Games keep crashing. Unknown problem.

I have gone through 3 faulty CS750M's. (psu's) I would be playing games such as A.C - Black flag and Battlefield 4. Both of which would freeze, forcing me to reset my computer, or crashing to an unresponsive desktop, forcing a restart anyway. 

I have recently bought an AX860 to try and remedy the problem. The problem has persisted.

I do not know what to do at all to stop it. The other CS750M's may have been faulty, but I will eventually crash, be it in 5 minutes or 4 hours, and I have had enough. This has persisted since January, I have gone through a lot of compromise, RMA'ing and metaphorically hitting my head against a wall to get this sorted, yet it won't stop.

I have updated all GPU drivers. 

My specs are as follows:

i7 4770k

16gb Corsair Vengenace RAM.

Dark Rock 3 CPU cooler.

Z87 G65 MSI Gaming motherboard.

AX860 PSU.

250gb Samsung EVO SSD.

2tb HDD.

Gigabyte 780ti windforce edition.

I have attatched screenshots of strange things I have noticed, such as the error message I get with Battlefield 4, and the fact I was running MSI afterburner, and when my PC crashed, I looked at what the CPU was going through while it happened, and well, the chart was through the roof. Take a look for yourself.

What do I do next? I am out of options.

post-80500-0-69878800-1407661701_thumb.p

post-80500-0-37937000-1407661706_thumb.p

post-80500-0-97190100-1407661713_thumb.p

post-80500-0-94665900-1407661721_thumb.p

>I have updated all GPU drivers.
Have you also tried completely reinstalling the GPU drivers?

Have you tested the ram?

Are you overclocking anything in your system? And if yes, have you tried using stock clocks instead?

Assuming all temps are just fine? Give your heatsinks a touch. Just to verify the sensors aren't just pulling the numbers out of their asses.

Might also wanna check the Event Viewer for possible errors. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-information-event-logs-event-viewer

And of course the most important question, describe what exactly happens when the computer crashes. Does the screen just turn black and the fans keep spinning? Does the computer reboot?

Uninstall and reinstall the latest drivers for your GPU. If the problem continues uninstall the drivers and install an older verison.

It's obviously a GPU problem so you've basically been RMAing PSUs for nothing.

Uninstall and reinstall the latest drivers for your GPU. If the problem continues uninstall the drivers and install an older verison.

It's obviously a GPU problem so you've basically been RMAing PSUs for nothing.

Strangely enough, they were reported faulty each time. Is it really for nothing?

I've already clean uninstalled, installed and uninstalled limitless amounts of drivers relating to the GPU, nothing ever changes.

What do you make of the crazy spikes of usage in the CPU regarding to the pictures I attatched?

What do you make of the crazy spikes of usage in the CPU regarding to the pictures I attatched?

Most likely just AVG eating resources as usual.

Most likely just AVG eating resources as usual.

Implying AVG is cause for crashing?

Implying AVG is cause for crashing?

Nah. Anti-virii are just like that. It probably noticed a nice new fat log file exactly describing what the fuck went wrong pop up somewhere and decided to scan it.

You know, you still haven't manage to further describe the crashes as I previously requested...

Strangely enough, they were reported faulty each time. Is it really for nothing?

I've already clean uninstalled, installed and uninstalled limitless amounts of drivers relating to the GPU, nothing ever changes.

Like raid said, it's just some programs munching away, most likely the anti virus.

Anyway, I find it hard to believe that you got 3 faulty PSUs in a row from Corsair.

The first pic tells us that it's a GPU problem. Try using the integrated graphics or another card you have lying around (or borrow a card form a friend) and see if it still happens. If it still happens with another GPU then it's more than likely a software problem.

I was having similar issues with BF4 and I used the crash fixes on this page http://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefield/comments/1q14u9/bf4_i_have_multiple_fixes_that_make_the_game_90/ and it fixed the problem for me, so you could give it a try might help.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

>I have updated all GPU drivers.

Have you also tried completely reinstalling the GPU drivers?

Have you tested the ram?

Are you overclocking anything in your system? And if yes, have you tried using stock clocks instead?

Assuming all temps are just fine? Give your heatsinks a touch. Just to verify the sensors aren't just pulling the numbers out of their asses.

Might also wanna check the Event Viewer for possible errors. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-information-event-logs-event-viewer

And of course the most important question, describe what exactly happens when the computer crashes. Does the screen just turn black and the fans keep spinning? Does the computer reboot?

