H440 Temps?

TrickyWitcher

This seems like an amazing case. I love it. Everyone says it's quiet as well. The only complaint people seem to have is that it wasn't meant for air cooling. My CPU should be fine as it's an i5 4670K at stock clocks with a Noctua NH L9i on it. What I'm really worried about is if my MSI 770 will go over 70C while gaming...

http://www.ncix.com/detail/nzxt-h440-atx-mid-tower-5b-94094-1248.htm

Nah 770s stay cool as long as you dont OC it.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Ooh man your avatar fits your post.

It will be fine. Even the worst cases for air cooling, as long as it has 3-4 120mm fan mounts it should be fine

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

Ooh man your avatar fits your post.

I don't see how Ryuko fits the post... 

I don't see how Ryuko fits the post... 

The expression...

As a person who owns a H440... Yes things here are a bit toastier.

I have an i7 4790K overclocked to 4.6Ghz and it reaches 60ºC under extreme load (using an H100i)

And my GTX780 (with the stock cooler) [overclocked to 1000ish mhz] stays under 75 under full load with the fan at 60-70%

However, there's a great solution to all of this... If you do not feel comfortable with your temps, the front panel is very easily removed and will reduce temps by 10º.

This is not necessary as all of the temps mentioned above are very acceptable.

INTEL I7 4790K @4.6Ghz |  ASUS Z97-A  |  CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz 16gb | NVIDIA GTX 780 | NZXT H440 White | CORSAIR RM750 | SAMSUNG 840 EVO | WD Caviar Black 1TB | LIQUID COOLED |

I have an H440, it runs cool after some work.

Components: 

- 4790k with H100i

- 2 MSI GTX760

Things ran a bit hot originally, mostly the GPUs. They were running from 72-85 when playing BF4 for a few hours, one always hotter than the other. I did a few things that dropped my GPU temps by 10C

1. Added all Noctua fans: 2 NF-F12 (radiator fans), 3 NF-S12A PWM (intake fans), 1 NF-A14 PWM (rear 140mm)

2. Took out the black grills on the top and front of the case. On the top I took out the back one, the front I took out the only one. I did this because airflow is increased significantly and I cannot see these parts of the tower at my desk, so it doesn't bother me. 

Now I can run my fans faster at lower temps and my case doesn't sound like a jet about to take off. My GPUs now sit between 60-70C. The silence and cooler temps were totally worth the $125. 

As a person who owns a H440... Yes things here are a bit toastier.

I have an i7 4790K overclocked to 4.6Ghz and it reaches 60ºC under extreme load (using an H100i)

And my GTX780 (with the stock cooler) [overclocked to 1000ish mhz] stays under 75 under full load with the fan at 60-70%

However, there's a great solution to all of this... If you do not feel comfortable with your temps, the front panel is very easily removed and will reduce temps by 10º.

This is not necessary as all of the temps mentioned above are very acceptable.

I've heard that removing unused drive bays help significantly too. So right now in my 300R with a stock cooler I get 36C idling, max 59C. GPU caps at 64C. If I move to the H440 with the Noctua lh L9i can I rest assured that my CPU won't idle over 40C? GPU is fine as long as it stays below 70C while under load.

I have an H440, it runs cool after some work.

Components: 

- 4790k with H100i

- 2 MSI GTX760

Things ran a bit hot originally, mostly the GPUs. They were running from 72-85 when playing BF4 for a few hours, one always hotter than the other. I did a few things that dropped my GPU temps by 10C

1. Added all Noctua fans: 2 NF-F12 (radiator fans), 3 NF-S12A PWM (intake fans), 1 NF-A14 PWM (rear 140mm)

2. Took out the black grills on the top and front of the case. On the top I took out the back one, the front I took out the only one. I did this because airflow is increased significantly and I cannot see these parts of the tower at my desk, so it doesn't bother me. 

Now I can run my fans faster at lower temps and my case doesn't sound like a jet about to take off. My GPUs now sit between 60-70C. The silence and cooler temps were totally worth the $125. 

When you mention sit at 60-70C, I hope you mean while under load.

I've heard that removing unused drive bays help significantly too. So right now in my 300R with a stock cooler I get 36C idling, max 59C. GPU caps at 64C. If I move to the H440 with the Noctua lh L9i can I rest assured that my CPU won't idle over 40C? GPU is fine as long as it stays below 70C while under load.

Yes, your temps will be fine :D

Don't forget to remove them drive bays, helps a ton.

INTEL I7 4790K @4.6Ghz |  ASUS Z97-A  |  CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz 16gb | NVIDIA GTX 780 | NZXT H440 White | CORSAIR RM750 | SAMSUNG 840 EVO | WD Caviar Black 1TB | LIQUID COOLED |

When you mention sit at 60-70C, I hope you mean while under load.

Yes, obviously under load. 

I also removed all my unused drive bays to give the fans a more unobstructed path. 

Well,

I use one too with the i7 4790k.. idle/normal usage temps are between 32 & 38.. under load it goes up to around 70+ with p95 at blend.. 

I'm using a H100i with AS5 applied the stick method as recommended by AS.. Nothing much.. I'll wait and see for two months.. (200 hours of burn in.. :( ) if no change, I'll swap for CM Essential E2... 

CPU Intel Core i7-4790KCPU Cooler Corsair H100iMotherboard Gigabyte GA-Z97X-GAMING 7Memory Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600Storage Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 120GB, Seagate Barracuda 160GB 3.5" 7200RPM & Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM 
GPU MSI GTX 670 2GBCase NZXT H440 (Black/Red)Power Supply Corsair RM 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-ModularOperating System Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1 (64-bit)Keyboard Logitech K270 WirelessMouse Logitech G602 Wireless Optical Mouse 
 Headset SteelSeries Siberia Headset & USB Sound cardSpeakers Creative Labs Inspire T6160 50W 5.1ch SpeakersUPS APC BackUPS Pro 1000Thermal Compound Arctic Silver 5

We are happy to help.. But clicking on "Mark Solved" makes us all happier :)

This seems like an amazing case. I love it. Everyone says it's quiet as well. The only complaint people seem to have is that it wasn't meant for air cooling. My CPU should be fine as it's an i5 4670K at stock clocks with a Noctua NH L9i on it. What I'm really worried about is if my MSI 770 will go over 70C while gaming...

http://www.ncix.com/detail/nzxt-h440-atx-mid-tower-5b-94094-1248.htm

70 c is not hot, at all. it can go up to 85 without any cause for alarm

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

i havent got the case but as long as you use a decent amount of fans it should suck plenty of air.