How to Start a Successful Forum?

Guest Philosophy

Hello All, 

I am starting a forum for a particular car (Chevrolet Lumina). I was wonder how to get it started and get people to check it out. I am very educated on Chevys' and Luminas in general. The forum is to help people who mod cars. What would you recommend I do to get it off its feet? 

A forum for Chevy Lumina enthusiast isn't gonna really attract anyone tbh. There's already alot of different car forums.

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

This is a tech website, not a car website. 

This is off topic and what my forum topic is, tis be unrelated to the question. 

I don't think you want to spend thousands of dollars just to start a small forum.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

well look, if you can find a couple hundred people who will put aside several minutes every day to talk about a single car that isn't necessarily special in any way, then your forum might work. But I can't see that happening. But I may be wrong

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

I don't think you want to spend thousands of dollars just to start a small forum.

I don't. There must be other ways. 

well look, if you can find a couple hundred people who will put aside several minutes every day to talk about a single car that isn't necessarily special in any way, then your forum might work. But I can't see that happening. But I may be wrong

I know quite a few other people who would join. I need to know how to make a good forum and what I can do to be active. 

First you want to make sure there is not forum servicing this community already.

Then personally I would start by pre-compiling information for several threads/catigories so there is something for people to star talking about. ( if you get information from collections of other forums say so in your list sources be open about your where you get information) You cant be the one source of content for that subject, but with some work you can probably make it a one stop shop for others interested in it. that will drive membership and eventually Original content.

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

This is off topic and what my forum topic is, tis be unrelated to the question. 

NOT EVERYBODY IS GOING BE INTERESTED ON ONE CAR, YOU WOULD BETTER OF STARTING A TOP GEAR FORUM.

First you want to make sure there is not forum servicing this community already.

Then personally I would start by pre-compiling information for several threads/catigories so there is something for people to star talking about. ( if you get information from collections of other forums say so in your list sources be open about your where you get information) You cant be the one source of content for that subject, but with some work you can probably make it a one stop shop for others interested in it. that will drive membership and eventually Original content.

I'm fairly certain there are Chevy/GM forums for this. No need to make a new one. Just google chevy forums

Edit: (as a car person) who in the hell mods a lumina anyways?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Step 1 : Do not ask another forum on how start a forum

Step 2 : ??????

Step 3 : Profit!!!!!

"Nope, said the engineer"

NOT EVERYBODY IS GOING BE INTERESTED ON ONE CAR, YOU WOULD BETTER OF STARTING A TOP GEAR FORUM.

I understand and agree not to many people will be interested in one car, although I am. I am not looking for someone to tell me what to do. Just for someone like Gz to help. @GzeroD your info was very helpful. I get most of my information for the encyclopedia of cars and Luminma Collectors in my area. 

I'm fairly certain there are Chevy/GM forums for this. No need to make a new one. Just google chevy forums

Edit: (as a car person) who in the hell mods a lumina anyways?

There is one forum I have found, W-Body forum similar and it is not the same, and not very active.  and I and some friends all do. 

I understand and agree not to many people will be interested in one car, although I am. I am not looking for someone to tell me what to do. Just for someone like Gz to help. @GzeroD your info was very helpful. I get most of my information for the encyclopedia of cars and Luminma Collectors in my area. 

You would be better to go to a gm or another car forum and start a topic about the Luminma.

You would be better to go to a gm or another car forum and start a topic about the Luminma.

I am not asksing you what to do. So stop.