LTT BOINC Team Crosses 1,000,000,000 Credits!

Yeah I've been considering that. I haven't really gotten around

to tinkering with the hardware yet though, and at the moment I don't

have the time to delve into it. But the idea does have potential.

i got my 3570k undervolted and overclocked for daily use. teehee

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Indeed. :D

Still, 120 C is really hot. But yeah, 100 W do need to go somewhere,

need a decent heatsink to keep that cool if you have it running at full

throttle. Good thing my 130 W babies are under water (and they can

consume a lot more when overvolted, which I haven't done yet).

It's a pretty big 120M tower cooler. I don't think it's on the CPU even, considering it doesn't require a backplate.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

i got my 3570k undervolted and overclocked for daily use. teehee

daily use is one thing but i wonder how stable that thing would be running on 100% 24/7, if it's a server i wouldn't even risk it going unstable once a week or a month for that matter.

finally manage to set everything back up and running again now getting 200k-250k points a day I probably can get up to 300K with some driver tweaks 

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

finally manage to set everything back up and running again now getting 200k-250k points a day I probably can get up to 300K with some driver tweaks

Excellent! :D

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

What the hell? I only get like 5K a day, but probably because I don't do it in the day.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

What the hell? I only get like 5K a day, but probably because I don't do it in the day.

GPU projects with a powerful GPU net a ridiculous amount of

credits compared to CPU projects or GPU projects with older

GPUs.

As an example, you can check out my stats page for the different

projects I'm running here.

Although I'm running twelve full cores, less than 8% of my credits

come from CPU projects, GPUGrid on my Titan has generated more than

92% of my credits. Which I honestly find a bit ridiculous, but such

is life. AFAIK, this is similar for other GPU projects.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Good Job team , Congratulations.. B)

Details separate people.

GPU projects with a powerful GPU net a ridiculous amount of

credits compared to CPU projects or GPU projects with older

GPUs.

As an example, you can check out my stats page for the different

projects I'm running here.

Although I'm running twelve full cores, less than 8% of my credits

come from CPU projects, GPUGrid on my Titan has generated more than

92% of my credits. Which I honestly find a bit ridiculous, but such

is life. AFAIK, this is similar for other GPU projects.

Aw man, using a GT610 for the job was a super bad idea.

Good Job team , Congratulations.. B)

Yay! :D

Aw man, using a GT610 for the job was a super bad idea.

Haha, not bad per se, but yes, it's not likely to get you tons of

credits. Certain GPU projects are quite particular about preferring

powerful GPUs, and give you fat bonus credits for finishing work

quickly (I think GPUGrid has a 24-hour deadline for the fattest

bonus credits, or at least it did last I checked a few months ago).

look out for cheap 280s and 290s ,they get around 600K-1M a day using distrrtgen (when project pool is actually providing you openCL work constantly without crashing)

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

look out for cheap 280s and 290s ,they get around 600K-1M a day using distrrtgen (when project pool is actually providing you openCL work constantly without crashing)

Hmm, maybe I can also game with one of those. At least it would be better than this.

I bet your arse this is going on WAN show

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

that would be nice, haven't watched the last few thoroughly due to simply not having the time, but there haven't been many shoutouts for the boinc/folding teams lately, probably mostly due to the fact that not alot has been happening, this would be a nice opportunity, usually see a few people joining after a wanshow.  

that would be nice, haven't watched the last few thoroughly due to simply not having the time, but there haven't been many shoutouts for the boinc/folding teams lately, probably mostly due to the fact that not alot has been happening, this would be a nice opportunity, usually see a few people joining after a wanshow.

Yeah, I wouldn't be against that, @Slick. *hinthint* ;)

@Slick, if you're reading this,

FEATURE THIS ON THE WAN SHOW THIS WEEK, SINCE LINUS ISN'T HERE.

Congratulations team!

James here, sorry I haven't been BOINCing lately. Summer, electric bills, and computer partial failure have all caused me to quit BOINC for a while, though right now I'm running it at night to help the team get some extra points. I've gone through a 3570K, 2120, and lost a 2700k in the mail so currently running a Celeron G1820 on a half-fried Asrock H81 BTC board until I can get a 1155 CPU. The trusty GTX 660 Ti is chugging along smoothly though!

[TRUENO] i7 4770k (~4.4Ghz, 1.28v) || Thermalright Macho 120 || Asus Z87 Gryphon || 2x8Gb Mushkin Blackline|| Reference NVIDIA GTX770 || Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB || 2x3TB WD HDD || Corsair 350D || Corsair RM750

Congrats team!!

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Congratulations team!

James here, sorry I haven't been BOINCing lately. Summer, electric bills, and computer partial failure have all caused me to quit BOINC for a while, though right now I'm running it at night to help the team get some extra points. I've gone through a 3570K, 2120, and lost a 2700k in the mail so currently running a Celeron G1820 on a half-fried Asrock H81 BTC board until I can get a 1155 CPU. The trusty GTX 660 Ti is chugging along smoothly though!

I feel your pain, I just recently calculated that my rig running at full

throttle costs me about 2.19 USD per day. Which adds up over an entire

year. And indeed, 550 W being pumped into one's room in summer is rather

noticeable.

We all do what we can, that's what matters. :)

Congrats team!!

Thanks! :)

I feel your pain, I just recently calculated that my rig running at full

throttle costs me about 2.19 USD per day. Which adds up over an entire

year. And indeed, 550 W being pumped into one's room in summer is rather

noticeable.

We all do what we can, that's what matters. :)

Thanks! :)

Did you read my notice?

Did you read my notice?

You mean the one with the big red letters? Yes terry, I saw it, no worries. ;)

You mean the one with the big red letters? Yes terry, I saw it, no worries. ;)

Well, then. We deserve some attention. @Slick 

Well, then. We deserve some attention.

My friend, we had his attention when I tagged him up above, no need

to spam the poor man. Once per subject is enough please.

My friend, we had his attention when I tagged him up above, no need

to spam the poor man. Once per subject is enough please.

Sure. :D 

Sure. :D

Just FYI: Tagging somebody multiple times in one post will only result

in one notification. By "once" I meant that he had already been tagged

above, so there was no need to keep tagging him. ;)