Xbox One Lost About $400,000,000 in Gross Margins for Microsoft During Latest Fiscal Year

Xsilent(X)

xbox-one-logo-wallpaper-670x376.jpg?42e9

Microsoft posted its annual 10-K report (a document required by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, that gives a summary of a company’s finances for the year) for the fiscal year that ended on June 30th, giving an interesting bird-eye view on the costs related to the launch of Xbox One.

Computing and Gaming Hardware revenue increased $3.2 billion or 49%, primarily due to higher revenue from the Xbox Platform and Surface.
Xbox Platform revenue increased $1.7 billion or 34%, due mainly to sales of Xbox One
, which was released in November 2013, offset in part by a decrease in sales of Xbox 360. We sold 11.7 million Xbox consoles during fiscal year 2014 compared with 9.8 million Xbox consoles during fiscal year 2013. Surface revenue increased $1.3 billion or 157%, due mainly to a higher number of devices and accessories sold.

Computing and Gaming Hardware gross margin decreased slightly, due to a $3.2 billion or 59% increase in cost of revenue, offset in part by higher revenue.
X
box Platform cost of revenue increased $2.1 billion or 72%, due mainly to higher volumes of consoles sold and higher costs associated with Xbox One
Surface cost of revenue increased $970 million or 51%, due mainly to a higher number of devices and accessories sold, offset in part by a charge for Surface RT inventory adjustments of approximately $900 million in fiscal year 2013.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/08/08/xbox-one-lost-microsoft-400000000-during-last-fiscal-year/

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

What's sad about all of it is how little Microsoft cares about the losses in the Xbox division. So this won't even change anything, they'll just keep being Microsoft.

And that's why console is not dying I guess.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Serves them good. I hope there won't be another xbox and they'll focus fully on pc as they should have from the beginning.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

baa55df03342db29aea486974e8f6c3cb7322e6b

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Serves them good. I hope there won't be another xbox and they'll focus fully on pc as they should have from the beginning.

Meh.. You need competition period. Whether it be consoles, or PC's. No competition would just cause a stagnate market with over priced/out-dated hardware. Competition is what drives the developers to 1uP themselves.

With margins like that, calling them gross is a perfect adjective.

Yeah that's how consoles work. They take loses on the hardware to make the money up on software licensing. 

over priced/out-dated hardware

Current consoles in a nutshell. Pc gaming needs no external competition as there is no single manufacturer that dictates how pcs are made, their price and who can develop games for them. The ps4 already has a great opponent in pc gaming. The wii u does pretty much its own thing so it already has the monopoly in a sense, but nobody would buy it at a higher price because again, pc is a thing and although nintendo has epic exclusives there is a limit to what people will pay for them, especially considering that the wii u isn't very powerful.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

7pR8yk1.jpg

Eric S. Raymond used an E6600 from 2005 until 12/30/14 or open source software creation. Raw data computations in excess of 18GB each. Core 2 Duos still have tons of life left, my friend.

Hmmm I remember people calling my a stupid 12 year old after calling the xbone a failure, guess the joke's on them now.

Everyone knows the consoles aren't meant to profit - they make it all back in game sales anyway. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

They just lost 40,000,000 pizzas. 

image.w174h200f3.jpg

now i want pizza :(

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Everyone knows the consoles aren't meant to profit - they make it all back in game sales anyway. 

Their games sales figures aren't doing so well either. *cough* Ryse

Case:Define R4 | MOBO:ASRock z75 Pro 3 | CPU:i7-3770k 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler:H100i | GPU:970 Strix | RAM:Hyper X 16GB | 

Peripherals:ATH-M50x Limited Blue Edition | K95 RGB | M65 RGB | Blue Yeti MIC | (3x)1920x2080 Acer Monitors

Really, the only reason why I want an xbone is for forza. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x  GPU: ASUS Strix rtx 2080 Super RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 8gb x4 PSU: Corsair HX850i Motherboard: ASUS Strix x570-E Storage: Samsung 840 pro, Samsung 970 evo 1tb nvme, segate 2tb Case: NZXT H510I Cooling: Corsair h100i

i must admit when it comes to consoles i hate xbox the most for the pay for multiplayer bullshit

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

i must admit when it comes to consoles i hate xbox the most for the pay for multiplayer bullshit

Playstation does the same now. 

Playstation does the same now. 

Yes but i have the feeling that its because the xbox guys have been doing it for so long that sony thought it would be fine.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Meh.. You need competition period. Whether it be consoles, or PC's. No competition would just cause a stagnate market with over priced/out-dated hardware. Competition is what drives the developers to 1uP themselves.

Nothing like having them compete to make the best looking game on PC. That'll make Nvidia and AMD not pull BS like releasing "top tier" cards without the full gpu core.

Yes but i have the feeling that its because the xbox guys have been doing it for so long that sony thought it would be fine.

It's because they both host dedicated servers for games. And that costs money. 

It's because they both host dedicated servers for games. And that costs money. 

either way i hope steam or origin dont dare try that, it would suck big time.

Listen if you care.

Why, so they can bring all the bad decisions they made with XBox over to PC? Other than getting their act together with DX12, and making sure Windows remains game friendly, I want MS to stay out of the PC gaming market. Games for Windows Live was horrible.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

glorious_pc_gaming_master_race_by_sasuke

In all seriousness, SteamOS may put an end to the console craze.

i5 4670k (can OC to 4.4Ghz) - Hyper 212 evo w/ AC MX2 - XFX Radeon R9 280X8GB ADATA XPG V2 DDR3-1600 - MSI Z87 G41 - Corsair CX600M 600W PSU - 1TB HDD - 120GB SSD