AMD FX-8320 || 5.0GHz OC?

Hi guys,

I've had my AMD cpu for a few months now.

I'm now wanting to over clock, properly.

I have got it to 5.1GHz before, but that was by accident with a OC autoroll, I was testing 4.0GHz,

got side tracked and next thing it's roaring like a jet and rocken 5.1 on the stock cooler. (I know, pleb like act >_<)

So my inquiry, is there a closed loop water cooling set up that could sustain 5.0GHz or higher?

I don't have the time or money to try out custom loop.

I also know that it can be sustained at it, because the FX-8320, 8350, 9370 & 9590 are all virtually the same Vishira chips just each one clocked higher.

So yeah, Which closed loop do you guys recomend?

Cheers,

Forgot to mention,

When I got it to 5.1GHz, It blue screened and I thought I cooked the MoBo, All I had had to do was reset the cmos.

I've seen 8350 I believe at almost 5GHz with a H100.

I think that for 5GHz, if you've got a good chip, you're going to need something like a Corsair H110, H105, NZXT Kraken X61, Swiftech H220X (pretty much the best AIO liquid cooler), etc.

If it's not necessary to get a liquid cooler, you could get the Noctua NH-D15. It's pretty much the best performing air cooler on the market right now, but it's quite big. And by quite big I mean really big.

Also, what motherboard do you have? 

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Forgot to mention,

When I got it to 5.1GHz, It blue screened and I thought I cooked the MoBo, All I had had to do was reset the cmos.

the 8320 is a lower binned 8350, and is generally a worse overclocker

4.4/4.5ghz would be reachable with a good cooler like the Noctua D15, h100i or swiftech h220

You have to be very lucky in the silicon lottery to get 5ghz, or at least get a boss motherboard and custom loop to handle the heat and voltages

Not really worth it IMO

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

5ghz you saw was not stable and probably never will be, get a decent air cooler or a corsair H100i and you will be able to see 4.5 if the chip is good.

Cheers people,

The mobo I have at this point in time is the ASRock Extreme3 990FX

I know it's not a great mobo, but I'm fairly suitain from what I've seen so far as long as I get cooling sorted it should reach 5.0

Some promosing sugestions guys, I wont go with air cooling for this build. I want to leave my options open becasue a lot of cases I've seen don't support a lot of large air coolers because of height issues.

99% sure 5ghz was 0% stable

definitely not a 24/7 thing on that board with the kind of voltages you'd need.

you're going to want to bin this thing properly before you throw money at it