Samsung S5, or Wait and see iPhone 6 and to make a decision

Nerykrugeer

Hi guys.

Well i just got into my upgrade time on my contract, so I went to the store to check some phones, I really liked the S5. But still don't really know what to choose. Since I have the macbook pro as a laptop for university, so I like to have my iPhone 5 sync all the time with my laptop. However when I get home I got to have both my macbook and my PC on to keep up with schedule and all that. My first question is the S5 will be able to do the same thing? but now including both windows and Apple. Also how is the feel with the big screen? I do a lot emails and send many pictures from the phone, so will it be a big improvement?

I read many comments about what the iphone 6 is bring to the table, but still not that impress, I liked the finger printing on the iphone 5s, but that is about it, it does everything mine does, just on a little improvement on speed. On the iPhone 6 many things are going to change expecially the screen size 4.7 or 5.5, and curved on the edges. but still not many improvements besides those little touch up.

So what you guys think, I would like opinions about the S5, and iPhone 6( sure is not released, but what you guys expect from it)

Thank for the help.

Everyday Rig: CPU: Intel i7 3930k (stock), Graphics Card: Asus Strix GTX 1080 Advance Edition, Ram: 32Gb 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance, Storage: 128Gb Samsung 830, 2Tb Seagate Barracuda, CPU Cooler: H100i GTX Noctua F12 iPPC 2000RPM and Gentle Typhoon 1850RPM, Windows 10 Pro, Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 80Gold, Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Keyboard: Corsair K65 Cherry Red,  Mouse: Razer Mamba TE

Wait to see the iPhone 6. If you don't like it, get the HTC One M8.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

One m8 but if only these two choices s5

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Your big question is would you rather continue using iOS or change to android. The S5 is a pretty good phone, but it may not bad idea to wait until next month when both samsung and apple will be releasing new phones. Also, the iphone 6 doesn't exist yet so it may not have the larger display.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

The answer is quite simple my dear friends, LG G3. End of story.

The only substitute for it is an Xperia Z2 (Z3 to come out soon).
S5 is loaded with Samsung bloatware.

One m8 is a good phone with a horrible camera (was alright for a 2012 phone, but not ok for a flagship).

Your big question is would you rather continue using iOS or change to android. The S5 is a pretty good phone, but it may not bad idea to wait until next month when both samsung and apple will be releasing new phones. Also, the iphone 6 doesn't exist yet so it may not have the larger display.

Yeah you got the big question. I do plan on waitting and making my final decision. I saw the Galaxy Alpha(if im not wrong) I like the the fact is full alluminum but don't, but didnt like much about the resolution compare to the S5, I really liked the S5 1080 resolution, is nice to see details even on a phone screen. iPhone 6 is not coming with that resolution, but I can change my mind if they come up with something that compensates for that.

I would get the iPhone if it has the syncing features you'd want.

I like the iPhone for syncing, but if I go use i windows computer the syncing will not be there, so I have to take always with my at least my phone to places, and if I have to edit something, I cant do right at my pc, I have to take my time and put on the phone.

Wait to see the iPhone 6. If you don't like it, get the HTC One M8.

What do you think about the One M8?

One m8 but if only these two choices s5

what is you opinion about the M8? It was in my mind for a while. or maybe go and wait a little longer and the bigger brother M8 Max?

Also guys what about the syncing, if I go to android what I can use to sync calendar, contacts, and basic stuff between the android, apple, and windows?

Everyday Rig: CPU: Intel i7 3930k (stock), Graphics Card: Asus Strix GTX 1080 Advance Edition, Ram: 32Gb 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance, Storage: 128Gb Samsung 830, 2Tb Seagate Barracuda, CPU Cooler: H100i GTX Noctua F12 iPPC 2000RPM and Gentle Typhoon 1850RPM, Windows 10 Pro, Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 80Gold, Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Keyboard: Corsair K65 Cherry Red,  Mouse: Razer Mamba TE

Yeah you got the big question. I do plan on waitting and making my final decision. I saw the Galaxy Alpha(if im not wrong) I like the the fact is full alluminum but don't, but didnt like much about the resolution compare to the S5, I really liked the S5 1080 resolution, is nice to see details even on a phone screen. iPhone 6 is not coming with that resolution, but I can change my mind if they come up with something that compensates for that.

