Bang for the Bucks. GTX 780 or GTX 780 Ti, is it worth it?

Guys what do you think is (well) bang for the bucks in this 2 Nvidia cards? 
GTX 780 or GTX 780 Ti? I saw some reviews that that 780 Ti is only within a slightly improvement than the GTX 780 and for the price point it's kinda ridiculously questionable & confusing.
In that so I wanna know some of your opinions and the some of you owned this two specifically GPU cards.
So is worth that the GTX 780 Ti for almost plus $200 price over the GTX 780?

EDIT:
Forgot to mention that it's for gaming in 1080p or in the future 4k. 
I already thought of the AMD cards but I'am much preferred the NVIDIA cards. 

R9 290x for bang for buck if you want amd but for nvidia then gtx 780 ti if have budget isn't your concern.

Guys what do you think is (well) bang for the bucks in this 2 Nvidia cards? 

GTX 780 or GTX 780 Ti? I saw some reviews that that 780 Ti is only within a slightly improvement than the GTX 780 and for the price point it's kinda ridiculously questionable & confusing.

In that so I wanna know some of your opinions and the some of you owned this two specifically GPU cards.

So is worth that the GTX 780 Ti for almost plus $200 price over the GTX 780?

Why does everyone post these kinds of question and never tell us what they intend to run on them?

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

- Stefani Stilton (she / her) 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

In games, you'll see about 15% higher performance on the 780ti

whether or not that's worth it is really up to you

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

-snip

Bang for the buck doesn't come with a GeForce logo >.<

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

The R9 290 is a better choice than both, however if you MUST go nvidia get the 780. Stay away from the 780ti, it is in no way worth so much more money.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Why does everyone post these kinds of question and never tell us what they intend to run on them?

There I edited it for you, sorry that I forgot to mention it for Gaming.

There I edited it for you, sorry that I forgot to mention it for Gaming.

Thanks, sorry I was a bit rude in my post, I've just become a bit more tired with every post like that. Anyways for 1080p gaming getting the 780 is well worth it over the 780Ti even Crysis 3 can run really well on it, of course the Ti variant can truly max out Crysis 3 but the thing is not every game is Crysis 3 and even then Crysis 3 runs pretty near max with smooth frames. It isn't until 4k you start to see any real disparity between SLI 780s and SLI 780Ti, oh and you won't have a fun time running 4k on a single GPU version of any current card by all companies. I'm just glad you posted you have your reasons for choosing Nvidia cards cause honestly I'm also tired of writing really long posts about their respective and unbiased differences. 

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

Quit saying he should get the 290 or 290x, that wasn't his question.

I'd suggest going with the 780, or wait a month or two for the 880

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Thanks, sorry I was a bit rude in my post, I've just become a bit more tired with every post like that. Anyways for 1080p gaming getting the 780 is well worth it over the 780Ti even Crysis 3 can run really well on it, of course the Ti variant can truly max out Crysis 3 but the thing is not every game is Crysis 3 and even then Crysis 3 runs pretty near max with smooth frames. It isn't until 4k you start to see any real disparity between SLI 780s and SLI 780Ti, oh and you won't have a fun time running 4k on a single GPU version of any current card by all companies. I'm just glad you posted you have your reasons for choosing Nvidia cards cause honestly I'm also tired of writing really long posts about their respective and unbiased differences. 

It's ok dude, it's my fault that I forgot to mention my purpose. 

Also I'm planning to SLI them in future If I had a chance to get a 4k monitor. As for the non-reference design I'll be getting the Asus DCU2 OC of them simply in here Asus cards are quite the easy one to get compare to Gigabyte and EVGA thus which is slightly more expensive.

Quit saying he should get the 290 or 290x, that wasn't his question.

I'd suggest going with the 780, or wait a month or two for the 880

I don't know why they saying the 290 or 290x when my choices is GTX 780 or 780 Ti.

I've been thinking of waiting for GTX 880 but I don't know if it's worth it waiting for it, but let me see If I can wait for them, cause I'm planning to buy the GPU near next month or so. Also I'm expecting a price down for the GTX 780's.

It's ok dude, it's my fault that I forgot to mention my purpose. 

Also I'm planning to SLI them in future If I had a chance to get a 4k monitor. As for the non-reference design I'll be getting the Asus DCU2 OC of them simply in here Asus cards are quite the easy one to get compare to Gigabyte and EVGA thus which is slightly more expensive.

I don't know why they saying the 290 or 290x when my choices is GTX 780 or 780 Ti.

I've been thinking of waiting for GTX 880 but I don't know if it's worth it waiting for it, but let me see If I can wait for them, cause I'm planning to buy the GPU near next month or so. Also I'm expecting a price down for the GTX 780's.

There's just so many rumors on the 880 and the uncertainty is so great it'd be too unpredictable. If your need the GPUs right that moment next month you should just go ahead with the current GPUs if the uncertainty is just the same. Honestly EVGA is the best when talking about Nvidia cards and the pricing isn't that far off. By the way here's Linus' experience with 4k gaming on SLI 780 Ti. There's a table of contents there, I'd recommend taking a glance at his reasoning for the GPUs then going straight towards the short benchmarks.

There's just so many rumors on the 880 and the uncertainty is so great it'd be too unpredictable. If your need the GPUs right that moment next month you should just go ahead with the current GPUs if the uncertainty is just the same. Honestly EVGA is the best when talking about Nvidia cards and the pricing isn't that far off. By the way here's Linus' experience with 4k gaming on SLI 780 Ti. There's a table of contents there, I'd recommend taking a glance at his reasoning for the GPUs then going straight towards the short benchmarks.

Thanks. It's just that I'm confused within this two cards. 

yeah I know EVGA is best but what I said earlier it's kinda hard to buy it here, Asus are the ones easy to have.

Well 290x for 4k, titan black for 4k

780 for 1080p

780 TI would be recommended for 1440p you could run a 780 on 1440p tho

Emmh... Maybe consider killing yourself before you talk to me?

Pople on this forum though some of them had a brain, turns out, no.

I debated on getting a 780 for a long time. I had GTX460s in SLI. Here's the thing that always got me, why would I want a card that's lock up, meaning not all the cuda cores unlock. I wanted the whole chip or nothing. I felt like I'd be getting ripped off. So I was gonna settle for the 770, cuz it the best 680 you can get basically. When it came down to it, I just got the 780Ti, and I'm glad I spent the extra 200. Ya, I spent 700 on a video card, whatever, It plays EVERY! game ultra with every little add graphics option on in every game I have with one card. 3gb is plenty too. I don't own Watch Dogs. COH2 uses 3gb exactly, leaving 72mb to spare lol. Other than that, only BF4 uses the most VRam, 2100 or so. I play in 1080p on a single monitor aswell. I will speculate, games are gonna need more that 3gb of Vram soon, and sooner than later I think, but for now, I can't complain. I wont be getting a 8 series. Pretty much pointless for me. If I need more Vram, I'll just pull the plug on a Titan Black. Anyways, just my 2c..

I would do gtx 780 the 6gb version if you want to go 4k in the future the r9 290 would be better for 4k but if you want to go team green 780 6gb version would be the best for the mony right now and sli should give you playable 4k framrates not maxed out though on medium or hig

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

780 then SLI it later on.

CPU: AMD 5950X    MB: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero    RAM: HyperX Predator 64GB    GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti FE    SSD: Seagate FireCuda 530 2TB    
PSU: EVGA 1200w P2    COOLING: EK AIO Elite 360    CASE: Fractal Design Torrent 
   DISPLAY: LG CX48 4k OLED    AUDIO: HIFIMAN Arya SE