[WCCF] CPU-Z shows AMD Carrizo APU A10-8890K

pixeldensity

+1

whole buldozer series were like that. fake cores!  they just couldn't make technology like intel HT and made modules with 2 real cores that work like one :D

no. 

they had the tech, and the people. (if you look at the phenoms before, those had true cores)

in essence there are two ways one can go about multithreading. one is SMT which is what intel went with, which provides superior IPC but is harder to have a lot of cores, or CMT which is what AMD uses now, which doesnt to singlethreaded well, but is really easy to scale to more and more modules/cores.

CMT  SMT

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

no. 

they had the tech, and the people. (if you look at the phenoms before, those had true cores)

What no? You read my post and understand nothing? I wrote about buldozers, phenomes are not buldozers. each buldozer CPU has modules with 2 cores and thats very bad.

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

What no? You read my post and nothing understand? I wrote about buldozers, phenomes are not buldozers. each buldozer CPU has modules with 2 cores and thats very bad.

no to "they couldnt make technology like intel HT"

they could. all they had to do was add another registry set to the core, increase the cache and rewrite some microcode to make HT. but they chose to go a different route to see what happens. sadly they didnt do so well

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Are you guys not reading my post above?  :huh:

Nobody actually reads anymore, you should know that!

oh i didn't notice the WCCF, nevermind

i'm gonna go sob in a corner while i wait for better FX processors

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

Daaaamn. 20nm. Nice work AMD.  EDIT: Nevermind.

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

Daaaamn. 20nm. Nice work AMD.  EDIT: Nevermind.

way for WCCF to be the biggest killjoy of all time eh?

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

way for WCCF to be the biggest killjoy of all time eh?

Nothing that comes out of WCCF is legit anymore.

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

Nothing that comes out of WCCF is legit anymore.

i doubt any of it ever was

no to "they couldnt make technology like intel HT"

they could. all they had to do was add another registry set to the core, increase the cache and rewrite some microcode to make HT. but they chose to go a different route to see what happens. sadly they didnt do so well

you are not right :)

they could not. because if they did then their core wich is 2x weaker then intel's core would have become weaker :D

those that do backups

you are not right :)

they could not. because if they did then their core wich is 2x weaker then intel's core would have become weaker :D

im not talking about putting HT into their bulldozer type cores... im talking about making their SMT oriented cores that were in the phenoms be able to process more threads per core. they couldve done that, and it would 2x boost those cores in multithreaded tasks, but they chose a different more risky route and it didnt work out

and it would 2x boost those cores in multithreaded tasks, but they chose a different more risky route and it didnt work out

you do not understand HT. it's not 2x boost. core does some task and there is some horse powers left so with help of HT it does that second task but not so fast as first one. 

those that do backups

Can we just stop posting stuff from WCCF on this forum.
They never have any legit sources.

RTX2070OC 

well, AMD finally made some good APUs! i might actually... BUY ONE!

<Highly subjective opinion do read with caution.>

Boloks the 7850k is awesome do not regret buying it one bit.

But seriously it's been doing a fantastic job.

Oh god! I knew it would get in here eventually. People- this is a fake. A few guys on Overclock.net did this to see if "journalists" would do the research before publishing it: http://www.overclock.net/a/a-troubling-trend

Guru3D was the first to bite, and they actually plagiarized as well. WCCF then essentially copied it and added some of their stuff to it on their main website and a sister rumour mill. Soon other places put it up also. The only news here is that the tech journalist world is full of people who would rather post first for views and exclusivity than take the time to fact check.

That's hilarious!

Am so hoping that they have DDR4 on their APU platform/s soon. Intel doesn't have a cheaper DDR4 platform for the next year or so. Then again, DDR4 will come out of the gates as pretty expensive.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

you do not understand HT. it's not 2x boost. core does some task and there is some horse powers left so with help of HT it does that second task but not so fast as first one. 

i know its not a 2x boost... its a theoretical 2x boost if correct code is written. and the second task, when its being executed is executed at the same speed, its just that its only executed when the first task is waiting...

It's fake, this is the 1 million post on overclock.net so don't worry about this

http://www.overclock.net/t/1504354/guru3d-20nm-amd-carrizo-apu-spotted-features-fm3/20#post_22626294

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

first dead give away

FM3 socket... yeah right

next gen AMD will stay on the FM2+ socket, it in the bloody APU roadmap

When did APU come in 6 core???

