CPU acording to windows only at 0.8GHZ

MrFluffyPants

Hey there guys,

So I was looking trough my task manager and ever sins I did the Asus 4-way optimization it seems that windows task manager

only sees my CPU max clock speed at 0.8GHZ

cugbtr.jpg

As seen in this image the Asus AI suite is saying it is clocked at 4.2GHZ.

Now my question is, does this decrease my PC performance because maybe some programs think my CPU is running at 0.8GHZ as well?

Let me know!

PC: Intel Core i5 4670k @4.3GHZ | Corsair H100i | ASUS ROG Maximus IV Hero | ASUS R9 280X DCII TOP 3GB | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866MHZ | Samsung Evo 250GB | 2TB Seagate Baracudda | Fractal Design Define R4 Windowed

turbo Boost is enabled and you OC'd it using adaptive mode.

it clocks down to 800mhz when it isn't being used much, sherlock.

When you stress the cpu it will OC itself to 4.2 automatically

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

Use CPUZ and check your clock there, it's much more reliable than the task manager. Most likely, task manager's just glitching out, it's pretty common.

i9-6930X @ 5.3GHz | ASUS Z1007-A | 64TB G.Skill Ripjaw XIV 2400GHz RAM | GTX 1080 Ti | Corsair 900R

Corsair CX2500 W | 15TB WD Green | Noctua NH-D24

turbo Boost is enabled and you OC'd it using adaptive mode.

it clocks down to 800mhz when it isn't being used much, sherlock.

When you stress the cpu it will OC itself to 4.2 automatically

But, even at 70 percent usage, that seems a bit low.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Mh? I beat you by 0.05 Ghz  :P

23qw3k66.jpg

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

But, even at 70 percent usage, that seems a bit low.

Look at the apps he has open.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

That sounds like normal Haswell downclocking. My 4790K drops to 800MHZ, which would be .8. It ramps up as needed.

Good to know, just wanted to make sure that is is not operating at .8GHZ :P

PC: Intel Core i5 4670k @4.3GHZ | Corsair H100i | ASUS ROG Maximus IV Hero | ASUS R9 280X DCII TOP 3GB | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866MHZ | Samsung Evo 250GB | 2TB Seagate Baracudda | Fractal Design Define R4 Windowed

Look at the apps he has open.

But Blender does use a lot of CPU.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Its the windows 8 task manager. It is a piece of crap that does not work. It says for some people that their CPU is at 6GHz lol

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Its the windows 8 task manager. It is a piece of crap that does not work. It says for some people that their CPU is at 6GHz lol

It said my Sempron was at 0.0GHz once (doing the balls to the walls OCs with both cores). :P

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

But Blender does use a lot of CPU.

Only had it open, was not doing a project on it so cross that of the list ;)

Only had it open, was not doing a project on it so cross that of the list ;)

Oh. Ok then.

It is operating at 800 MHZ when that's all that's required , and it will ramp up in stages according to load. You "can" do things like setting your CPU to max performance mode in the windows power management window or disable low power states in the bios, however that will not make anything run faster, it just uses more power and produces more heat for no return except it always reading at max speed, kinda like idling your car in park with the gas mashed, your burning fuel and working your engine hard, but your not sitting still any faster.

Years ago disabling down clocking sometimes aided in overclocking, but it was ideal to reach your desired overclock with the features enabled, you only disabled them if it was needed for stability.

• 1 month later...

I'm having essentially the same issue, CPU-Z agrees with the BIOS by reporting that my 4790K is clocked at 4.7GHz on all cores with a multiplier of 47, and that the memory  is running overclocked at 2133MHz. With all of Intel's power saving features disabled in the BIOS and TurboBoost also disabled, Task Manager still reports that the CPU is running at 0.8GHz and the memory is lower than it's stock speed of 1866MHz (it says 1333MHz). So I'm going to call this a Windows fail and trust CPU-Z/RealTemp. I have no idea why, but when I pin the CPU at 100% utlilisation Resource Monitor says its running at around 500%.  :huh:

In case you're wondering I overclocked it in the BIOS and the voltage is 1.370V. The RAM voltage is locked as "auto" but I believe it hovers around 1.53V.

• 8 months later...

I had the same thing the solution is the reset the optimized bio. That should fix it

• 3 years later...
On 13/09/2014 at 5:39 AM, ThePackman99 said:

I'm having essentially the same issue, CPU-Z agrees with the BIOS by reporting that my 4790K is clocked at 4.7GHz on all cores with a multiplier of 47, and that the memory  is running overclocked at 2133MHz. With all of Intel's power saving features disabled in the BIOS and TurboBoost also disabled, Task Manager still reports that the CPU is running at 0.8GHz and the memory is lower than it's stock speed of 1866MHz (it says 1333MHz). So I'm going to call this a Windows fail and trust CPU-Z/RealTemp. I have no idea why, but when I pin the CPU at 100% utlilisation Resource Monitor says its running at around 500%.  :huh:

In case you're wondering I overclocked it in the BIOS and the voltage is 1.370V. The RAM voltage is locked as "auto" but I believe it hovers around 1.53V.

i have had this bug also. i accidentally under clocked it to .8ghz because i wanted it to be auto so i put 0 and the bios set it at its lowest clock 0.80 ghz which crashed my computer. then after that it was at a constant .8ghz. i reset the bios and rentered my settings and fixed it. hope this helps

4690k @4.6ghz

asus z97 pro gamer

dominatior ddr3 @1866

gfx 1080