Why choose this over elite dangerous?

K_c1n

For those who are not aware

Frontier had a head start in making E:D since they already had a functional company and most of it's funding was from investors and the kickstarter was the icing on the cake. If i recall they had already had their own engine ready.

CIG however had to build everything from the ground up, so it took them time to get the infrastructure working.

so for me 

Why not both

They're not focusing enough on the core mechanics, which is making me worried.

I think they simply promised too much, and they're getting outrun by a game a lot less backing behind it.

They are blocking out a lot of models now they have the PVR sorted, the eco system is blocked out and they've completed the ai, the multiplayer is going through bug testing, how is that not the core mechanics?

I suppose Elitists are gonna troll but this is getting ridiculous, the games only have 1 thing in common which is they are both in space.

They are blocking out a lot of models now they have the PVR sorted, the eco system is blocked out and they've completed the ai, the multiplayer is going through bug testing, how is that not the core mechanics?

I suppose Elitists are gonna troll but this is getting ridiculous, the games only have 1 thing in common which is they are both in space.

I believe they have similar goals, actually.

I didn't intend to troll, i tried to make some valid points which are open to contradiction. I was hoping to spark a discussion that wouldn't lead to a 1 minute effort reply.

I believe they have similar goals, actually.

I didn't intend to troll, i tried to make some valid points which are open to contradiction. I was hoping to spark a discussion that wouldn't lead to a 1 minute effort reply.

What's more to say your wrong and I don't agree with you.

The only thing I will say is Star Citizen is a social experiment and we've got no guarantee that it'll get to the end of production, what I do know is Chris Roberts wouldn't let that happen and if it did he wouldn't make CIG alive.

I've got my moneys worth so I'm happy

Look, i get the feeling that star citizen is going to be vapourware. They're probably going to deliver, but i highly doubt it's going to be excellent.

It's going to underachieve, this i am sure of. The question is just how much.

What is my logic behind this? Well, the star citizen development seems to be going extremely slow... like.. DayZ slow.

That's fine, i guess. As long as they deliver on their promises, right?

The thing that really puts me off is that they are more concerned putting out small bits of tech demos to show off their game. They are trying to convince players that they are actually making progress by pouring time into fancy hangar modules instead of the actual game.

Yes, i understand that the hangar module will be a critical part of the game. But isn't the thing supposed to be playable before you start creating a grown-up version of "dress up girl"?

They're not focusing enough on the core mechanics, which is making me worried.

I think they simply promised too much, and they're getting outrun by a game a lot less backing behind it.

Bare in mind they have multiple studios working on a lot of things in parallel so what they have released so far is only a small portion of the total work they have done. At the moment a lot of time seems to be going into getting the servers to handle the load, once that's done I imagine there will be more focus on the ship balancing after all that is the point of the arena commander module and they have already got a lot of feedback from it.

As far as adding ships and prettiness to the hangar that shouldn't affect backend mechanics as the people who do ship and level design aren't the same people doing physics simulation, weapon balancing, AI and other stuff like the economic system etc.

You don't have to just play one of the games you can play both. I haven't kept any close attention to either because they could both fail and the game never come out or they could just be all hyped up to be nothing for all I know so I will just wait until they come out. However if I was gonna choose which one I think I would have more fun with it would be Elite Dangerous. Also Elite Dangerous is gonna be great for benchmarking as it's meant to be a future proof game so settings will have to be turned down on all systems when the game comes out but with new hardware you should be able to run the game at higher settings, resolution and framerate. But that isn't that important I just like the direction that Elite Dangerous is going in.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard