Looks like Twitch butchered Slick's archive with audio copyright mute.

Damikiller37

So I realised that Slick was streaming earlier today so I went to Twitch to see if I could just see what he was up to and I saw this...

86ce545218.jpg

This is basically 90% of the audio during the stream muted. I'm seriously starting to hate Twitch for all of this BS. I know they have the right to do it but even then holy crap it basically rendered the archive unwatchable.

What do you guys think about this? 

I mean for Twitch right now, it's; start enforcing the rules or get sued.

It is what it is, I'm sure Slick will upload a higlights video at some point. 

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

This is basically 90% of the audio during the stream muted. I'm seriously starting to hate Twitch for all of this BS. I know they have the right to do it but even then holy crap it basically rendered the archive unwatchable.

What do you guys think about this? 

I noticed the same thing in the archived streams of a couple of streamers that I follow. Yes it's annoying but I don't think that Twitch have a choice, they're not the ones to blame for that.

I mean for Twitch right now, it's; start enforcing the rules or get sued.

It is what it is, I'm sure Slick will upload a higlights video at some point. 

I guess you are right but it seems to me that they are seriously overdoing. If they could figure a way where the streamer would play a song on a stream and for the system to bring up a notice saying what song it is and where you can legaly obtain it instead of muting that audio off I can see it being a better way to advertise the music and for everyone to benefit from it.

I guess you are right but it seems to me that they are seriously overdoing. If they could figure a way where the streamer would play a song on a stream and for the system to bring up a notice saying what song it is and where you can legaly obtain it instead of muting that audio off I can see it being a better way to advertise the music and for everyone to benefit from it.

That's unfortunately not how large corporations work. 

If anything, people should appreciate the fact that they are only muting the Vods and not touching the live streams. 

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

The funny thing is that even Twitch's own broadcasts have been muted:

twitch.jpg

This whole thing sucks.

EDIT: And why the heck is it 30 minutes, since when was the average length of a song 30 minutes?

Edited by wjdobie

" If you don't hand your homework In, I might have find where you live and break your House." <<-- Mr Leat, 2013

the raa  can go suck dicks...and let the public be.....

I'm happy with him trolling Twitch on purpose. I even got "I remember - deadmau5" played, which pretty much made my morning :D

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

Watching Twitch archives is dead unless you rip them, if you rip them they don't downoad muted.

Shh! Don't mention that in a public forum! Otherwise they'll patch it right away!

-------

Current Rig

-------

Fucking Google at it again, they ruined YouTube and now it's time to ruin Twitch

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

Luke streams? o_O

luke_lafr on Twitch if I am not mistaken.

OT: all of these recent copyright mass claims are bullsh it and most people think so. Wasn't Twitch saying to rewind the latest update?

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

Fucking Google at it again, they ruined YouTube and now it's time to ruin Twitch

They are not yet owned by google, and it's not even the same system that youtube uses. 

This was eventually going to happen whether or not they were bought out. The fault lies with the music industry. 

I don't get it, why is Twitch going full retard?

Because of this little company called:

50e9f9b0afa96f57f7000003.jpg?w=400

Interested in Business and Technology

Because of this little company called:

50e9f9b0afa96f57f7000003.jpg?w=400

So extra special full retard with a dash of autism over copy right?

Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Steam | Twitch | YT | Build

I wanted to watch it too.

Fuck you Google, I recognize the issues with copyright, but at that, just take the damn advertising prerolls and postrolls off the offending videos, don't just block out a majority of the damn stream.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I wanted to watch it too.

Fuck you Google, I recognize the issues with copyright, but at that, just take the damn advertising prerolls and postrolls off the offending videos, don't just block out a majority of the damn stream.

Honestly at this point in time, google is so powerfull i doubt we can do anything about it. Just accept it lol. Google is the new Apple, but even worse!

Honestly at this point in time, google is so powerfull i doubt we can do anything about it. Just accept it lol. Google is the new Apple, but even worse!

Yeah, pretty much. Yet people deep in the tech community will still s their d if you catch me.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Yeah, pretty much. Yet people deep in the tech community will still s their d if you catch me.

Holy shit, i didn't even notice you were SLS. damn that new profile pic tho. I MISS JEREMY!

Twitch, much like Google, has their hands tied with the music industries. If the companies do not comply with their highly stringent demands, then they will be sued to oblivion.

It is still a stupid outcome, but you people keep pointing your fingers at the wrong direction. Let's see what happens afterwards.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

Pretty sure Luke said he knew they were going to mute his VODs but he didn't really care in the case of those particular streams.  

I think I saw someone ask why it mutes entire swaths of videos.  I believe the reason is because the service Twitch employs scans the videos for the music in blocks, and when it discovers something it thinks is copyrighted it mutes a 30 minute block and the skips ahead to the end of that to begin scanning again. It repeats scanning in these process until the end of the video. 

Basically it is a time saving technique.  Twitch has a massive amount of content to look through and they figure it's easier to switch the burden to the streamers if they catch something.  It's not an elegant solution; I don't even think it is a particularly good solution but it is what service chose to employ.

Here's an Idea, make the EULA for twitch state "Content creator assumes all legal liability involving copyrighted materials" and then let them do what they want? So that basically when "artists" bitch about their music being played, twitch can say "sorry, but we can't control what they do, talk to them about it"

I'm sure it already says that to begin with, so why are they even fucking doing this?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Here's an Idea, make the EULA for twitch state "Content creator assumes all legal liability involving copyrighted materials" and then let them do what they want? So that basically when "artists" bitch about their music being played, twitch can say "sorry, but we can't control what they do, talk to them about it"

I'm sure it already says that to begin with, so why are they even fucking doing this?

The problem with this concept is the amount of people who deliberately ignore the rules, even with the penalties in place. When there are so many people releasing copyrighted materials at one time, the copyright holders will no longer be able to look at each and every case. The only thing that can be practically done is look at the source medium and deal with the overall problem, regardless of the repercussions.

Granted that the music industries, the people enforcing the rules, are obscenely dim-witted, but Google/Twitch is getting a lot of unwarranted flack for this issue.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

The problem with this concept is the amount of people who deliberately ignore the rules, even with the penalties in place. When there are so many people releasing copyrighted materials at one time, the copyright holders will no longer be able to look at each and every case. The only thing that can be practically done is look at the source medium and deal with the overall problem, regardless of the repercussions.

Granted that the music industries, the people enforcing the rules, are obscenely dim-witted, but Google/Twitch is getting a lot of unwarranted flack for this issue.

Is it not the responsibility of the copyright holder to enforce the copyright? If a company like twitch says "we cannot control our user base" that makes it the responsibility of the copyright holder to go after each individual of their own volition (they could you know, just be chill and not be complete assholes about it and ruin everything they touch, like they are now) , so in what way can they force the medium to stop it? it's not their responsibility as they are not the copyright holder, and they see no profit from either enforcing it or not?

Not to mention that by playing music overtop of streams, is really just free advertising. Although I could understand them banning any channel that just plays music as though it were a radio station, even though that's just more free advertising.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs