2nd monitor vs. one 30" monitor

POOP With CHEESE

i would like to know which would be better to get another 24 inch 1080p monitor or replace my current monitor with a 30" 1440p monitor also could my pc run 1440p games

I know my name is bad I made it not thinking I would use it. Just call me dogenut...

You should do neither. Your GTX 760 has no chance in the world of running modern titles at 1440p or dual-monitor.

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

I don't think there are any 30" 1440p monitors, I think you mean 27". The 30" ones are usually 1600p.

Well think of it this way, you wouldn't be able to play on 2 monitors anyway, so why not get the 1440p one and use your current one as a secondary monitor?

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

also it could be a 27" 1440p monitor

I know my name is bad I made it not thinking I would use it. Just call me dogenut...

if you get the 1440p you will be playing at medium to low settings alot of the time with only a 760, i recommend a second 1080p monitor.

You should do neither. Your GTX 760 has no chance in the world of running modern titles at 1440p or dual-monitor.

A GTX 760 will do fine at 1440p, he won't be maxing out every game but he can get completely playable framerates at around high settings, maybe medium in the really taxing games. And how could it not handle dual monitors? He could do 3 in surround and a 4th auxiliary if he wanted to. Auxiliary monitors add almost no extra load on the GPU.

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

27" 1440p for the win

But you might struggle to run games on high/ultra your card

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I'd get the 1440p monitor.

And yes, the 760 has a chance. I currently use a EVGA GTX 760 on a 1440p monitor (with a 1080p secondary) on medium-high settings at 60fps without a sweat. Just had to turn down AA and some other settings but it still looks way better than 1080p :)

proud owner of alienware 13 with graphic amplifier and also a alienware X51 gaming PC!!! really powerfulL!!

xoxo samantha <3

and tek syndicate said the 760 is fine if u turn down some settings and also i mainly play cs go and gmod soooo

if you get the 1440p you will be playing at medium to low settings alot of the time with only a 760, i recommend a second 1080p monitor.

This is no true at all. Sure metro and crysis are a bitch to run, but realistically he should never have to go below medium settings, most games will run at high just fine. 

c91900a2a288e42eaedfd3eabd708acd.png

Please look up actual benchmarks before spewing out your incorrect assumptions. 

A GTX 760 will do fine at 1440p, he won't be maxing out every game but he can get completely playable framerates at around high settings, maybe medium in the really taxing games. And how could it not handle dual monitors? He could do 3 in surround and a 4th auxiliary if he wanted to. Auxiliary monitors add almost no extra load on the GPU.

Are you serious?

I mean, are you actually serious?

A GTX760 can barely keep up 30FPS just walking around, no fighting, no explosions on high.

You think you can play like that?

To get playable you would need absolute rock bottom settings at 1440p.

An R9 290 can't get playable framerates at High at 1440p!

If you're playing Gmod, then sure, you can do 1440p, but Gmod won't look very different at 1440p. I mean, come on, it's Gmod.

like i said i mainly play source games

Are you serious?

A GTX760 can barely keep up 30FPS just walking around, no fighting, no explosions on high.

As I said above, please look up ACTUAL BENCHMARKS before spewing out your incorrect assumptions. Just because you have an R9 290 doesn't mean that everything below that is unusable crap.

so 1440p or nah

Are you serious?

Just don't....

As I said above, please look up ACTUAL BENCHMARKS before spewing out your incorrect assumptions. Just because you have an R9 290 doesn't mean that everything below that is unusable crap.

I find it funny that you think that I think everything lower than a 290 is crap. I literally just said that my R9 290 can't do High. Maybe we have different views on what's a tolerable framerate, and that doesn't mean that you have to accuse me of bias just because I have a  $400 card.

Face it, the GTX 760 is a 660Ti. It's not going to be running 1440p at good settings. And if I can't even get good settings on high res, I don't think it is worth it, because Very High 720p and Low 1080p don't look much different.

What makes you think that I didn't look up actual benchmarks? 

As you can see, the 1440p benchmark barely holds up 30+ FPS in situations where you're just walking around.

like i said i mainly play source games

Are you planning on playing Source 2 games, like Half Life 3? (it's coming don't even try to deny it) Because that's going to be more demanding.

is 30FPS tolerable for you?

Is medium settings okay for you?

Are you serious about these benchmarks you're posting? You're pretty much disproving what you're saying yourself. No way anyone would want to play at 25FPS. 60FPS stable or go home.

Are you planning on playing Source 2 games, like Half Life 3? (it's coming don't even try to deny it) Because that's going to be more demanding.

is 30FPS tolerable for you?

Is medium settings okay for you?

Is Crysis 3 literally the only game you play then?

Are you serious about these benchmarks you're posting? You're pretty much disproving what you're saying yourself. No way anyone would want to play at 25FPS. 60FPS stable or go home.

Talking about Metro 2033 and Last Light here... he even says he mostly plays Source games like GMod.

I find it funny that you think that I think everything lower than a 290 is crap. I literally just said that my R9 290 can't do High. Maybe we have different views on what's a tolerable framerate, and that doesn't mean that you have to accuse me of bias just because I have a  $400 card.

Face it, the GTX 760 is a 660Ti. It's not going to be running 1440p at good settings. And if I can't even get good settings on high res, I don't think it is worth it, because Very High 720p and Low 1080p don't look much different.

What makes you think that I didn't look up actual benchmarks? 

As you can see, the 1440p benchmark barely holds up 30+ FPS in situations where you're just walking around.

Of course you link the single most demanding game you can get. Does anyone ACTUALLY play Crysis 3? Even then, the card held comfortably above 30FPS in that test and if you take AA down a bit I bet it wouldn't even go below 40. Plus those benchmarks are with a stock card, so he could easily overclock and get more performance. Listen to the guy who actually has a GTX 760 and a 1440p monitor. @ROK

so 1440p or nah

Yes go for it, 1440p is a dream not only for games but for general usage as well. Your 760 will have no problem running games at that resolution, just look up some benchmarks and don't worry about what the guys at "team red" are telling you.

INTEL I7 4790K @4.6Ghz |  ASUS Z97-A  |  CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz 16gb | NVIDIA GTX 780 | NZXT H440 White | CORSAIR RM750 | SAMSUNG 840 EVO | WD Caviar Black 1TB | LIQUID COOLED |

Bioshock on very high and Tomb Raider on high both average above 60FPS. As I said Metro is a bitch to run, that's when you go down to medium settings and/or take off AA. He'll never have to go to "lowest" settings as some here are claiming and realistically he'll be able to play on high on almost all games and on medium on the most demanding ones. @ plays on 1440p with a 7870, the GTX 760 beats the 7950.