"My fiancée" (R3-i5-GTX560) Warning! A lot of pictures!

DJ46

Looks a lot neater then before, good work.

Coolermaster Scout 2 Case / ASROCK 990FX Extreme3 Motherboard / AMD FX 8350 8 Core CPU (Stock Speed) / Corsair H100i CPU Cooler / Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 WindForce OC 6GB / 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/20323-scout-2-update-build-fx8350-h100i/#entry244058

Well. Started working on it at 7:30. It's almost 10 AM and it's still creating a Windows Easy Transfer file that I didn't make yesterday. It's almost done, but it killed a lot of time.

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett
Phone: Sony Xperia 5 II

The damn "Easy" transfer program stopped on 1 minute remaining and it's been like that for about an hour and a half. I guess I will have to restart it. So, it will finish about the time when I'm leaving on my friend birthday party. I will get back tomorrow, so, no updates today. Sorry guys.

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett

It seems I was a part of the issue. I didn't change any settings so it was trying to transfer a easy migration file of my external HDD into the external HDD because I didn't tell it to don't do so. Well, I learned something and wasted 4 hours. Now it's done. It took half an hour...

/EDIT: Also, removing stuff I didn't care about I made the file from 160GB into 50GB (most of it was the external HDD though).

The damn "Easy" transfer program stopped on 1 minute remaining and it's been like that for about an hour and a half. I guess I will have to restart it. So, it will finish about the time when I'm leaving on my friend birthday party. I will get back tomorrow, so, no updates today. Sorry guys.

I don't recommend doing a os migration it always leads to problems that are stupid and hard to fix. Clean installs for life. 

I don't recommend doing a os migration it always leads to problems that are stupid and hard to fix. Clean installs for life.

Its a program that makes a file that you use to get your files from on your new PC. I will be clean instaling.

Its a program that makes a file that you use to get your files from on your new PC. I will be clean instaling.

Ah, I see, they way you worded it sounding like out right data migration. 

I tried my best to say what was the problem. :)

Im currently at my friends house typing on an old notebook with a wrong layout.

I will get home hopefully before noon and start working on my PC.

Got home at around 3 PM and watched all the YT vids I couldn't. Also, started watching some more stuff. So, it's almost half past 5 PM and I haven't done anything. Also, I realised that if something won't work, I will miss the livestream and I'm not risking that. so, i will work on it tomorrow.

BUT, keep reading! I'm  terrible at making choices. So, what do you guys want? Today, tomorrow (or Toyota)?

So, does anyone else think that 8 PM is the perfect time to start? My challenge is to do it all till the live show, which from Linus said will be later than normal. So, let's do it! In case something goes wrong, I will watch it on my sister's PC.

That's right, I wasn't joking! Here we go!

I will be posting pictures either after I finished a part of the build from my sister's PC, or after I'm done from my PC.

Well, pictures will be here after I'm done.

But, that doesn't stop me from posting "statuses".

First one if from now - 0:45 AM Around 1/3 into installing the NH-D14 my westie suddenly runs into my room. I thought some loud sound woke him up (he always comes into my room when he barks inside because it's the closest to the street). He decided that half an hour after midnight is a perfect time to go take a piss. But, we have garden and he has his own tiny doors that he can use to go out. He refuses to go alone. So, we went out together, he ran around and I was just enjoying a little break. I sat on a bench and boy, best combination of a sound and a view. I like to play GTA IV and listen to music. I like to play Minecraft and listen to podcast. But looking up at stars and listening to my dog sniffing? Try to beat that folks.

Also, just to keep me sane, I will tell you about my dog. So, he's a west highland white terrier - westie, if you will. His name is Axi. He's around 11 years old. We have him since I was 4. You can say all about animals not being able to think or talk, but that only proves you don't have a pet. Our dog after being with us for so long knows exactly what some slovak words mean. And just looking at him, saying something and watching his reaction tells you exactly what he's "saying".

OK, back to work. Noctuas are awesome, but they don't install themselves (although, with their SecuFirm, it's almost like they do).

Good case

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

YES! Just did a test boot. Got to BIOS without any problems. 29°C on the CPU. I know, I bought the CPU cooler for looks, but still, cool (see what I did there?  :D ) right? *2:20 AM humor*

My eyes are starting to get a bit dry. I'm not exactly shocked after 17 hours with only blinking keeping them not burning...

Pretty cool so far :D

| i5-4670k @ 4.2Ghz | Corsair H100i | Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | ASUS Geforce GTX 770 |

| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Black 1TB | Corsair AX760 | Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/ Window | Corsair AF140 x2 |

| Windows 8.1 | ASUS 23" 1080p monitor | CM Storm Quickfire Stealth- MX Blue | Logitech G9x | Logitech G930 |

I made it through the dry-eye period. I'm so thirsty and hungry. I'm starting to install Windows soon, while it's installing I'm going to try to get those pictures to you guys.

Well... I had some stuff I wanted info about, waited for the WAN show. I became sleepy in like half an hour after hours of being fine. I turned of my sister's computer, went into my room and basicaly passed out on my bed.

I will continue today.

Win 8 installing. When it finishes, I will use my new PC to post pictures. Man I'm glad everything went nicely. I was so scared when doing anything with the CPU.

Also, I was so nervous I tried to get termal paste out without removing it's lid.

very nice, I always like to see the upgrade from a prebuilt machine to a custom one :) And you did a nice job!

Specs: CPU: i5 3570k @4.5Ghz CPUcooler: Corsair H80 RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1833Mhz MOBO: MSI Z77A-GD65 GPU: MSI Geforce GTX 670 PE OC PSU: Corsair TX850 FANS: 5x Noctua NF-F12 CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Windowed with Adjust 108 Fan Controller

very nice, I always like to see the upgrade from a prebuilt machine to a custom one :) And you did a nice job!

Thanks man! When everything I bought is in there and it's "finished" (PCs are never finished), I will add a picture of that next to that picture of my old case's inside.

Thanks man! When everything I bought is in there and it's "finished" (PCs are never finished), I will add a picture of that next to that picture of my old case's inside.

haha I know exactly what you mean! Okay, looking forward to it :)

Specs: CPU: i5 3570k @4.5Ghz CPUcooler: Corsair H80 RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1833Mhz MOBO: MSI Z77A-GD65 GPU: MSI Geforce GTX 670 PE OC PSU: Corsair TX850 FANS: 5x Noctua NF-F12 CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Windowed with Adjust 108 Fan Controller

Currently installing some Steam games and programs I use.

Also:

http://www.coding2learn.org/blog/2013/07/29/kids-cant-use-computers/

Suck it! (JK)

I feel special for being capable of building a computer and installing Windows thank to that article  :lol:

DEM PICTURES!!!

Sorry, had to do it after making you guys wait for 2 days.

So, I got a bit too pumped up and forgot to take some first pictures (or it's to throw you right in the action).

- board is ready to be pulled out (after of course removing screws)

x7to.jpg

- heatsink

i243.jpg

- the ultimate thermal paste removing team (that bottle is around 90% alcohol) (also, my t-shirt is missing on this pic  :lol: )

q3mb.jpg

(I'm not self adoring in any way, that thing with my name is a gift from my grandma that passed away a few years ago)

- CPU clean! (those paper bits were cleaned off after I pulled the board out of the case)

emuw.jpg

- my bed is not really ideal for taking a nap now (those tools are from IKEA, yeah that's right! could've gotten a fluffy fake horse head on a stick instead and back than I really considered it)

zs6y.jpg

- this thing is sooo sexy (don't lie to us or yourself, you love it too)

7f3z.jpg

matte black PCB FTW!

- standoffs in place! (had to add some moving from mATX to ATX)

lh31.jpg

- some planning actually did go into this build - I prewired the 8pin because I found out that will be an issue

6qy1.jpg

- (don't know what to say about this pic, just kepp scrolling)

ehqn.jpg

- YEAH THATS RIGHT! I noticed those two standoffs!

6ozg.jpg

- I have to say. I'm a Fractal fanboy. But Secufirm makes me a Noctua fanboy too. Also, while installing the mounting bars, before I could screw it in, my dog and I went outside - more info on that in the #62 post in this topic. (You know what guys? Here, a link to that post: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/18776-my-fiancée-r3-i5-gtx560-warning-a-lot-of-pictures/?p=689346 . You're welcome.)

2xmu.jpg

- I decided that I will use the line metod. Ended up being a kid that has something from the line metod and something from the peas metod. Also, make sure you removed the lid from the tube of thermal paste before using it. That thing looking like the end of a normal tube of paste si a lid...

ybdy.jpg

- heatsink in!

m0m3.jpg

- skipped some picture taking again! But hey, ain't this a revolutionary "closed test bench design" case?  ;)  :D

n27x.jpg

- the suspense... will it boot up?

c2tf.jpg

- I hope you said yes! Otherwise this might shock you...

ny10.jpg

- fans are spinning

notb.jpg

- fans are indeed spinning

wjf3.jpg

- plugging cables in, managing them... you know, doing stuff

ufjg.jpg

- cable management done

olvo.jpg

(may not be clean, but it is quick and good looking, look for yourself ->)

- well... maybe not. But when I put the other sidepanel back on, you won't see them that much (works fine for me)

3yc4.jpg

Also, that single sleeved 24pin extension is so worth it right now.)

- detail on molex connectors ready to power LED strips (not yet though, there wasn't time for that)

mwcq.jpg

- installing Windows 8

etnb.jpg

- here you go, it's name is written on windows (ba dum tsss) (názov počítača = name of the PC)

zto0.jpg

Hope you enjoyed it. It's not finished yet, I still have to put LED strips in and switch the panel to a windowed one.

P.S.: I wrote this now because I bought some games in the recent Steam Greenlight sale and I told myself that I can play them only if this is done.

And now, a funny game.

Everyone who noticed that I swapped my SATA cables from red ones to black ones in the process, like THIS post.

If you didn't, smile like a retarded person for a few seconds, check if I really swapped them and than say something about how I got you  :P