I have updated all the GPU drivers.

I have done a clean install of said drivers, no change.

I do not know how to specifically test the RAM.

I have not OC'D

All temperatures are very good, the GPU does not pass 60 degrees, the CPU not 40.

The crash specification is this:

I will be on Black Flag for example, in the open sea. The screen will suddenly freeze, be it after 5 minutes or 4 hours, but as of recent it is happening a lot more often. It is unpredictable, yet mostly happens under high graphical loads, such as explosions and rainy storms. I have noticed that turning down the graphics prolongs the inevitable, yet obviously, it still crashes. All the while, the fans still spin, everything is on.

When the screen is frozen, I can return to task manager, returning me to a black desktop and attempt to close the programme, yet it simply will not.

The task bar is responsive, yet when the game is "minimized" all you can see is black, apart from the task bar below. When the mouse enters the black screen, it disappears, and nothing responds. The only escape from this state is to force restart the computer.

Sometimes, the screen will freeze, the screen will lose connection and turn black, you will hear the fans run faster, causing more noise for a moment, and then the screen will turn on again, viewing the unresponsive black desktop.

As for Battlefield 4, sometimes it crashes to desktop with the first picture I have posted, or it will freeze entirely, not even the task manager responds, and a force restart is necessary.

I have sent back 3 PSU's, all of which have been reported faulty, so I have bought an AX860 platimum PSU, I cannot imagine it is the PSU causing the issue, so I assume it's the graphics card, yet I have already sent the graphics card for an RMA, yet it was reported "not faulty"!

You can see why I am absolutely confused beyond reason, right? -.-

Nah. Anti-virii are just like that. It probably noticed a nice new fat log file exactly describing what the fuck went wrong pop up somewhere and decided to scan it.

You know, you still haven't manage to further describe the crashes as I previously requested...

I have given you the details. Check my new response.

-snip-

Well then, first off to test memory you can use a program like Memtest86+.  Either download an ISO from http://www.memtest.org/#downiso ,burn it to a CD and boot from it. Or download a package like Hiren's, put it on USB via one of the dozens USB boot stick utilities available online.

As for the actual issue, it's not a power supply issue. If it were, then the computer would either reboot or completely shutdown.

This particular problem causes software issues specifically. Most likely suspects are thus either ram and the GPU. What you're describing as the crash is caused by NVidia drivers basically just giving up. It has encountered a problem and, either tries to restart or gives up halfway through. This confuses the game you're playing whilst still, usually, causing Windows to stay somewhat functional.

Whether this be because of bad ram causing random data corruption in high-usage scenarios or your gpu being shit, is hard to say. Which is why I'd suggest to start by testing the ram.

If ram tests good, well, that pretty much singles out the only other suspect. Remember to let Memtest make several passes on your memory!

If you do need a tutorial on how to run Memtest86+, just ask.

Well then, first off to test memory you can use a program like Memtest86+.  Either download an ISO from http://www.memtest.org/#downiso ,burn it to a CD and boot from it. Or download a package like Hiren's, put it on USB via one of the dozens USB boot stick utilities available online.

As for the actual issue, it's not a power supply issue. If it were, then the computer would either reboot or completely shutdown.

This particular problem causes software issues specifically. Most likely suspects are thus either ram and the GPU. What you're describing as the crash is caused by NVidia drivers basically just giving up. It has encountered a problem and, either tries to restart or gives up halfway through. This confuses the game you're playing whilst still, usually, causing Windows to stay somewhat functional.

Whether this be because of bad ram causing random data corruption in high-usage scenarios or your gpu being shit, is hard to say. Which is why I'd suggest to start by testing the ram.

If ram tests good, well, that pretty much singles out the only other suspect. Remember to let Memtest make several passes on your memory!

Thank you for your help. I believe that it's definately the GPU, as I went into MSI Afterburner, I put up the clock speed +90, and now I am not crashing, at least for now, I am not sealing the deal yet, but it's certainly interesting to see such results.

I'll keep in touch.

It crashed again, I think I'm just going to replace the GPU with the MSI version, the windforce is obviously not working. I noticed a strange electronic sound on the demanding moments of my gameplay. The electrical sounds would stutter, and my screen would stutter in time to the sound. It is strange, but it has to be GPU related, looks like the only thing left to do is replace it.

RMA'ing is impossible as I bought it months ago and apparently it "isn't faulty" according to Scan computers.