Today was a sad day. I left a electronic store disappointed.

LarsReviews

Today I went to my local Euronics XXL, a german Best Buy. They had nothing, no Nexus 7, no Nexus 5, no Z2, no G3, no S5. Nothing! Mostly low budget phones like the L5 II and some tablets from XOXO and Blaupunkt. Why are they called "XXL"?

And then they are crying that Amazon is taking their customers. I would buy in Store, if I could try the product. I don't see the need for ordering a product in store. What is wrong with them?

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

My local Frys(Big Electronic store in the U.S.) never have what I want in stock or even on the website. Yet they still wonder why people go to Newegg and Amazon. Even with my Amazon Prime, i'd rather just drive over there and get it quick.

Case:Define R4 | MOBO:ASRock z75 Pro 3 | CPU:i7-3770k 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler:H100i | GPU:970 Strix | RAM:Hyper X 16GB | 

Peripherals:ATH-M50x Limited Blue Edition | K95 RGB | M65 RGB | Blue Yeti MIC | (3x)1920x2080 Acer Monitors

I bought my Nexus 7 at US Best Buy.

The rep gave me a 16GB when I explicitly asked for a 32GB. :/

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

There are a couple PC shops in town, but they only stock GTX 650's, 660's, etc

I end up just going to BestBuy and doing a price match most of the time.

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

I bought my Nexus 7 at US Best Buy.

The rep gave me a 16GB when I explicitly asked for a 32GB. :/

At least you have something awesome like a Best Buy. On a Saturday Sale I was the first customer in a Best Buy in Michigan . What a awesome day.

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

I've been saying the exact same thing about best buy. I recently (for laughs) went up to the one nearest to where I live, to look at graphics cards. They had nothing but EVGA (which is fine with me, I've used 2 from then without issues) but they only had 500 and 600 series, and even then the best they had was a 650.

Literally, their PC components "section" looked more like a clearance shelf. although they had about 6 aisles of shit for consoles.

FFS, if you want to take customers away from the internet, KEEP A WIDE RANGE OF PRODUCT. And to those that say "well they have to look after their profit margin, and keeping more stock than they sell would hurt that" you get into that situation, purely from that thought process. To make money, you first have to SPEND MONEY.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Today I went to my local Euronics XXL, a german Best Buy. They had nothing, no Nexus 7, no Nexus 5, no Z2, no G3, no S5. Nothing! Mostly low budget phones like the L5 II and some tablets from XOXO and Blaupunkt. Why are they called "XXL"?

And then they are crying that Amazon is taking their customers. I would buy in Store, if I could try the product. I don't see the need for ordering a product in store. What is wrong with them?

They will probably blame their lack of inventory to low sales due to Amazon (or whatever the Deutschland equivalent of Amazon is) and while they have somewhat of a point they still usually can't match the price and convenient of online shopping.

Sadly the first traditional retail stores that will die out to online shopping will be the ones with expensive items that are not easy to have in inventory due to their price, the fact that they're fragile and the fact that the vendors get razor thin profit margins from them so expect this to happen a lot more in the future.

-------

Current Rig

-------

At least you have something awesome like a Best Buy. On a Saturday Sale I was the first customer in a Best Buy in Michigan . What a awesome day.

I know, right?

I understand that some people don't like them, but it's the only place in my city where I can go pick up a Cherry MX Red/Blue/Black/Brown/Green keyboard and a gaming mouse.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

mindfactory.de or cyberport.de should fullfill all your electronictoy needs. I know that feel from mediamarkt, they have nothing there. LG L3's and some old Galaxy S3 :C For worst they selling for a ridiculous price when unbranded as you can get those under 50 bucks on a refurbish store.

Bye LTT. That was an interesting journey on this board. At least here you see how not to do it. I'll go shaking my head about this place.

i went to a 'media markt' (best buy -ish) a couple of weeks ago and they had like 770's 'n shit, some I5's, corsair PSU's, that was a great day, untill i saw prices where 10-40% higher then the 'go to' hardware store in belgium...

but its nice to know that if i need something quickly ill know where to get it....

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

They will probably blame their lack of inventory to low sales due to Amazon (or whatever the Deutschland equivalent of Amazon is) and while they have somewhat of a point they still usually can't match the price and convenient of online shopping.

Sadly the first traditional retail stores that will die out to online shopping will be the ones with expensive items that are not easy to have in inventory due to their price, the fact that they're fragile and the fact that the vendors get razor thin profit margins from them so expect this to happen a lot more in the future.

We have Amazon too. Even Prime, which is really good. The funny thing is, that they are sometimes even cheaper than Amazon. If I go to big city like Dortmund, I could get most things I want, but it is a 40 minute drive. I don't even expect that they have them on stock, a demo device would be fine, with having the stock in a bigger store.

mindfactory.de or cyberport.de should fullfill all your electronictoy needs. I know that feel from mediamarkt, they have nothing there. LG L3's and some old Galaxy S3 :C For worst they selling for a ridiculous price when unbranded as you can get those under 50 bucks on a refurbish store.

mindfactory is a great place. I got my Asus 770 for a great deal with free shipping there. And the packing was environmentally friendly, but still save for the card. I haven't tired cyberport out yet.

mindfactory is a great place. I got my Asus 770 for a great deal with free shipping there. And the packing was environmentally friendly, but still save for the card. I haven't tired cyberport out yet.

Cyberport is a bit more pricey but they have lightning fast shipping. Take them 2 days from germany to austria. That's a glance. Usual it takes 4 days or a week from mf and other companys.

Bye LTT. That was an interesting journey on this board. At least here you see how not to do it. I'll go shaking my head about this place.

We have Amazon too. Even Prime, which is really good. The funny thing is, that they are sometimes even cheaper than Amazon. If I go to big city like Dortmund, I could get most things I want, but it is a 40 minute drive. I don't even expect that they have them on stock, a demo device would be fine, with having the stock in a bigger store.

Well that particular store might be going out of business though: a local PC shop here first starting to be real lack luster in their store inventory and then out of the blue they did a clearance sale and closed the store, they are now only an online store only

-------

Current Rig

-------

Blaupunkt makes tablets??? Whaaaaa?

i'm a potato

Yesterday i went to a local eletronics store that opened recently and was very surprised (poisitively and negatively). But first i must say that where i live, if you want something good you have to order from the mainland ( i live on an island there is nothing here, some low end stuff that is not even worth mentioning)

So the positive surprise is that i saw some cool brands: Corsair (one mouse), Cooler Master (one budget keyboard+mouse bundle, one or two PSUs), Razer (one abyssus mouse and a Kraken headset - that's it). But the negative surprise is the very little diversity of items. At least it's a start for this nowhere land... Oh and i saw one Nvidia FX5500 - do they still sell those ?? it's AGP for god's sake !!!

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X with Nox Hummer H240 Aura AIO Liquid Cooler; MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F; GPU: XFX RX 6800 RAM: Viper Steel 16 Gb (2X8) 4400Mhz DDR4; Storage: Adata XPG 512 Gb M.2 NVME SSD + 1 Tb WD Blue HDD + 1 Lexar Tb SSD; Case: Phanteks P350X; PSU: Corsair RM750i 80+ Gold; Monitor: Gigabyte M27Q 1440p @170hz; Headset: Hyper X Cloud Stinger; K&M: CM Storm Quickfire TK & Logitech G502.

Blaupunkt makes tablets??? Whaaaaa?

Everyone makes tablets these days.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Everyone makes tablets these days.

Yeah, I guess so.

i'm a potato

We have Euronics in the UK and they're not really like best buy they're more or less or at least in the UK they cater towards the lower end of the market the The nearest one to me > www.google.co.uk/maps/@541ko.902182,-1.400766,3a,75y,326.72h,88.65t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sEADTH-_ttxfgCLSq5Rq2lw!2e0

Well that particular store might be going out of business though: a local PC shop here first starting to be real lack luster in their store inventory and then out of the blue they did a clearance sale and closed the store, they are now only an online store only

What keeps them alive is selling 3000 Euro TVs and other high Tech Stuff to old people. A Grandpa took a really weird selfi and left it on the phone. Uhahaha

I live about 30 minutes away from a micro center. Whenever I go there I expect way too much... like for them to carry z77 boards. No luck. They are basically the last real electronics store in Colorado. Best buy doesn't hold a candle to this place, yet I still can't find a damn thing I need. Doesn't keep me from being at least a little excited to go there and nerd out

CPU - Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.60GHz 1.264v | RAM - Corsair Dominator Platinum 16.0GB (2x8GB) | Motherboard - ASUS P8Z77 WS | Graphics - EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 | Storage -  120 GB Samsung 840 EVO | PSU - Corsair RM650 | Case - Corsair 550D

At least none of you live in the southern united states, down here, ownership of a computer is still almost akin to witchcraft. The only thing we have support for is pickup trucks, shitty beer, ugly too tanned blonde women, and poor grammar.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

People still visit stores?

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.