How many of you still play BF3 and why do you play it over 4

JaxteR

I tried Battlefield and I hated it every moment but I am still saying "It will run BF maxed out" because it is reasonably demanding game and is also mainstream and there is chance that whoever is going to get powerfull PC is planing to play it. I would really like to say "It will run Arma III maxed out" instead but that game got such big problems with optimalization that there may be big differences in FPS on different systems with simmilar performance.

I like to play battlefield 3 a lot more than 4. Battlefield 4 looks amazing and that's what I love about it, but for some reason it feels so much more difficult to kill people, and I die a lot in BF4... Whether it's dodgy netcode or something I don't know, but I never have that problem in BF3. I can easily get 100 kills in a TDM on BF3 but I can barely get 30 in BF4. If it weren't for that problem I'd be playing 4 all the time.

| My first build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/117400-my-very-first-build/ | Build for my friend's 18th: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/168660-pc-for-my-friends-18th-with-pictures-complete/ |

ATH-M50X Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/165934-review-audio-technica-ath-m50-x/ | Nintendo 3DS XL Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/179711-nintendo-3ds-xl-review/ | Game Capture Guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186547-ultimate-guide-to-recording-your-gameplay/

Case: Corsair 200R CPU: i5 4670K @ 3.4GHz RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600MHz C9 Mobo: GIGABYTE Z87-HD3 GPU: MSI R9 290 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO PSU: EVGA 750W Storage: 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD Display: Dell U2212HM OS: Windows 8

for some reason i get 40fps ultra 2xmsaa (specs in sig) but it looks better and the maps are better

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

I like to play battlefield 3 a lot more than 4. Battlefield 4 looks amazing and that's what I love about it, but for some reason it feels so much more difficult to kill people, and I die a lot in BF4... Whether it's dodgy netcode or something I don't know, but I never have that problem in BF3. I can easily get 100 kills in a TDM on BF3 but I can barely get 30 in BF4. If it weren't for that problem I'd be playing 4 all the time.

I get the exact same problem BF3 i tank and its fun while tanking and fun when losing but 4 i suck and its so clusterfucky

Battlefield 3 was free, and battlefield 4 wasn't. That's how I made my decision

XEON E3 1231v3 | GA-Z97MX GAMING 5 | XFX R9 290 | 16GB RAM | CRUCIAL MX100 256GB | WD BLUE 1TB | EVGA SUPERNOVA 850W | CORSAIR 350D

Better visuals/ performance

Better netcode

More weapon type balance variety DMr shotguns PDws snipers fixed.

More gadgets and bad company 2 style.

Superior functionality. ( better coms and commander mode)

More vehicle variety

Naval maps.

I can write forver, heres the compact edition.

BF4 is the proof some people cant handle more awesome and stick to BF3, same goes for COD instead of BF.

Much more rich gameplay.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

Yes BF4 has an installement of good players even TDM doesnt have noobs.

Excellent. the player average is 4-3 times better. 300-400%.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

Because there is no Noshahr Canals in 4.

How much you wanna bet that because you made that comment there will be DLC next week for that exact map.

How much you wanna bet that because you made that comment there will be DLC next week for that exact map.

If there was I'd be a happy man, I have BF4 premium so I'd get that shit for free.

This..

To me 3 feels so much more fluid and snappier than 4. I don't know why but the new mechanics and way the movement is, its just clunky and odd

BF3 is more responsive and precise. Game is more fluid and physics is better over all. Wen you drive a tank is not like every thing  falling apart. 

But.. I play BF3 from time to time. I'm on BF4 more right now. I have 1K h in BF3  multiplayer. I'm sick of it. I need new fresh maps. I'm ok with AFTERMATH and END GAME maps but there is not a lot ppl on it. 90% of the players is free 2 play. Wen I'm more for armor, i really love ARMORED KILL but there is not a lot ppl on it at all.

A man can dream.

Well I would say that a man can just play it on BF3 but because EA in their infinite wisdom gave loads of free copies away there are a billion and 76 hackers with an endless supply of throwaway accounts so when they get caught cheating they just come right back.

Was playing a TDM round yesterday to 800tk and the winner was 160-15 or very similar, aimbot headshots with 44 magnum.

That's the problem with the older games, less active admins to ban hacker scum.

I play both, but for one there is no Canals in BF4, and no close quarters specifically the Gun Master.

My rigs

Spoiler

Desktop CPU: Intel Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.4GHz cooled by a Corsair H105 | Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X79 | RAM: 32GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 SC3 Ultra Gaming | SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Crutial M500 240GB + Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM + WB Black 4TB 7200RPM | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C | Mouse: Logitech G402 & MX Master | Keyboard: Poker II  MX Blue & Leopold 10-key pad Box Royals | Monitor: LG 34UB88-P | Audio: Audio-Technica ATH-M50 + FiiO E5 DAC + Rode NT-USB Mini

Laptop Lenovo Yoga 720 4k Touch

BF4 is laggy as hell. It doesn't even look much better than 3.

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Corsair H100i Pro | ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4 | Corsair Vengeance 32GB 2x16gb @ 3200mhz  | Vega 64 @ Stock | Fractal Design Define R4 | Corsair RM750

ThinkPad T480 | Intel Core i7 8650u | Nvidia MX150 | 32GB DDR4 @ 2400mhz | Samsung 840 Pro 1tb | 1080p touchscreen

JaxteR do a poll.

Well I would say that a man can just play it on BF3 but because EA in their infinite wisdom gave loads of free copies away there are a billion and 76 hackers with an endless supply of throwaway accounts so when they get caught cheating they just come right back.

Was playing a TDM round yesterday to 800tk and the winner was 160-15 or very similar, aimbot headshots with 44 magnum.

That's the problem with the older games, less active admins to ban hacker scum.

Tis the downfall of PC Gaming.

Tis the downfall of PC Gaming.

The penises are on consoles as well especially cod games.

I hate cheaters I like the idea of a vac ban that stops them from just joining another server, on battlefield on PC if you get banned from a server you can join another, if valve vac ban you on cs go you can't play on any more vac servers.

I prefer valves method if someone is a cheater, lol ban them from steam see if I care, penises.

I play Battlefield 3 with Premium as I got it ages ago for cheap but never got to played it on my crappy laptop then when I built my desktop. Battlefield 4 with premium (which is kinda essential <  that sucks) is wayyyy too expensive for me.

Mate

what do you think bf4 needs to do to be on a same level as 3 as we all seem to think bf4 isnt as good,

i think bf4 needs to be sped up a bit make the animations faster and snappier as well as movement i was really dissapointed with the movement and of course the network and connection needs to be fixed, what does battlefield 4 need to do to become a better game or on the same level as bf3?

BF3 because it was free, but I would like BF4 because that Dragon's Teeth DLC's looks like loads of fun!