"My fiancée" (R3-i5-GTX560) Warning! A lot of pictures!

DJ46

Excatly the point.

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett
Phone: Sony Xperia 5 II

Ok, my last post didn't get here, but it doesn't matter.

Problem:

My CX500M. Take a look:

2exr.jpg

I bet you can see it right away.

My question is, is there any way to fix it without RMA. For RMA I would have to send it across the whole state back where it came from.

I can't live with it because it's on the side I will be looking at in my rig.

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett

I don't know if this is just about the silvery spot or if that part is supposed to be underneath the other part:

aDZ3jLd.png
If it's just about the silvery spot, just use a marker of some sort..

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

No, it's about the whole thing being not put together probably. Look at the other side further away on that picture, you can clearly see how it should look like and how it looks.

that silvery spot should be inside of the PSU not outside

-Corsair Carbide 500r + TX-750w V2 | Asus P5Q Deluxe + Intel Core2Duo E8400 @ 3.8Ghz + 2x2GB G.Skill DDR2 1066mhz

-Sapphire HD4890 1GB DDR5 (New Edition) + 1x Intel SSD 330 120GB + 2x Seagate Barracuda 500GB SlimSinglePlate (RAID0)

Exactly, that's the problem.

Yeah, then RMA it for sure

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

Well, that's just fabulous.

So, work on my rig will be later it seems.

• 3 weeks later...

PSU should arrive from RMA on wednesday. Not bad considering I sent it on thursday and most of the delay was caused by the post office.

PSU just arrived! You can't even see that there was a problem with it. I will be swapping it today with my old one because old one is going into my friend's new rig.

Expect pictures!

Pictures are here! Kinda low quality tho, it's half past 9 PM over here and I started 7 PM.

- unplugged dem cables

1ivh.jpg

- removed all 4 zip ties

ytgt.jpg

- I was ables to save only 2 of them (also, my ultimate zip tie removal tool)

q4uo.jpg

- PSU out (EW, I used a fan filter, what's that dust doing there?!)

l8sz.jpg

- looks kinda weird, doesn't it

dpzm.jpg

- PSU inside, first cables plugged in

v6es.jpg

- not so managed now!

2cor.jpg

- EWWW, disgusting spagetti monster right?

uyya.jpg

- well guess what, not managing a single cable until all the new stuff is inside

a4w6.jpg

- I actually forgot to plug in SATA data cables...  :rolleyes: Also, in order of not breaking the SATA ports off I moved the 24-pin

xcig.jpg

Hope you enjoyed all these photos, tried to take a picture of everything. As I mentioned, the bowl of spagetti that moved in there now will me managed when all the new stuff is in it's place.

Still looking for an OS, but it will be bought soon...

*cliffhanger ending*

For your windows issue there is a registry hack you can do that tricks the OS into thinking there was a previous version installed. I had this issue when my boot drive died and only had the upgrade disk. I did it on windows 7 and i'm fairly sure it works for windows 8. good luck either way and cool to see how this build evolved. 

I'm looking for a second hand unused license. Currently disscusing it in the Operating systems section. This is a build log, no need to suggest OS stuff.

I'm in a depression. I just looked up the old prices back when I bought my PC and made a list of what I could've bought paying the same ammount.

CPU: Intel 2500K -> 208€

cooler: Noctua NH-D14 -> 76€

MB: ASUS P8Z68-V LE -> 132€

RAM: Kingston 2x4GB 1600MHz DDR3 HyperX blu Edition -> 36€

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM -> 127€

DVD: Samsung SH-222AB -> 17€

GPU: Gigabyte GTX560 Ti -> 217€

PSU: Seasonic S12II-520 -> 78€

case: Coolermaster Elite 370 -> 41€

LCD: Samsung S24A350H 24“ fullHD -> 177€

OS: Microsoft Windows 7 OEM Home Premium SP1 64-bit SK -> 92€

1201€

I like it when people take lots of pictures.

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

considering that power supply, your cable management at the end seems AMAZING. But first thing I would change is the PSU. Considering you probably have a budget, Get something from corsair or antec or seasonic for $135 or so. Might seem a bit much, but from my perspective, a psu doesn't age as other pc components due. A newer model PSU isn't much different from one 4 years ago. So this way, you have a psu working for the years to come

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

considering that power supply, your cable management at the end seems AMAZING. But first thing I would change is the PSU. Considering you probably have a budget, Get something from corsair or antec or seasonic for $135 or so. Might seem a bit much, but from my perspective, a psu doesn't age as other pc components due. A newer model PSU isn't much different from one 4 years ago. So this way, you have a psu working for the years to come

Wait, are you talking about my CX500M? You obviosly didnt read all my posts. I decided to get itto save money to get OS. Also, I think a Seasonic X-650 or something like that wouldn't really fit with all the other fairly budget stuff.

Like night and Day, Nice work.

CPU: FX-8350 Cooler: NZXT Kraken X60 w/2X NF-A14 FLX MoBo: Asus M5A99FX Pro Rev 2.0 Memory: 8GB G.Skill Sniper@1720 GPU: Sapphire Dual-X HD7970@1100/1500 Storage: Samsung 840 120GB(OS), Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 64MB PSU: Sparkle 850W Gold Case: Corsair C70 Military green w/ Solid window Keyboard: Ducky Shines 3 (MX Blues), Razer BlackWidow 2013 Ultimate Mouse: Corsair M90,M65 w/ Vengeance MM600

Like night and Day, Nice work.

Sorry for replying kinda late, but thank you! I appreciate your support.

best name for a rig I have seen :D

Thanks! :D It was the first time I thought of a good name for something in less than half an hour without regretting it.

So... A little teaser maybe?

If you've seen that picture of my "corner of unused stuff" on the first page, let me update it for ya:

edq3.jpg

(tried to go for a kind of a "sneak around a corner and take a photo quickly" type of a picture)

I want YOU to find all the stuff. Only the true followers of this build log (and people that read the first post) will know what the brown box is.

I will only tell you about two items: It the NH-C14's box is a NH-D14 (because apparantly that made sense to the guys that sold it to me for ONLY 35€ - half the price and it still has warranty!). And the P12 fan is from the NH-D14 because i'm a symetry freak and I want to see less of the brown wings.

And guess what!

I have the Windows now so I will try to finish this all...

TO-freaking-MORROW!!!

Oh, and tomorrow my friend has a birthday party starting around 2 PM. So, not exactly a ton of time to make this build. Well, I will just set my alarm clock to wake up at half past seven on holidays...

I have to say, waking up soon is not something I haven't done a lot these holidays - the WAN show is live at 1 AM on Saturday over here.

Well, noone guessed what anything is. Fine.

Also, I woke up at half past 6, half an hour sooner than planned, but it works out nice.

I was thinking about doing like a "delayed live build" but I would have to post pictures from my phone and I'm too lazy for that... :D