Some help from anybody familiar with these EVO-gen

Gears173

So I've been posting a lot lately about my system randomly crashing etc and I have thought it was plenty of things such as:

-disk drive failure(still could be).

-RAM failures.

-Overheating

Also my virus protection randomly shut off at one point.

But I was running some scans and system boot scans with avast! And each time through the system boot scan my system would crash and I was getting fairly frustrated, so I did a system scan while on windows and a specific folder scan.

Both came out with nothing, I checked my quarantine chest to find that I had a Win32:EVO-gen.

It was removed and shuffled to the chest and at the time I followed a link to winrar of YouTube like a dickhead and paid the hard way as it seems, avast! At the time removed it and quarantined it, was over 12 days ago.

But I'm wondering if this could actually be what is causing it and if there is any additional measures that I must take?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated - my system crashes aren't like as soon as I boot up my machine they happen more like every few hours, boot time scans or after playing a game like it hard hangs.

-Gears

I've disconnected my internet just for the sake so the guy controlling it doesn't send packets or anything

Evogen detection means Avast doesn't actually know its a threat from its database because evo gen is a form of zero day detection.  

I'd recommend just downloading Hitman Pro from surfright.nl  Its not freeware but you can get a 30 day trial and it uses multiple antivirus engines and removes scans with them using the cloud.  

Although beforehand run a scan with Kaspersky Rescue disk http://support.kaspersky.com/4162 which is a bootable disk, can be done on a disk or a USB.  But once booted it only has file explorers and a scanner and updater.   Update it and run a scan.  It is completely possible the virus has hid inside of a windows32 file and has infected it and needs advanced disinfection which Kaspersky is good at.  Because I've seen so many times antivirus software fail to remove seriously infected windows32 files. 

If your system crashes inside of the rescue disk, its a hardware issue.  

I've disconnected my internet just for the sake so the guy controlling it doesn't send packets or anything

you need to have internet to receive updates. 

I don't have any plain disks or usbs laid around unfortunately:/

Some of these like program's flood my mind with making stuff worse it paranois me hahaha, I will look into it anyhow and I will get back at you.

Is there a possibility I could identify the files myself by looking into the files?

Evogen detection means Avast doesn't actually know its a threat from its database because evo gen is a form of zero day detection.  

I'd recommend just downloading Hitman Pro from surfright.nl  Its not freeware but you can get a 30 day trial and it uses multiple antivirus engines and removes scans with them using the cloud.  

Although beforehand run a scan with Kaspersky Rescue disk http://support.kaspersky.com/4162 which is a bootable disk, can be done on a disk or a USB.  But once booted it only has file explorers and a scanner and updater.   Update it and run a scan.  It is completely possible the virus has hid inside of a windows32 file and has infected it and needs advanced disinfection which Kaspersky is good at.  Because I've seen so many times antivirus software fail to remove seriously infected windows32 files. 

If your system crashes inside of the rescue disk, its a hardware issue.

I've noticed search protect as well, it's always running and has it's own preferences on my google chrome, could that be a source?

I don't have any plain disks or usbs laid around unfortunately:/

Some of these like program's flood my mind with making stuff worse it paranois me hahaha, I will look into it anyhow and I will get back at you.

Is there a possibility I could identify the files myself by looking into the files?

not really, if they are windows system32 files its best to let the programs do the investigation unless you trust yourself not mess up even the slightest.  

Search protect is a PUP (potentially unwanted program) while its not necessarily dangerous its not something you want and could be considered malicious, although.  Not dangerous.  

I would remove Avast as well, not to hate or anything but Avast's heuristics aren't great and their Evo-Gen is all they have for zero day defense and their deep-screen which never finds anything.  Install a trial of Kaspersky or something and it should find whatever is on there :)