Why not to buy Beats Pro

sterreprop
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

The list of why to buy beats pro is shorter lets try that.

8419cc7b027b1d2d6c14e4307c689e279b9d7527

oh-you-say-beats-are-the-best-headphones

A post like this needs two memes. :)

AKG Koss and Bose are 10000 times better!

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

Beats is in the name of a pair headphones. No other reason needed than that.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

My friend had these for a long time. Here are my thoughts on them. 

The positive:

-They block out sound really well

-Sound decent ( not 400$ decent though)

-Nice metal frame

The negative

-Very heavy and uncomfortable due to the metal frame and the headband being poopy

-Bad build quality despite the metal frame (my friend returned quite a few pairs due to something on them breaking

-They sounded no better than my 30$ monoprice headphones (in my opinion)

-The detachable cable is fragile and has now only lets him listen out of one ear because of a poor connection (warrenty ran out)

-400$ ?!?!?!?!?!?! 

If he likes the metal design i'd say go with the CHC Silverados. I've suggested them to my friend as a replacement for his Beats Pro and I think he is going to buy them. But really, almost any other pair of headphones will have more bang for your buck. 

You can tell him these things

-  If they were $30 - $50 dollars they would be great headphones

- They are designed for music with heavy bass such as hip hop, rap, EDM, some kind of Pop, but these songs are already mixed and mastered with the extended low end in mind. Boosting these frequencies will only make your headphones distort, which means the targeted music does not work best with these. 

- You'll look like a douche bag with them on because everyone and their dog will know how much you spent on them.

- If you travel to a developing country, you will get kidnapped. 

- Their are SEVERAL way better options for the half the price of Beats.

- If they break, well thats $400 + tax down the drain.

- Your a self respecting individual right?

- Active noise canceling is awesome, but makes shit sound nasty!

- Spend $200 dollars on headphones that are better than Beats, Spend $200 on a nice dinner with your best bro to celebrate!