"My fiancée" (R3-i5-GTX560) Warning! A lot of pictures!

DJ46

Hi guys!

I wanted to build my own computer in December 2011. But, after a long day in school (been there till 5PM) my dad calls me and I just didn't have enough energy to resist. So, he bought me a HP pre-built 7300MT, that was changed by the company he bought it from. They switched the stock PSU to a Seasonic SS500-ET T3 and added a GTX560 OC from Asus. I have to admit, I hated that computer since I saw it. Then the my money spending spree started and since then, I spent at least 250€ on that thing. (by slowly saving up money I got for my school results) First thing I bought was the biggest invesment into it. I changed the case to a Fractal Design Define R3 Black Pearl. So, let the pictures start. I shot pictures quite a bit and most of them are not necessary, but they show my progress so I put them all here.

First off, all the messy wiring in the stock case:

img857b.jpg

img858.jpg

img859.jpg

img860y.jpg

img861h.jpg

img862k.jpg

img865.jpg

Without the plastic front mask:

img864e.jpg

img863x.jpg

First out was the HDD cage:

img867.jpg

img866.jpg

It left me more room to work inside this terribly layed piece of metal with no filters:

img868.jpg

img869.jpg

Starting in the new case. snad-offs in their place:

img872.jpg

To put the board in was quite a problem. I had to take it from the stock case, get the I/O shield, put it back, install I/O shield in the new case, put the board into the new case, screw it in. I had to do that since I had no place to put it where static won't kill it.

It's finally in, along with the GPU:

img874.jpg

Things started to be fun, so not many pictures of the proces. But you will see later how it turned out. But now, it works! Here's proof:

img877.jpg

img875.jpg

Fan is spinning, LED is shining, and these pictures seem to stop working...

Here's the messy inside:

img880i.jpg

img876x.jpg

It was working, after a long work I was happy that I'm done. Then I turned the case around and this was sticking out:

img878m.jpg

I made it look as good as I could back then:

img879.jpg

After a week of getting advices on the forum I've been a part of since 2011 (slovak and czech forum), I switched the wires a little so they won't lay on the graphics card:

img883z.jpg

img884m.jpg

Not too long ago, I changed my wiring a lot. I just couldn't stand all those cables behind the HDD mounts:

imag0313no.jpg

imag0315r.jpg

Since then, I moved my HDD into a Silentmaxx HD-silencer.

There's a lot I need to do to call this "finished". Do something about the PSU, get some LED strips and figure out my OS situation, since the Win 7 Pro from this rig is tied to the ugly board. Here's the stuff I bought that I can't use yet:

NH-D14 (not mountable to this board)

Z68X-UD3P (OS problem)

Windowed Fractal side-panel (not putting it on till the inside isn't worth it)

It's all sitting in a corner:

imag0359b.jpg

Also, lately I couldn't work on it since walls were painted in the whole house:

imag0360x.jpg

Uuuh, the picture didn't look that big on imageshack... Sorry if it breaks some rules.

That's all done now, but I have to get an OS to continue. (I actually won the "copy of Windows 8" on a livestream, but it is an upgrade from a legal activated Windows 7/Vista/XP, so quite useless.) I'm selling some stuff so hopefully soon I will have the money for the OS.

So, that's probably all for now, can't wait to continue.

Oh, almost forgot, current specs:

CPU: Intel core i5-2400 @ 3.1GHz

MB: Pegatron 2AB5 mATX

RAM: Samsung 2x2GB 1333MHz DDR3 CL9

HDD: Hitachi 7200RPM 500GB

GPU: ASUS GTX560 DirectCUII OC 850MHz 1GB GDDR5

case: Fractal Design Define R3 Black Pearl

PSU: Seasonic SS-500ET T3 500W

DVD: stock HP

keyboard: stock HP

mouse: Razer DeathAdder Black Edition (love it!)

mouse pad: Steelseries QcK

screen: HP Compaq LA2306x

mic: Logitech Desktop Microphone

headphones: AKG K512

phone: HTC One V (4.0.3 stock)

headphones for the phone: Superlux HD381

phone to watch youtube while falling asleep: LG Optimus One P500 (2.2 stock)

Oh and guys, just saying, I'm not watercooling anytime soon. Not my pricepoint. This is pretty much the standard gaming rig where I live.

Hope you like it a bit at least!

P.S.: Changed cases at 13 years old, I'm going to be 15 two weeks from now!

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett
Phone: Sony Xperia 5 II

So, why "My fiancée"? Because I'm giving it money only to look good! :) And I wanted to start this build log now and couldn't come up with anything better.

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett

Consider upgrading your PSU to something that you can keep for years to come. Your current one looks like it'll fail any day, especially with these hardware upgrades.

Looks much better thn before, good luck for the next changes!  :)

Current Rig:    AMD FX 8350 @ 4.3GHz | Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk Edition | ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z | ASUS AMD Radeon HD7950 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Red 1866MHz RAM

EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750 Watt PSU | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD | ASUS DVD Writer | CM Storm Trooper Windowed Edition

Peripherals:    BeyerDynamic Custom One Pro | Func MS3 | Steelseries QcK | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown (on release)

Wow, great job

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

Thanks guys! You make me more excited to get this finished.

Consider upgrading your PSU to something that you can keep for years to come. Your current one looks like it'll fail any day, especially with these hardware upgrades.

It actually isn't bad. I actually wanted to paint it and get extenders. But that would be quite expensive. I will probably get the CX500M and a 24-pin extender since all the other cables are "stealth" and all black wires. I'm not really upgrading my HW. And components in my pricepoint just need less and less power every generation.