I like the iPhone for syncing, but if I go use i windows computer the syncing will not be there, so I have to take always with my at least my phone to places, and if I have to edit something, I cant do right at my pc, I have to take my time and put on the phone.

what is you opinion about the M8? It was in my mind for a while. or maybe go and wait a little longer and the bigger brother M8 Max?

Also guys what about the syncing, if I go to android what I can use to sync calendar, contacts, and basic stuff between the android, apple, and windows?

I havent actually heard about the max but the m8 is awesome and google has syncing for everything

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

-Snip-

720P is fine on smaller screens like a Moto G, but at that size and that price it's not that great. If you like metal and don't mind the size the M8 from HTC isn't too bad from what I've heard. As for syncing I use google stuff and it works well, but it's been a while since I've last used OS X and android so something may have changed.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

I think the One M8 is built better, looks nicer and has a better warranty.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

720P is fine on smaller screens like a Moto G, but at that size and that price it's not that great. If you like metal and don't mind the size the M8 from HTC isn't too bad from what I've heard. As for syncing I use google stuff and it works well, but it's been a while since I've last used OS X and android so something may have changed.

I don't mind the size at all. I actually like the fact is bigger, is easier to read and type emails when need it. Also I was looking at the sync, tell me more about if you can of course. I still use outlook (msn), i dont use gmail, and since work and school are sync to the outlook. but I know emails is the easy part to sync, what about calendar and contacts, would I have to transfer all from my old phone to the new one and how it would sync to my mac and pc?

Get a s5, it is pretty good, was planning on getting one, but then the G3 caught my interest, none the less, the S5 is a great phone and touchwiz is not that shit as people make it out to be

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Get a s5, it is pretty good, was planning on getting one, but then the G3 caught my interest, none the less, the S5 is a great phone and touchwiz is not that shit as people make it out to be

it for sure can be exagurated how much it's bloated, but there's still a lot to say how bloated it is versus another heavily modified version of android: Sense 6.

it for sure can be exagurated how much it's bloated, but there's still a lot to say how bloated it is versus another heavily modified version of android: Sense 6.

True true, but still, Samsung did tone it down a bit, which must have been hard for them, since they love themselves alot xD

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

the S5 look pretty good at the store and all, I didnt check the G3. But when I go there next time I can look at it.

Nexus 6, por favor

Does the nexus 6 has for Verizon(US carrier)? and its unlock?

I don't mind the size at all. I actually like the fact is bigger, is easier to read and type emails when need it.

True. I don't mind the screen size, but more the device height due to where the power button is and the fact it has speakers. As for sync, you can use Microsoft's official Outlook app, which you can get from here.

Garrus - HP Stream 11

Does the nexus 6 has for Verizon(US carrier)? and its unlock?

It probably won't be available from Verizon, but the outright phone from Google is unlocked.

Wait this is a bit off topic, but when people say touchwiz is bloated with bloatware is it carrier bloatware or what? Can some give an example of the type of bloatware

Computer Specifications:

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Lenses:

Wait this is a bit off topic, but when people say touchwiz is bloated with bloatware is it carrier bloatware or what? Can some give an example of the type of bloatware

Samsung skins and apps that aren't necessary, yet you can't uninstall them with the trash your carrier gives you. On the S5 you only get 10.7GB of usable storage, but I'll say it's worth it and it doesn't matter much since 32GB models are going to get cheaper while all Samsung devices come with an SD card reader. (Suck on that Apple!) Samsung also doesn't polish their skin much which slows down the system, but it's gradually getting better as Samsung made some of the "bloat" optional starting from the S5.

In the end, I really don't notice the bloat much since it's only slower by the milliseconds and I only use flagship devices. What I really like about TouchWiz  is the UI. I found none that is so fun to use with flashy colors here and there. Judge me if you must, but I'm a fanboy. I've been using Samsung for more than half of my lifetime.What do you expect?

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV