What Would You Do With $10 Trillion? (WAN SHOW INSPIRED)

TTesla

my plan only needs one million MUAHAHAHAHA the rest of that money well I have no idea

Wow you are quite the planner then.

Double check everything, I am usually wrong.

buy "linus media group"

IF they let you.

ten trillion dollars is enough to nearly end world hunger

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

Wow you are quite the planner then.

the rest of the plan is to get rid of environmentalists but place strict regulations on co2 and invest heavily in artificial o2 generation that way we dont need no greenery the world will be one giant city and to see nature you can use vr equipment

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

the rest of the plan is to get rid of environmentalists but place strict regulations on co2 and invest heavily in artificial o2 generation that way we dont need no greenery the world will be one giant city and to see nature you can use vr equipment

That is a very extremist plan.

I'd buy Linus an A/C unit..

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

That is a very extremist plan.

there would still be greenery but in the form of vertical farms

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Well the world economy is worth around 3000 trillion. The US debt alone is at 17-18 trillion. It shouldn't be that bad, or at least let's assume it wouldn't.

Where did you get that figure from?

GWP is estimated to be around $85 trillion, not $3 quadrillion. You would literally own about an 1/8th of the world economy which would need a lot more than a bank to protect.

I think what you are thinking of is an estimate of the value of all the Earths resources based on current markets, which in itself is a bit of a joke.

Sorry to put a downer on the whole thing again, but if you just wanted to hear peoples fancy shopping lists 500 billion probably would have done the job. I actually thought it was a lot more fun to answer this question seriously.

He would not pay the electricity for it...............

Damn it Linus.

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

Where did you get that figure from?

GWP is estimated to be around $85 trillion, not 3 quadrillion. You would literally own about an 1/8th of the world economy which would need a lot more than a bank to protect.

I think what you are thinking of is an estimate of the value of all the Earths resources based on current markets, which in itself is a bit of a joke.

Sorry to put a downer on the whole thing again, but if you just wanted to hear peoples fancy shopping lists 500 billion probably would have done the job. I actually thought it was a lot more fun to answer this question seriously.

That is the approx value of all world assets.

That is the approx value of all world assets.

Is it?

Have you got a source for that?

Is it?

Have you got a source for that?

I just googled it and I do not remember. It is not important nor relevant to the question. If you like realism then go ahead spend a hour or two researching it.

I just googled it and I do not remember. It is not important nor relevant to the question. If you like realism then go ahead spend a hour or two researching it.

I'm highly confident that you are wrong, even factoring in privately owned assets I don't even think you would touch more than a few hundred trillion, it's pretty much impossible to calculate that though. Calculating the entire value of all the worlds resources would probably be a lot easier and I think that's where you are getting that figure from, but still a very difficult task and a very rough estimate at best based on current markets, but you have to consider what would happen to the economy if all the resources were to be mined up, processed and introduced to the economy.

It's just not possible for one person to possess $10 trillion, well in currency anyway.

If you want this to be some sort of hypothetical shopping list of things I would like to do if I had the resources, top of my list would probably be water. Water is the beginnings of agriculture which is how most countries develop so figuring out ways to provide that to all the places that need it and give everyone a fighting chance. It can be controversial though as turning the world into a giant farm would solve world hunger but pretty much destroy most of the landscape.

Another one that is a little bit silly is improving the roads between Europe and Asia and creating that tunnel crossing under the Bering Strait that China has been talking about and also using that to provide a better global network to replace the transatlantic cables we have now. Everyone could just 'tap' into this central ring.

Space exploration is obviously high on my list and a lot of other peoples, but I think scientific knowledge is the limitation here not resources.

The thing is that all this is possible now, but we just don't have the co-ordination to all pull together. I think the obvious recent improvements in communication will now help this, but at some stage we will have to diverge from this train wreck of an economic model, that's why I thought it would be interesting to take your question seriously, because it raises a lot of proper economic, philosophic and social questions. The ones we should be asking.

I'd start my own country. Possibly on a tropical Island, limit our population to a couple million habitats at the most and use the money to kick it off as a Communist Utopia. 

-------

Current Rig

-------

I would buy Apple, and EA then close them down.

Lmao so you're going to buy one of the largest tech companies, and one of the largest game publishers in the world, and fire hundreds of thousands of people? Well done ;)

However, if you had said you would close down the companies and give every single employee either 1. A years worth of wages, or 2. Get them equally well paying jobs elsewhere, then I'd be on board.

I'd say buying those companies and then restructuring them to have a bigger focus on consumer rights and in EA's case, proper PC gaming, then that'd be sweet.

Realistically though, $10 Trillion is an unfathomable amount of money for a person. You literally couldn't spend it all unless you just gave it all away to charities or something.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Pay off the United States national debt???

Oh wait, I'd be short by about $7 Trillion..

Assuming that there isn't any hyperinflation caused by $10 trillion magically appearing, I'd probably put as much money as I could into space travel technologies. Other than that, try to live as modest as a life as I could and donate to various charities/etc..

You mean the most outrageous life that you could?

You wouldn't be able to  spend even a trillion with your ideas, so why not spend spend SPEND.

Wouldn't having 10 trillion dollars destabilize the economy?

No problem, just spend it slowly on ice cream over the years. NOBODY WILL KNOW.

You mean the most outrageous life that you could?

You wouldn't be able to  spend even a trillion with your ideas, so why not spend spend SPEND.

Well, knowing my personality, I know that if I had an insane amount of money and lived an outrageous life, I'd probably wind up as a complete D-bag who literally everyone hates (and probably get murdered or something).. I'd try to live as modest as possible, because I don't want to wind up as that guy that everyone hates..

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

Well, knowing my personality, I know that if I had an insane amount of money and lived an outrageous life, I'd probably wind up as a complete D-bag who literally everyone hates (and probably get murdered or something).. I'd try to live as modest as possible, because I don't want to wind up as that guy that everyone hates..

Why would you be hated? Just stay yourself, but instead of buying the cheap stuff just buy the ultra expensive things and share them with friends/family. No need to change personality. :P

Would you give Richard Hammond one?

Yes, and everyone that wanted one. I would be a generous god (With Clarkson as the Almighty-God).

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

Yes, and everyone that wanted one. I would be a generous god (With Clarkson as the Almighty-God).

Too bad they don't make zondas anymore. Now they make the Hyayra. Pagani only made around 200 Zondas

Too bad they don't make zondas anymore. Now they make the Hyayra. Pagani only made around 200 Zondas

I'm sure I could convince Horacio to start making them again.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen