EVGA K¦NP¦ 780Ti Or Asus Matrix 780Ti?

Recon97
Go to solution Solved by SpyRosL,

How ia this possible? Less price still more performance than a 780ti.Yes r9 290 in crossfire proves to be more powerful than a single 780ti.

You never mentioned anything about crossfire dude.. you just said a 290 is more powerful than the 780ti which is not true.

You can wait one more month can't you?I suggest you do.

If you want them now no matter what,i think 2 cards in SLI/CF would be better than one for 144hz monitor.

780(non ti) or 290.Your choice.I'd personally go for 2 780s

Eggs 780Ti is already superclocked and comes with 1.7Ghz speed while matrix One comes with 1.1Ghz.Which one is the best?.Does 600Mhz provides premium?

Kingping is not clocked at 1.7Ghz... :P

(It boosts to 1250Mhz)

I would suggest you to buy some normal 780TI unless you will do LN2 cooling =D

To answer you question directly the Kingpin will most likely beat the asus outta the ball part when considering OCing

Sapphire_R9_290_Vapor-X_TRI-X_4GB-2.jpg

R9 290 vapor-x. Much, MUCH better value than any 780ti and in fact you can get two of these in crossfire for more or less the price of the kingpin.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1.7 GHZ is the RAM speed, and FYI thats the same on the asus one

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

-snip-

R9 290 vapor-x. Much, MUCH better value than any 780ti and in fact you can get two of these in crossfire for more or less the price of the kingpin.

This card is so beast, and so sexy.

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

Either get what Sauren mentioned, as the Vapor-X 290x is amazing - or get a regular 780ti.

The kingpin won't be doing jack-shit on it's stock cooler any more than any other 780ti without some extreme measures taken.

Here's a thread dedicated to just that: http://www.overclock.net/t/1459307/official-evga-780-ti-classified-k-ngp-n-owners-club

Notice how any air speeds don't exceed any other 780ti. it does reach some impressive feats on water/LN2 though... l

Sapphire_R9_290_Vapor-X_TRI-X_4GB-2.jpg

I am not going for multiple display

Mmmm... okay.

I would say 3D gaming died in 2011 but that would imply it ever began. There are no current 3D games on the market fyi.   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_stereoscopic_video_games
Also AMD isn't "stupid ass" if you feel that way, perhaps you should sign up for a more biased website. Nvidia.com comes to mind.

I see you edited your post to cut out that silly non-sense, my above post still applies, however.

Mmmm... okay.

I would say 3D gaming died in 2011 but that would imply it ever began. There are no current 3D games on the market fyi. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_stereoscopic_video_games

Also AMD isn't "stupid ass" if you feel that way, perhaps you should sign up for a more biased website. Nvidia.com comes to mind.

I see you edited your post to cut out that silly non-sense, my above post still applies, however.

So 3D gaming died.Don't know where to put nearly 514$ now.4 1080p monitors?.Seriously I dont like the way multiple monitors are connected.They still have side plastics showing up.

So 3D gaming died.Don't know where to put nearly 514$ now.4 1080p monitors?.Seriously I dont like the way multiple monitors are connected.They still have side plastics showing up.

Duel-GPUs are not necessarily ment for multiple displays, they combine power to output better FPS. 2 cards in one Pc can still be used for one display- you don't have to go that route though.

Traditionally, people want better GPUs to display better grapics and higher resolutions. If you are getting a 780ti, then "2.5k" aka, 1440p monitors would be a nice fit for it. They look much more sharp than a 1080 display.

Or, you can stick with your current display and just crank the graphics to "ultra" and call it a day.

Duel-GPUs are not necessarily ment for multiple displays, they combine power to output better FPS. 2 cards in one Pc can still be used for one display- you don't have to go that route though.

Traditionally, people want better GPUs to display better grapics and higher resolutions. If you are getting a 780ti, then "2.5k" aka, 1440p monitors would be a nice fit for it. They look much more sharp than a 1080 display.

Or, you can stick with your current display and just crank the graphics to "ultra" and call it a day.

So what do you think of the fps I might get on dual r9 290x vapour in bf4 and other latest games?

Do I really have to wait 1 hour for 1 or 2 replies?

I have seen vids on youtube regarding 780ti on 1440p.I guess min is 40 and max is 80.Thats bad.

Recon97

What resolution are you playing?

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

Recon97

What resolution are you playing?

Necakron proposed that I should go for 1440p so I am kind of considering it.I want 105+ FPS.

Necakron proposed that I should go for 1440p so I am kind of considering it.I want 105+ FPS.

105 is a weird number lol.

Okay,then you should go with the only available >60hz 1440p display which is the rog swift.

that means you want nvidia because of the g-sync and one 780ti ain't gonna cut it.

If you gots the money, you should go with 2x 780tis.

Stay away for kingpin because it only shines in LN2 cooling therefore is a waste of money.

Asus DCUii or EVGA ACX are both stellar choices.

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

105 is a weird number lol.

Okay,then you should go with the only available >60hz 1440p display which is the rog swift.

that means you want nvidia because of the g-sync and one 780ti ain't gonna cut it.

If you gots the money, you should go with 2x 780tis.

Stay away for kingpin because it only shines in LN2 cooling therefore is a waste of money.

Asus DCUii or EVGA ACX are both stellar choices.

I think I will stick with 1080p and make my day.1440p is too costly.Even a single 780ti can give 115+ FPS in bf4 ultra 4x msa.When I go for dual 780ti the price hits upto 2900$ which is nearly to the end of my budgets road.

Does MSI or Asus 780ti models have a "gefore Gtx" shining logo?

I think I will stick with 1080p and make my day.1440p is too costly.Even a single 780ti can give 115+ FPS in bf4 ultra 4x msa.When I go for dual 780ti the price hits upto 2900$ which is nearly to the end of my budgets road.

Well,you should at least get a 120/144hz one because 780ti can deliver that fps and it would be kinda wasted on a 60hz 1080p panel.

Does MSI or Asus 780ti models have a "gefore Gtx" shining logo?

Nope. Only reference designs.

Well,you should at least get a 120/144hz one because 780ti can deliver that fps and it would be kinda wasted on a 60hz 1080p panel.

Nope. Only reference designs.

Reference designs do not have additional fans on it.So if I buy a fans bracket for it from nzxt will that logo stay visible?.Or is there anyway for water cool the gpu with aio cooler?

Reference designs do not have additional fans on it.So if I buy a fans bracket for it from nzxt will that logo stay visible?

Nope,the kraken G10 requires the whole shroud to be taken away.

Nope,the kraken G10 requires the whole shroud to be taken away.

Then what would I do to make it stay visible?the reference models do not even come factory superclocked. :(

I am not going for multiple display

Then no reason to get a 780ti over the 290.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Then no reason to get a 780ti over the 290.

People say that 780Ti is still a beast.Personally I like 780Ti.