the war on drugs.

Tocsin_786

The "war on drugs" usually means hysteria against pot and because of this, a plant is treated on par with cocaine which is really stupid. This makes people want to smoke it more because of taboo and causes gang fights to fuel the trade. if anything, this "war' is creating far more violence and fueling an empire. The moment pot is legal across the US, the value will tank and the trafficking would lose lots of revenue.

Cigarettes can too. The government doesn't condone them, they put enormous warning labels on them.

People that want to ruin their life with drugs will eventually find them one way or another. It's a better solution to legalize them, but educate people on them and make sure the right facilities are in place.

idk if that will help on drugs like cocaine and heroin because the people that do them still do them even though everyone know that cocaine is bad for you, so legalizing them is just going to make it easy to the people that want to do them, they will do it one way or another, and the people that will do them will do them regardless of what advertisement there is

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

Pfft the fucking police here smoke marijuana even though it's illegal. If people want to take drugs, they're going to and you're not going to be able to stop them so stop trying.

I'm obviously against it, just look at Colorado and Washington. The price of legal marijuana is almost double the "street" price and then a 44% tax is tacked on but people are buying the hell out of it and something like $564 million is being projected in tax revenues (technically nothing official has been said though). There's a reason people still go through all the trouble of growing, trafficking, and selling it despite there being such a militant force behind the prosecution of it, there's a shit ton of money to be had in it.

"Unix was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because that would also stop you from doing clever things." - Doug Gwyn

idk if that will help on drugs like cocaine and heroin because the people that do them still do them even though everyone know that cocaine is bad for you, so legalizing them is just going to make it easy to the people that want to do them, they will do it one way or another, and the people that will do them will do them regardless of what advertisement there is

They will indeed do it one way or another, however if legalized then you eliminate most of the crime associated with it.

For medicinal and recovery purposes too, it's much easier to ween people off of drugs than it is to make them go cold turkey.  Marijuana in particular has tons of medicinal uses from stopping seizures and epileptic attacks to reducing nausea and headaches.

If not cocaine and heroine then at least marijuana should be legalized.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

I say free the addicts to make room for the dealers.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

This war makes it hard for me to buy cocaine.

Case:Define R4 | MOBO:ASRock z75 Pro 3 | CPU:i7-3770k 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler:H100i | GPU:970 Strix | RAM:Hyper X 16GB | 

Peripherals:ATH-M50x Limited Blue Edition | K95 RGB | M65 RGB | Blue Yeti MIC | (3x)1920x2080 Acer Monitors

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

They will indeed do it one way or another, however if legalized then you eliminate most of the crime associated with it.

For medicinal and recovery purposes too, it's much easier to ween people off of drugs than it is to make them go cold turkey.  Marijuana in particular has tons of medicinal uses from stopping seizures and epileptic attacks to reducing nausea and headaches.

If not cocaine and heroine then at least marijuana should be legalized.

Yeah I'm ok with marijuana, I know it's got like no downside unless you abuse it hardcore, but I'm not ok with heroin and cocaine because almost every case of death by overdose is associated with those drugs

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

California has money to throw in peoples faces.

Freaking 7.00-9.00% TAX. (Though we have good roads)

Though, we should not throw them out there and expect them to get a job, house, car...

7-9% isnt much

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Yeah I'm ok with marijuana, I know it's got like no downside unless you abuse it hardcore, but I'm not ok with heroin and cocaine because almost every case of death by overdose is associated with those drugs

I realize, but think about how many people die because of the crime associated with it.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

war on drugs is good as it needs to be regulated, the US prison system is a bad example of a working system

but there's alot of problems tied in with the "war on drugs" that make it a wicked problem

video about us prisons and war on drugs

Its all about those volumetric clouds

The war on drugs will inevitably have adverse consequences but what's the alternative? Let drugs run rampant throughout our communities? Access to hard drugs needs to be cut off because they only harm people, families and communities. If they weren't there then police and medical resources could be used elsewhere, rather than on finding/"curing" junkies. Drugs have the largest impact typically on impoverished communities and to ignore them is to turn our back on a significant section of society.

7-9% isnt much

It is when you are buying a car. We had 9.25% on our car when we bought it.

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

It is when you are buying a car. We had 9.25% on our car when we bought it.

we had 14, thats low here.

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Drugs don't really do anything, it's the people that choose to take them.

its really up to them to become low lifes and sacrifice their life for a drug.

Sure it may be addicting, but its not impossible to taper yourself off of it in a couple months.

Its the fact they want the high and become accustomed to it and they think they need it.