[Massdrop] Feather Artist Club SS Razor - Good for beginner?

dalekphalm

Hey Guys,

I've been thinking about switching to a straight edge or fixed blade razor for a long time now. I know there are different types, ones with fixed blades that need to be honed vs ones like this with replaceable blades.

Anyway, I saw this on Massdrop, and I'm wondering: A good choice for someone looking to switch over? I don't shave often (otherwise I'd probably use Dollar Shave Club), but I do like to style/trim/upkeep my beard regularly. Would the Feather Artist Club SS Razor be a good choice for someone who has never used anything other then a Gillette style Mach 3 or equivalent?

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/feather-artist-club-ss-razor?mode=guest_open&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Massdrop%20-%20Master&utm_campaign=Product%20Announcement%202014-08-21

What do you guys think?

Personally, I'd eventually like to switch to a fixed (non-replaceable) razor, but maybe this would be a good way to test/learn?

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

All I could think about with that is 

"IMA CUT A BITCH"

Those aren't the easiest to use but if you want to, go for it. They last a really long time.