Eizo FS EV2736W, fast enough for gaming?

GranbarrQ

I am looking to replace my old 22" TN monitor with something better and ended up looking into the 27" IPS 1440p segment. The reason I'm quite sceptical towards the more common Dell and Asus monitors are that there seam to be a lot of quality control issues on these models with people complaining about a lot of backlight bleed and uneven colours. Companies like Eizo or NEC on the other hand look like they don't have as much issues with this on their models, so I ended up looking at screens like the EV2736W.

I know this screen is not intended for gaming but, on the other hand, neither are the Dell u2711.

The specs seem quite satisfying, with a response time of 6 ms, although I know that number don't actually mean that much, and I have not found much about input lag... : /

So, is this a viable option for a gaming screen, or are there any better alternatives? : ]

Eizo and NEC are some of the best display companies out there, but generally are much more expensive than the alternatives. If you are willing to drop $1,200+ on a 27" 1440p monitor, I'd heavily consider the NEC PA27 and the Flexscan, but there are also great PLS monitors that can be had for cheaper (Samsung S27B970D, Asus PB278Q).

Speaking from experience, owning high-end Dell, HP, Samsung, Asus, and Korean monitors, that the Samsung S27B970D is by far the best monitor I've ever had the pleasure of owning.

When you have massive production of anything you are bound to have manufacture error that leaks out.

Yuo don't have that with EIZO or professional grade NEC monitors as you pay the hefty premium.

Non-uniform back light is common on 100%.. yes 100% of Consumer grade monitors. There is not a single consumer grade monitor that has uniform back light. This feature is very costly. Hence why your EIZO wasn't cheap either, same for professional grade monitors.

Dell U2711 is not game oriented, same for any IPS panels. But the monitor does feature a game mode which switch off the color processor toreduce input lag, and the monitor is focused more over performance over pin point color accuracy. While EIZO monitor is focused on everything on pin point color accuracy. So that the monitor is able to deliver the correct colors based on your color calibrator. The Dell monitor that features pre-color calibrated profiles, is not aimed at professionals, but rather consumer.. this is useless feature for professionals, as for one they already have a color calibrator, two, over time the panel and back light wear out, altering colors. This is not visible to anyone of us, but for professionals who require pin point color accuracy, it's critical of their work, else their end result end up looking unprofessional, and sloppy.