When and why did you join linustechtips?

nanowatt

The main reason why i came to this amazing community was because it's the most friendly and the biggest of it's kind and for me is enough beside the fact that i needed help at that time so i taught why not and believe it or not i wasn't disappointed.Joined almost 1 year ago and i don't plan on leaving soon.What's your story?Share it with us!

Thanks everyone on this forum for making it what it is today!

ps:if there are parts in what i wrote that doesn't make sense please correct me i am trying to learn English better

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

i was looking for cheap kitchens

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

i was looking for cheap kitchens

Did you found any?

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

I joined due to a hard drive recognition issue with my first rig, and now here we are.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Did you found any?

yes i did... few hundred times 

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

You have been a member for almost a year and you don't have 200 posts? How do you have so much self control?

I should be studying.

Had nothing to do, saw that Linus always links this forum in the description. 

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

You have been a member for almost a year and you don't have 200 posts? How do you have so much self control?I

I usually avoid commenting on each posts because most of them are related to rigs or minor problems.

I compulsively look at PC cases and naturally Linus kept popping up (Along with Dimitrii from Hardware Canucks) as the best and most consistent reviews. After that I liked the fact that this forum 1) It's pretty PC centric 2) It's pretty well populated and moves fast enough for me (though barely) and 3) Works (Sorry to say but Wendell and Logan just can't figure out a forum that fucking works consistently, it's always slow as shit to load, it's alergic to cookies and forces me to relogin every time and well nothing fucking happens for days)

Believe it or not having a huge forum that works is actually one of the reasons I keep coming back to LTT even when he goes into several videos I dislike at times like several audio related stuff in a row.

-------

Current Rig

-------

You have been a member for almost a year and you don't have 200 posts? How do you have so much self control?

Or things like what you think about this or that or this software or this cpu...in many cases most of people know the answer already and my opinion wouldn't matter anyway and probably i would end up arguing

I used to lurk a lot before. I joined because I was bored as hell over summer and someone made a really dumb post and nobody corrected it, so I took it upon myself.

Error: 410

ive joined during the old forum style (it was very broken)

there were too many idiots and i wanted to educate them

but i have grown tired a weary 

now i just hang out in offtopic talking about my hemorrhoids

if any one is wondering

it got better

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I always liked Linus' Youtube videos, but the HighLANder event finally got me to join this forum.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

I was fed up with people misunderstanding the lower levels of semiconductor technology for several pages so I joined to correct them.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

I joined a month or two ago, maybe sometime around those general periods of time before this present time, get me?

And I joined to talk about tech, and muffins, and @BonBon Scotts avatar infidelity.

Oh you all know I joined to spread the teachings of our glorious TNR! TNR! TNR!

Do not  as I  do, and  not  as I say. Instead do as you may..

HSS Revenir: CPU=i7 5960x @4.5GHz Heatsink=Corsair H100i MOBO=ROG Rampage 5 RAM=Kingston HyperX Predator 16GB @3000MHz SSD=Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB GPU=R9 295x2 PSU=Corsair AX1500i OS=Windows 7 Ultimate

Recently got into computers on a more hardcore level and the existence of an easy to use and active forum board like this was pretty nice. I also got bored of essentially just lurking on 4chan all day and night.

Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Steam | Twitch | YT | Build

I joined LTT because i got banned from Overclockers.com. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

I joined on the 17th of october 2013 to ask for advice on a problem, but I was very inactive until a couple of months ago when I suddenly had a lot of time on my hands and I discovere the epicness of this community ^^ now I'm close to addicted...

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I joined LTT because i got banned from Overclockers.com.

:))))))

Joined for a giveaway, stayed for the community. 

Edit: Turns out I joined for some troubleshooting assistance. 

First Build (Kinda)CPU: i7 3770k MOBO: Asus Maximus V Extreme RAM: 4x4gb Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz GPU: Asus GTX 680 DirectCU II SSD: OCZ Vertex 4 256gb HDD: Seagate 2TB PSU: Corsair AX1200 Case: Corsair 900D