So close to pulling the trigger, worth it?

Thread title scared the bejesus out of me. What is this? /b/?

And what do you have right now?

If there's anything i've learned by working in sales, it's that sensationalistic titles draw attention ;) 

8320, Crosshair V - Formula Z

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

I have the feeling you're being sarcastic.

Okay, what else would you call it? Homicide committed by otherly methods?

Suicide is never the answer.

Idk man, what about the Gaming 5? 

Gaming 5 is the best looking Z97 board IMO, I prefer it even to the ASUS ROG Hero and Ranger boards aesthetically.

If there's anything i've learned by working in sales, it's that sensationalistic titles draw attention ;)

8320, Crosshair V - Formula Z

Since you're considering the i5 I imagine you're doing this with gaming in mind.

BStxoUr.jpg

why do so many good cases only come in black and white

What is the method of killing yourself?

su·i·cide

ˈso͞oiˌsīd/

noun

the action of killing oneself intentionally.

"he committed suicide at the age of forty"

synonyms: self-destruction, taking one's own life, killing oneself, self-murder

"was it suicide or murder?"

Since you're considering the i5 I imagine you're doing this with gaming in mind.

Yessir, gaming and web browsing will be the primary use. 

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

Arnold-do-it-now.jpg

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Okay, what else would you call it? Homicide committed by otherly methods?

He wasn't saying it wasn't the answer to his question. He was saying it never the answer to a problem xD

He wasn't saying it wasn't the answer to his question. He was saying it never the answer to a problem xD

Wellllllllllllllllll, you can make it look like an accident. Solves some problems with people. :P

I'm also just being a dork.

I'm also just being a dork.

And  I was pointing it out :D

Suicide is never the answer

Also, yes. Like, now.

This ^^^

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I would say yes upgrade.  I have an 8320 and Formula Z combo and I feel it falls behind my 2600K in single threaded and gaming scenarios, so I'd imagine a shiny new I5 will be even better.  I'm not basing this on any benchmarks or anything scientific, but playing Civ 5 the turns are slower on the 8320 in late game.  Also, installing large Fallout and Skyrim mods such as large texture packs is slower on the 8320.  I have the 8320 @4.64GHz and the 2600K @ 4.3GHz.

Just personal observations based on hardware that is not even what you're looking at so take it with a grain of salt.

Dis track?  Jesus christ why'd we even fight a war?  - Ron Cadillac

What is the method of killing yourself?

su·i·cide

ˈso͞oiˌsīd/

noun

the action of killing oneself intentionally.

"he committed suicide at the age of forty"

synonyms: self-destruction, taking one's own life, killing oneself, self-murder

"was it suicide or murder?"

Yes it is. Imagine you're the first person to become a zombie and you know it'll happen. You'd be a selfish prick if you caused the end of the world. :P

@Askew

@ViruZ_HUN

@AMorassOfPixelz

@Enderman

@tmcclelland455

@TheSLSAMG

@Erik4boss

@Solkia

@pjm0925

And whoever i may have missed, Thank you for your help. Updated the original post. 

snip

woop!

nice board bro, I expect a build log or a system show off photo!

woop!

nice board bro, I expect a build log or a system show off photo!

Will do pal :) 

Eh, TBH FX 8 cores really aren't that amazingly powerful. They have their moments though.

8 cores not enough for you? :o

I'm just sick of the throttling to be honest.

Yes it is. Imagine you're the first person to become a zombie and you know it'll happen. You'd be a selfish prick if you caused the end of the world. :P

Ok, you win. Not because of your point, but because I'm tired of saying it's not the answer.

It was all a joke.

HEHE

Ok, you win. Not because of your point, but because I'm tired of saying it's not the answer.

It was all a joke.

HEHE

I know :D