Sweet, awesome project! I have been wanting to do the same to my old desktop (now server) from Dell for a while now (have to find a replacement atx-board or a btx case first).

Keep it up!! (cause I'd like to see more updates;) ).

CPU: Intel® Core i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz | Memory: Corsair Dominator DDR3 1866MHz 16GB (2x8) | GPU: Msi GTX 680 Twin Frozr  | HDD: 2 x Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120GB 2.5" | MB: Asus Sabertooth Z77, Socket-1155 | PSU: XFX ProSeries Black Edition 1050W PSU | CASE: NZXT Phantom Special Edition Pink

Sweet, awesome project! I have been wanting to do the same to my old desktop (now server) from Dell for a while now (have to find a replacement atx-board or a btx case first).

Keep it up!! (cause I'd like to see more updates;) ).

Don't worry! You can see on pictures that there are updates coming. But i need to get OS first. And then I need to move everything to an external drive and back to the fresh installed Windows.

Damn moving over to the Fractal Design made it all look soo much better :D I just hate the mobo colour though :D

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

Damn moving over to the Fractal Design made it all look soo much better :D I just hate the mobo colour though :D

I know right? :D Just Google my new mobo, Z68X-UD3P. Matte black PCB, sooo lovely!

Hey guys, guess what?

Enermax Naxn Adv came to Slovakia! Now I will have to pick either between the 450W and the 550W version or the Corsiar CX500M and getting a sleeved extension for the 24-pin. But I will probably get the Naxn Adv, just because of the whole PSU fitting into more colour schemes than the CX with it's disgusting sticker. So, 450W or 550W? Basically just what is enough for my current rig, components need less and less power every generation and sadly, budget is the word I will use a lot in this topic, so less it costs its better.

Nice I used HPs all my life until i graduated from highschool and could do something about it. Using the Z68XP-UD3R with a i7 2600k. 

looks good, I remember when I had the exact same scenario as you. Got a small tower Asus from my parents, was awesome at the time. slowly started getting parts until finally I had 0% of the old Asus but a fully watercooled NZXT Phantom build :D

• 1 month later...

Well guys, it's here.

Education in Slovakia starts with kindergarten when you're 2/3 to 6 years old. When you're 6-7, you start going to school. You will spend 9 years there. And, I just finished the last year. Then there is high school (4-5 years) and university (4-6 years). So, I'm pretty much starting my life now. I just picked up my "results paper" (Vysvedčenie).

Oh and guys, it was 9 years of fun, worries, happiness and full A's on "results papers".

Also, what it means is I got some money (I have 95€ now) for the new PSU. I will save up a bit more and probably get the X-650 (lovely black wires). I still need to figure out my OS situation and than I can continue.

Hehe, I did the exact same with my own HP m9040n Desktop. The internals were a mess, the power button broke. Threw it into an Antec 300 and it looked a lot cleaner. Only problem was, the original PSU cables were barely long enough to reach the right spots. Managed it though, for now.

All of the HP cases are just awful. Good job!

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

So, for pure A's, I got a few €. Now I have enough for a Seasonic X-650 KM3. I will probably get it. Im getting Icemodz LED strips from my parents as a present. I can continue with this rig, finally.

I'm not getting that PSU. I'm not getting anything like that, because the damn stupid key I won is so useless, I will have to buy a copy of Windows. Seriosly, Only thing I can do is sell it and I will hopefully get enough to buy a cheap stupid CX500M. I wasn't so angry ever in my life. I think I need to go out and kick some kittens. (JK! I like kittens, they are cute and fluffy!)

Man, I was so insane. I finally got some money and almost spent it all in a blink of an eye. I hate how I can wait and save up for a cheap thing and when I get double the money I need I choose to spend more. But, this also made me buy my R3 that I love. So, without going insane, I'm getting a solid budget PSU that is good wattage for my system. I picked the CX500M. I still care about the looks, but no need to get fully modular all black wired PSU with so much W and efficiency that Is kinda useless. All I need is something quieter than a HDD and my GPU fans. I know, I almost got a Platinum 760W Seasonic with hybrid fan control and stuff, but I've always thinked about something before buying it.

Sorry, had to leave the computer and I'm writing this about a hour later. Basically I decided to get a CX500M and a single sleeved 24pin cable extension. So, cables will look good, I will save about 50€ and it will be made by Corsair, what else do you want? :D

• 2 weeks later...

I'm the worst possible computer parts buyer. I still haven't decided what PSU to buy. I would get a CX500M, but I don't like the sleeve-bearing fan. So many things to consider.

Cooler Master's Silent Pro M2 Series are also a pretty decent choice. I can't hear my M1 at all.

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

BIG UPDATE GUYS!

Well, sort of.

Just ordered my new PSU (Corsair CX500M) and a sleeved extension for the ugly 24 pin (Silverstone, black). Also, yesterday I ordered 2 blue LED strips (30cm) from Icemodz!

Now I need to wait till everything arrives and when I get an OS, I can start working on my rig!

• 2 weeks later...

BIG UPDATE NOW!!!

CX500M arrived! With the 24pin extention! And two days ago the two LED strips came from Icemodz.

And, the best news -> My internet is finally working after a week! 150Mbps AW YEAH!

Now there are 6 things instead of 3 waiting for the Windows!

Sorry, no pictures yet, I have to catch up with all the youtube videos and stuff. Week is a very long period when you are subscribed to 25 people.

When I get Windows, I will FINALLY be able to start working on this thing.