[VideoCardZ] Gigabyte to launch GeForce GTX 800 series G1 Gaming in September?

Maybe 10% better at the most it is Maxwell but it's not 20nm according to sources that is when we see the "real" 800 series.

10% better at least. get you facts straight. Maxwell will proobably be within a 10-20gb's of the stock 780's bandwidth... Will probably be around 20% better than a 780ti considering this is GM204. 2nd generation maxwell. instead of first gen in the 750ti

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Yes, but keep in mind that the low performance of the 7970 caused Nvidia to put the GK104 in the 680 instead of the 660, which made them wait for the 780 to use the GK110 instead of putting it in the 680. Plus, everything in the 700 series below the 780 are just rebranded 600 series cards. 

Still, the rumors I have heard have stated that the 880 will be in between the 780 and 780ti, but at a much lower cost. Cause you know, thats so much easier than just lowering the freaking prices 700 series chips to compete with AMD. 

Seriously though, if Nvidia released a card like the 860 for around $250 that was faster than a 780ti AMD would be wrecked and the card would sell like hot cakes. Yes the profit margin would be smaller per card, but they would still make more money overall through massive sale numbers. That is assuming they could actually keep up with demand on the manufacturing side of things (looking at you One Plus One with your stupid invite system, why don't you just ramp up production already since clearly the demand is through the roof).

That was originally going to happen to happen if 20nm didn't get in the way. 3200cuda core 880, 2560cuda core 870, 2048-2176core 860ti.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

10% better at least. get you facts straight. Maxwell will proobably be within a 10-20gb's of the stock 780's bandwidth... Will probably be around 20% better than a 780ti considering this is GM204. 2nd generation maxwell. instead of first gen in the 750ti

Yeah... but this is not the real maxwell powerhouses... those are due mid 2015 20nm is not ready yet.

Yeah... but this is not the real maxwell powerhouses... those are due mid 2015 20nm is not ready yet.

2560 maxwell cores equal 3456 kepler cores... nvidia would have to mess up something real bad in order to get within 10% of a 780ti.

Computing enthusiast. 

2560 maxwell cores equal 3456 kepler cores... nvidia would have to mess up something real bad in order to get within 10% of a 780ti.

All rumours nothing is actually legit even this there is no official word just a wall of text.

All rumours nothing is actually legit even this there is no official word just a wall of text.

everything else would just be a waste of time in quadro and tesla! 

Computing enthusiast.