AMD naming for the APU is in even numbers or end with 50 so should be 8800k or 8850k

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

i know its not a 2x boost... its a theoretical 2x boost if correct code is written. and the second task, when its being executed is executed at the same speed, its just that its only executed when the first task is waiting...

I said you do not know HT well.

firstly it's not even theoritical 2x boost. 

secondly second task can be executed exectly when first task is executed. they work independently from each other on one core. That's main thing about HT. It makes core work simultaniously on 2 tasks. no one is waiting. 

You described what AMD did in their buldozer modules. each module has 2 cores, but when one executes task second is waiting. they have one source. It's like 2 line way and bridge,  wich only one car can pass through on  :)

those that do backups

secondly second task can be executed exectly when first task is executed. they work independently from each other on one core. That's main thing about HT. It makes core work simultaniously on 2 tasks. no one is waiting. 

You described what AMD did in their buldozer modules. each module has 2 cores, but when one executes task second is waiting. they have one source. It's like 2 line way and bridge,  wich only one car can pass through on  :)

it is a theoretical 2x boost when your app is written to load the core when the other thread is waiting for information

yes they are independent. by waiting i meant waiting as in, it requested something from RAM, so its currently idle.

Just to clear up a little bit here, the reason behind AMD's switch to the "Module" design was a very smart one indeed - they're just a little ahead of the technology.

Let's take the Bulldozer module and look at it:

It contains 2 integer cores and one floating point core.

Some people take this (like yourself), as meaning it's "fake" dual core. However, that's not entirely correct. The technology is different enough that you can't compare it directly with an Intel "Core".

Now, why are there half the amount of FP cores? Because many computer applications don't use them! Secondly, Graphics Cores are MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH (did I say much?) better at performing FP calculations. This is why you have things like OpenCL and CUDA to take advantage of GPU Compute.

Enter the AMD APU: Combined Graphics processor and Bulldozer module

The idea behind this is to leverage the advanced FP power of the GCN cores inside the APU, alleviating the strain. This is the whole idea behind HuMA. The CPU portion and GPU portion can co-operate on a hardware level to perform calculations together.

In theory, it means it can leverage the GPU power to make the whole APU much more powerful then a traditional Phenom style CPU Core. However, the programming side of things is lagging behind significantly. Not much can actually utilize this power.

Now as @LukaP has mentioned, AMD took this route on purpose. They could have VERY EASILY went the HT route (Obviously they'd have to call it something else, but technologically they could easily do it). But AMD is looking at the long game, which unfortunately means in the interim, their CPU "Modules" lag behind quite a bit.

Also, HT does NOT do calculations simultaneously. That would be a factual lie. HT works on the principle that pretty much any calculation a CPU Core does won't fully utilize that core. It also works on the principle that once a Core has done an instruction, it is often waiting for *something* else to complete. Be that accessing the RAM, getting a result from another Core, accessing a different piece of system Hardware, etc. During these little tiny gaps, which by themselves are very small - but extremely frequent - the CPU can leverage all those combined little bits and equal a large performance boost by using the power as the Core is idle waiting for another action.

Hyperthreading does NOT automagically make a single core able to perform two tasks out of thin air. That's not how it works. You obviously could use some additional reading on the subject, so I suggest that you check out the wiki on HT:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyper-threading

You'll note that it says:

These shared resources allow the two logical processors to work with each other more efficiently, and lets one borrow resources from the other when one is stalled. A processor stalls when it is waiting for data it has sent for so it can finish processing the present thread.

With this in mind, this is a very very simplified explanation, and there are many technical bits missing from it.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

-snip-

thank you for this, i was contemplating either comitting the time to explain it properly, or just giving up :)

thank you for this, i was contemplating either comitting the time to explain it properly, or just giving up :)

No problem. It just bugs me when people are stating factual errors. Whether it's simply ignorance of the topic (Which happens to us all occasionally, we just must try to learn from it) or deliberate trolling, either way, I was compelled to comment :P

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

F**k. I spilled the salt, time to do a lot of pinching because WCCF of course.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

No problem. It just bugs me when people are stating factual errors. Whether it's simply ignorance of the topic (Which happens to us all occasionally, we just must try to learn from it) or deliberate trolling, either way, I was compelled to comment :P

yeah indeed. maybe i was kindoff wrong stating some stuff, or should atleast explain why it is so.. but mostly, i cant stand seeing people here spread misinformation so much. sometimes i ignore it, sometimes i try to fix their POV, mostly i just fail, because i never have enough time all together to write up a good post on it