LTT BOINC Team Crosses 1,000,000,000 Credits!

Just FYI: Tagging somebody multiple times in one post will only result

in one notification. By "once" I meant that he had already been tagged

above, so there was no need to keep tagging him. ;)

Oh. So I guess the repetitive tagging was just for nothing?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Poor slick.

Also, wow, running only at night the past two days... only 16k? Is that about right for a Dual Core Celeron and a GTX 660 Ti? I used to get 150k I thought with the i5 and same video card.

[TRUENO] i7 4770k (~4.4Ghz, 1.28v) || Thermalright Macho 120 || Asus Z87 Gryphon || 2x8Gb Mushkin Blackline|| Reference NVIDIA GTX770 || Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB || 2x3TB WD HDD || Corsair 350D || Corsair RM750

Also, wow, running only at night the past two days... only 16k? Is that about right for a Dual Core Celeron and a GTX 660 Ti? I used to get 150k I thought with the i5 and same video card.

Did you run 24/7 before and have just now switched to night-only?

It could be that you're no longer getting bonus credits for fast

delivery of results. Or, there has been a project update and now

your GPU is no longer as suited as it used to be. Difficult to tell

TBH.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Now, if only Linus could get all of the forum members mining bitcoins to pay for AC installation and running costs lol

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Now, if only Linus could get all of the forum members mining bitcoins to pay for AC installation and running costs lol

Hehe, I'm not really up to date on mining, but last I heard it

wasn't really profitable anymore with GPUs? Anyway, I'd rather

do science with my computing power. ;)

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Hehe, I'm not really up to date on mining, but last I heard it

wasn't really profitable anymore with GPUs? Anyway, I'd rather

do science with my computing power. ;)

Ok, so we just need to find a way to collectively compute our way into building a deathstar somehow. Only instead of a superlaser it would just project a giant holographic Corsair logo.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Unless he kept ignoring it, which I hope was not the case :D

Did you run 24/7 before and have just now switched to night-only?

It could be that you're no longer getting bonus credits for fast

delivery of results. Or, there has been a project update and now

your GPU is no longer as suited as it used to be. Difficult to tell

TBH.

I did run 24/7, and I've updated software as much as I could. It's just possible that my heap is getting old and inflation makes it not beneficial.

[TRUENO] i7 4770k (~4.4Ghz, 1.28v) || Thermalright Macho 120 || Asus Z87 Gryphon || 2x8Gb Mushkin Blackline|| Reference NVIDIA GTX770 || Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB || 2x3TB WD HDD || Corsair 350D || Corsair RM750

Ok, so we just need to find a way to collectively compute our way into building a deathstar somehow. Only instead of a superlaser it would just project a giant holographic Corsair logo.

Hm... *evil beard stroking* :D

Unless he kept ignoring it, which I hope was not the case :D

Nah, he's usually pretty dutiful with that kind of stuff. :)

I did run 24/7, and I've updated software as much as I could. It's just possible that my heap is getting old and inflation makes it not beneficial.

Yeah, could be. The combined effect of no longer running 24/7 (therefore

probably much less bonus credits) and the equipment getting older might

add up to quite a difference.