Z77 Sabertooth dead ports

Excon

So it seems that I have 2 dead USB ports and a dead Ethernet port on the rear IO of my board. I'm curious though if they could actually still be functional. I'm thinking it could be one of 3 things:

1. Windows 8.1 didnt give me a driver for it

2. Theres a driver error

3. Bios update (Ive been bugged for about 3 months to do it)

I was curios if you guys thought that any of those things could be the issue. Ive tried downloading the Intel driver and reinstalling it with no success. As far as I know theyve been dead for about 2 months and I just havent worried about it. Can I do something like boot into Linux and have the driver installed and see if it works? That being if 8.1 messed up my driver

Reinstall all your motherboard drivers and if that doesn't work then update bios.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Do you have any yellow markers in Device Manager?

I dont think so?

ae9713a321.png

I dont think so?

ae9713a321.png

Well then, if the devices appear to be installed, try uninstalling them and then reinstalling their latest driver.

Also check they are not switched off in the BIOS, for my board (ASUS also) all onboard devices with third party controllers have on/off toggles in the BIOS.