green themed haswell build for the wife, suggestions?

Pnudran

My wife wants me to build her a gaming pc. these are the things she wants "Green powerful up todate and something you would actually use"

So what I am thinking for my computer is:

Case = Corsair 900D

MOBO = Gygabyte G.1. Sniper 5

CPU = Core i7-4770K

BOOT = Samsung 840 pro

ODD = Asus BW-14d1xt

RAM = Kingston HyperX

Graphics card(s) = (I am thinking) Dual GTX 780 or single GTX 780/Titan (please post ideas on this one.) 

Power Supply = Not chosen yet

Water Cooling

Tubing = Clear hard tuping (for main runs after I get all runs perfect)

Radiators = not chosen yet

Pump = Not chosen yet

ResMaelstrom 5 1/4" Dual Bay Reservoir ( I want some form of dual bay res and a tube res aswell

Waterblock = Swiftech Apogee HD

Coolant = UV reactive green (please suggest what is good with low maintance or would you guys suggest distilled water and UV green tubing?)

and for hers:

Case = In Win GRone or Phantom 820

everything else is about the same thing, she will be having HDD 

If I have any "does not blend" items on here please tell me, if you have suggestions please tell me as well. I am open for any suggestions. 

900d is a massive case , are you sure about this?

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

Looks like a really powerful build! I would say go with the SLI'd 780s, as it is only $200 or so more expensive than a titan, but delivers much better performance. The 900d is a massive case, but it would be amazing if you filled it up with a bunch of rads.  :D

I want the 900D because I like large cases. Last case was a TJ07 and I thought it was too small. I never move my computer though so it doesn't bother me size 

I was thinking the 780's was a better idea for a small price increase. I forgot to mention on hers I am thinking either single 7990 or double aswell. She wants small but loads of power, this is going to be her first PC thats over the 200$ bracket. 

Get the Corsair AX860i PSU.

Sorry if my English is not perfect, but it isn't my native language :)

She plays crysis 3 BF3 portal Diablo Starcraft LoL WoW sinal fantasy series COD mass effect minecraft. emulators. IDK beyond that. She (and I) will play anything you will put infront of us

Sick system but if money isn't problem, why not? ;)
and GTX 780 SLI's will do better job than single Titan.

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

Get the Corsair AX860i PSU.

thank you

Sick system but if money isn't problem, why not? ;)

and GTX 780 SLI's will do better job than single Titan.

money is a problem but this is going to be a "linus build" meaning I am going to take a year or two to build for personal xD 

thats why everything is latest and greatest that way when its done its not super outa date lol

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

would you guys suggest getting a corsair H___i series prefilled, gut it and use it as a CPU block and pump? that way i get the h__i features

thats good too but if I go with the corsair "i" series don't I get the communication between the different components? thinking that would be good for my wife but the one you link might be good for my system aswell

EDIT: Corsair link is the name, had forgot what it was called

I want the 900D because I like large cases. Last case was a TJ07 and I thought it was too small. I never move my computer though so it doesn't bother me size 

You thought it was too small. Haha ha ha..

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

You thought it was too small. Haha ha ha..

I like to run a lot of water cooling and I usually pack my computers with a ton of hard drives. 

• 3 months later...

just now getting started on the build -_- had car problems. A woman cut me off while riding my motorcycle, I was forced to T-bone her