz  MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z87-G41 PC Mate GPU: PCS+ HD 7870 Ghz Edition | CASE: NZXT Source 210 Window | HDD #1: Toshiba 3.5" 500GB HDD #2: Toshiba 2.5" 500GB PSU: Cougar SL500 OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 

| https://pcpartpicker.com/b/2wccCJ |

The AMD naming scheme. They don't make bad CPUs/GPUs but I can't understand their naming scheme at all.

ANY tech using the name "one" that isn't the first generation of said product

Almost any monitor line on the market, they are always the brand name and some seemingly random string of numbers that contain the screen size. 

The same also applies to most lines of optical drives (except the number string includes the read speed)

Fans and air CPU coolers, all of them.

Basically any product series that is names using a string of numbers instead of having some discernible naming scheme.

I've built 3 PC's, but none for myself... In fact, I'm using an iMac that my dad bought for me as my desktop. Awkward...

Please don't say "SSD drive." By doing so, you are literally saying "Solid State Drive Drive" and causing my brain cells to commit suicide. The same applies to HDD (Hard Disk Drive) and PCIe (Peripheral Component Interconnect Express).

The AMD naming scheme. They don't make bad CPUs/GPUs but I can't understand their naming scheme at all.

ANY tech using the name "one" that isn't the first generation of said product

Almost any monitor line on the market, they are always the brand name and some seemingly random string of numbers that contain the screen size. 

The same also applies to most lines of optical drives (except the number string includes the read speed)

Fans and air CPU coolers, all of them.

Basically any product series that is names using a string of numbers instead of having some discernible naming scheme.

All of the CPU coolers though? Hyper 212 evo is not confusing for me at all.

AMD

Apple.

BRING ON THE HATE!

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

AMD

Apple.

BRING ON THE HATE!

Microsoft

Android

Surface

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

All of the CPU coolers though? Hyper 212 evo is not confusing for me at all.

Okay, its a slight exaggeration. Some companies do a good job of making their fans and coolers easy to understand. Things like corsair AF 120/SP 120 is simple to understand once you have just a tiny bit of back information. But when companies need to provide you with a complex chart that specifies how they name their products you know they have a downright confusing system.

Also a couple additions:

Samsung Galaxy line

Most tablets out on the market

Products with names I can't pronounce (this one is the worst)

I've built 3 PC's, but none for myself... In fact, I'm using an iMac that my dad bought for me as my desktop. Awkward...

Please don't say "SSD drive." By doing so, you are literally saying "Solid State Drive Drive" and causing my brain cells to commit suicide. The same applies to HDD (Hard Disk Drive) and PCIe (Peripheral Component Interconnect Express).

It's gotta be Microsoft's console naming convention. You might have thought that the next iteration of the Xbox 360 would be Xbox 720 or similar, but no, it's the Xbox One. In my opinion that could cause some kind of confusion. 

And then the PCGamingMasterrace turned it into "The XBone", which is a much better name for it.

Okay, its a slight exaggeration. Some companies do a good job of making their fans and coolers easy to understand. Things like corsair AF 120/SP 120 is simple to understand once you have just a tiny bit of back information. But when companies need to provide you with a complex chart that specifies how they name their products you know they have a downright confusing system.

Also a couple additions:

Samsung Galaxy line

Most tablets out on the market

Products with names I can't pronounce (this one is the worst)

There is Galaxy S5 Active and Galaxy S5 Sport exactly the same phone but carriers ... SAMSUNG!@@@@!@@@FFF 

Schiit audio, hands down.

Jk I like their name.

I almost crapped my pants laughing this exists.

Anyone remember Motion Computing? Their stuff was great, but the company/division name kind of sucked. Sounds like "Research in Motion". urrgh.

Anything HP has ever named ever. Pavilion? Envy? PHOTOSMART? *throws up*

Windows 8.1 and to be quite honest their entire number-naming scheme. What happened to the good old days when windows versions sounded like STDs? Like XP, and CE, and ME, and NT, and Vista. (Actually, that one sounds like the form of cancer that it was.)

Apple's iPhone naming system. If they keep this up we're going to have phones a mile long.

Nokia Lumia. I kind of wish they would just die already. They had the chance to be awesome and jump on the Android bandwagon, but... they got in bed with microsoft...

Anyone remember Motion Computing? Their stuff was great, but the company/division name kind of sucked. Sounds like "Research in Motion". urrgh.

Anything HP has ever named ever. Pavilion? Envy? PHOTOSMART? *throws up*

Windows 8.1 and to be quite honest their entire number-naming scheme. What happened to the good old days when windows versions sounded like STDs? Like XP, and CE, and ME, and NT, and Vista. (Actually, that one sounds like the form of cancer that it was.)

Apple's iPhone naming system. If they keep this up we're going to have phones a mile long.

Nokia Lumia. I kind of wish they would just die already. They had the chance to be awesome and jump on the Android bandwagon, but... they got in bed with microsoft...

no offense Vista was a stupid name anything with Vista in it... 

no offense Vista was a stupid name anything with Vista in it... 

why would I be offended? Vista was a crucial moment in microsoft's history. It confirmed that Microsoft has a Rubbish/great/rubbish/great schedule, like a, um...

grasps at straws

why would I be offended? Vista was a crucial moment in microsoft's history. It confirmed that Microsoft has a Rubbish/great/rubbish/great schedule, like a, um...

grasps at straws

I hated using Vista :P