2nd monitor vs. one 30" monitor

POOP With CHEESE

Are you planning on playing Source 2 games, like Half Life 3? (it's coming don't even try to deny it) Because that's going to be more demanding.

is 30FPS tolerable for you?

Is medium settings okay for you?

HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED no but in all seriousness can u recomend a nice korean monitor for 300$ and yes to all of ur questions

I know my name is bad I made it not thinking I would use it. Just call me dogenut...

Depends what games he plays guy why you dont ask first? BF4 wont run but i play F1 2013 for instance and Diablo 3 at 3200x1800 consider it 3K res well almost 4K but whatever.And it runs no problem and it looks beast buut @ OP if you want to run something like BF4/crysis and want max ultra its also best to run at native res,which will be 1440p/1600p and your gpu wont cope you will have to downgrade to medium settings or worse so think about that.

Either get 2x 760 or keep your monitor and do supersampling with downscale,else in newer games you might be forced to run like 1080p on 1440p/1600p monitor to be able to have decent graphics and the pixels will look messy/blurred.

.2 cents @ experience.

Talking about Metro 2033 and Last Light here... he even says he mostly plays Source games like GMod.

If Source is the only thing he plays then that's cool, but shopping for a single franchise only (and not to mention one that's just about literally 10 years old now) seems a bit... well dumb. You are going to want to have some headroom for newer (not necessarily NEW, but newer) titles because eventually you are going to wander into other games that you want to play.

If Source is the only thing he plays then that's cool, but shopping for a single franchise only (and not to mention one that's just about literally 10 years old now) seems a bit... well dumb. You are going to want to have some headroom for newer (not necessarily NEW, but newer) titles because eventually you are going to wander into other games that you want to play.

Even if he wandered off from Source games, that card is more than capable running games at that resolution.

i know i play last gen games also like tomb raider and bioshock and i play random indie titles and games on sale

I know my name is bad I made it not thinking I would use it. Just call me dogenut...

i know i play last gen games also like tomb raider and bioshock and i play random indie titles and games on sale

I recommend the X-Star DP2710

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

does the xstar have speakers?

Dude. The 760 will run bf4 on ultra at 1080p with 70fps+ Team red is just being uptight because Nvidia cards do generally better than theirs (Not including r9 290x or r9 295x2) however they can get the cards for less than Nvidia. And my friend runs a 3x 1440p monitor setup and he can run crysis and crysis 2 at ultra (crysis) and high no aa (crysis 2) at 50fps+...Actually do research before you start to lash out at a card. I have done weeks of research on whether to buy a 760 and there are 2 things. No. 1 It runs most games I want to run at max or at least high with at least 50fps+ with ease. No. 2 Don't lash out at me because if you DID the research you would find I am right

That's an AHVA panel. Mix between TN and IPS.

The DP2710 is a PLS (aka IPS) panel. There won't be an extreme difference but the IPS panel will look nicer with a higher response time.

I'd go for the X-star DP2710. I'm using one right now :)

Also, any monitor with speakers (especially the korean ones) is not good for anything but system sounds.

proud owner of alienware 13 with graphic amplifier and also a alienware X51 gaming PC!!! really powerfulL!!

xoxo samantha <3