Which "new" car?

dizmo

So I've been bored and I've been looking at cars to buy.

There's a few decent deals on cars that need a touch of work, and I know a couple that have been sitting, so that's where the poll options came from.

The cars in question would be lowered, with deep dish wheels installed. Maybe a few mods to the interior. Nothing too crazy.

If you know what "stanced" is, then that's the look I'd be going for.

Here's an example of each car in order of the poll so you get an idea.

21b8b003043db35596061c144ac2dfd4.jpg

watson_sc4_11-900x596.jpg

unusual-5.jpg

If you have other suggestions I'm all ears, but I do have some basic requirements.

It'll be a wagon. I need the cargo capacity.

It also needs to be cheap, since I live in the city and honestly likely won't use it enough to warrant spending more. Though saving the pennies for an '04 S4 Avant has been tempting.

Automatic. Don't need a war about this. If I were getting a stick I'd be importing a BMW E30 Touring.

I'd love an older Cressida, but they're hard to find in sedan form, let alone wagon.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Noooo, don't do that to cars. It ruins them.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

I'd say go for the Merc. But in the end i guess the one with cheapest insurance, and the best condition?

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

this

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

How so...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x  GPU: ASUS Strix rtx 2080 Super RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 8gb x4 PSU: Corsair HX850i Motherboard: ASUS Strix x570-E Storage: Samsung 840 pro, Samsung 970 evo 1tb nvme, segate 2tb Case: NZXT H510I Cooling: Corsair h100i

How so...

Well, lowering the car makes it inconvenient. Speed bumps become Satan.

Deep dish wheels aren't so bad, but they still look 'ricer' like.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

How so...

they aren't rally cars and their suspensions aren't made to be stiffened that much!

Volvo 850 is really reliable :)

1. If you've got a slim budget. STAY AWAY FROM THE MERC.

The volvo is good on a budget. And ruining one is fine with me

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

this

Haha, they're old. It doesn't ruin the car if you do it properly.

True, but again if you drive properly they're not so bad. My friend has a dropped VW Golf. We made it to her cabin, along some pretty haggard unpaved roads perfectly fine.

If you get the right wheels they look great. "Ricer" isn't really a current term, and there's tons of EDM cars that sport such set ups.

it's not a rally car that's prepared to run on tarmac and their suspensions aren't made to be stiffened that much!

Volvo 850 is really reliable :)

That's the one I'm leaning a little farther to.

1. If you've got a slim budget. STAY AWAY FROM THE MERC.

The volvo is good on a budget. And ruining one is fine with me

The Merc is actually the cheapest to purchase of the bunch, and it's before their quality had a massive decline.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Since op would have to get after market coilovers, He could easily adjust the height so speed bumps shouldn't be a problem. It depends on which wheels he gets. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x  GPU: ASUS Strix rtx 2080 Super RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 8gb x4 PSU: Corsair HX850i Motherboard: ASUS Strix x570-E Storage: Samsung 840 pro, Samsung 970 evo 1tb nvme, segate 2tb Case: NZXT H510I Cooling: Corsair h100i

There is nothing more expensive than a cheap merc.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

The Merc is actually the cheapest to purchase of the bunch, and it's before their quality had a massive decline.

As someone that has owned a few golden era mercs i'll say this right now.

There is nothing more expensive than a cheap mercedes. Unless you can get one that is 99% perfect. Or you have the extra cash to spend on spares. Stay away

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

There is a reason for this. Stay away...

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

There is nothing more expensive than a cheap mercedes. Unless you can get one that is 99% perfect. Or you have the extra cash to spend on spares. Stay away

Beat by seconds...

There is a reason for this. Stay away...

A family full of mechanics make repairs very, very cheap.

Most of the reason it's cheap though, is the year. They're not exactly new. He's also selling it since he's moving and can't take it with. Older fellow.

Not all cheap finds are disasters waiting to happen ;)

How about a Subaru Forester, They look really good when done right, JDM Bro :D

Too expensive sadly! I'd love me a Legacy, but they're impossible to find. I think we got the Outback Wagon instead.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

Most of the reason it's cheap though, is the year. They're not exactly new. He's also selling it since he's moving and can't take it with. Older fellow.

Too expensive sadly! I'd love me a Legacy, but they're impossible to find. I think we got the Outback Wagon instead.

Ahh ok, Good Luck in search for a new car :D 

None of them. They have all been ruined with that stupid modification to the wheels, suspension and whatnot. Only a fool does that. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

How about a Subaru Forester, They look really good when done right, JDM Bro :D

Agreed. There's some that are just downright amazing.

bbs-subaru-forester12.jpg

"Rawr XD"

wait, are those modified? the owners should meet a special treatment for doing that... 

what is your budget? it is always easier to get some japanese cars because their parts are easier to fix and find and also cheaper :)

I do all my repairs myself too. It's not the work that drains your wallet. It's the price of spares. It's "you've got to know a guy to get good prices on spares" expensive. 

If you do go for the merc. The M104 that's in the 320E (E320 is a whole different model. It's from the moneygrabbing merc days of horrid build quality) Is a great engine. A german built six <3

But listen for ANY bad sounds. Knocks,Ticks,Groans,Scrapes etc. Any one of those could be veeery expensive. If the auto box goes pop it's had it. Don't even bother.

If there is a clunk from the rear diff. Walk away. Good quality diffs are rare and having an old one refurbished is pretty expensive.

If you slam it on coilovers later. Get a new oil pan made. They are brittle on these cars and will crack pretty easily if they hit anything

Also make sure that the fuel pump has been changed or is in good condition (You'll hear it if it's bad) They are annoyingly expensive.

I'd say the Mercedes, but lower it and put some tasteful rims on it. 

Meaning don't have it hella slammed to the point where you can't even speed bumps and almost rubs, no chrome, and for gods sake please go light on the camber if you must. 

Error: 410

audi RS 6

might be a bit over budget though.

i would pick the mecedes though

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

I do all my repairs myself too. It's not the work that drains your wallet. It's the price of spares. It's "you've got to know a guy to get good prices on spares" expensive. 

If you do go for the merc. The M104 that's in the 320E (E320 is a whole different model. It's from the moneygrabbing merc days of horrid build quality) Is a great engine. A german built six <3

But listen for ANY bad sounds. Knocks,Ticks,Groans,Scrapes etc. Any one of those could be veeery expensive. If the auto box goes pop it's had it. Don't even bother.

If there is a clunk from the rear diff. Walk away. Good quality diffs are rare and having an old one refurbished is pretty expensive.

If you slam it on coilovers later. Get a new oil pan made. They are brittle on these cars and will crack pretty easily if they hit anything

Also make sure that the fuel pump has been changed or is in good condition (You'll hear it if it's bad) They are annoyingly expensive.

do you have a car? if so, which one? i'm curious to know :D