New Audio Setup for YouTube

Shelden iHardware

So right now I am currently using Turtle Beach X12 headphones and want to upgrade quite a bit in the audio department when it come to doing YouTube videos. I DO NOT need new headphones right now these work fine for listening to music and such and I try to use my speakers when I can. I want to know what type of a Mic,dac,boom,ext I could get for around $150-$200 and what you guys would recommend. I will be sitting right in front of the mic and only have 1 monitor, so plenty of space for a boom. If you want to know more just let me know, Thanks!

-Shelden

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

For a start you could get the blue yeti

The Wannabe is no longer. Replaced by the Flotilla. If you replace every part of a computer is it still the same computer?

Survived the Survivor 2299

Audio Engineer, Lighting Programmer, Video Engineer, FOH.

If your wanting audio clarity I would just go with a condencer mic : http://www.amazon.com/Behringer-C-1-Studio-Condenser-Microphone/dp/B000CZ0RLK/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1408038218&sr=8-4&keywords=condenser+mic

with a pop shield (any will do )

also getting a mixer will probably do nicely as you can play around with the EQ settings a bit so that you can remove certain frequency's that you may not want.

http://www.amazon.com/Behringer-502-XENYX502-5-Channel-Mixer/dp/B000J5UEGQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1408038330&sr=8-3&keywords=mixer+audio

Computer Programming Nerd Guy + Computer Support @ Red Tree IT

I use a Samson C10U and a crappy micstand, along with a pop filter.

This might be worth watching.

Build Log: Monochrome

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87MX-D3H | Graphics Card: Asus HD 7970 DirectCU II | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | PSU: Corsair CXM 600 | Storage: OCZ Vertex 4 128GB,2 Seagate Baracuda 3TB | Case: Corsair 350D Window