15fps Problem Metro LL New OS

Sernyhough
Go to solution Solved by ColourShift,

Basically, running Metro LL at 1440p on 780 Ti Sli. Had way over 60FPS yesterday before i reinstalled windows 8. 3D Mark gave me the same score as before os reinstall.

The game runs at 15FPS on all graphics settings and i have tried diffirent  PhysX configirations and had no luck.

Any suggestion?

That was the exact same problem with me too.

I turned off Advanced PhysX and it worked! (Restart the game after).

Basically, running Metro LL at 1440p on 780 Ti Sli. Had way over 60FPS yesterday before i reinstalled windows 8. 3D Mark gave me the same score as before os reinstall.

The game runs at 15FPS on all graphics settings and i have tried diffirent  PhysX configirations and had no luck.

Any suggestion?

System: 5930K, MSI X99 SLI PLUS, GTX 780Ti (SLI),  840 EVO, Fractal R4 (Full Custom Loop)  (IP)

Media Server/Perm Folder: i3 4130, CX500, 4 X WD Red 1TB, 60GB Adata SSD for boot, Node 304, ASrock Z87-E ITX, 8GB Kingston Value Ram

Same thing happened to me (on new OS). Turns out, when I restarted the game from Steam, Steam installed something labeled as ??? onto my system, now it runs at 60FPS smoothly on my settings.

Build: CPU: Intel Core i5 4690k | CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM: 8GB G-Skill Ares 1600Mhz CL9 | Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + WD Blue 1TB 64MB Cache + Seagate Barracuda 2TB 64MB Cache | GPU: MSI GTX 960 | Case: Cooler Master Storm Enforcer | Power Supply: EVGA 600B Non-Modular | 

Any suggestion?

Only issue I know of with Nvidia cards and Metro is when people are using an outdated version of Physx. If you have the latest Nvidia drivers, you should automatically have the latest version of Physx. But some people found that their Physx was out of date even if their driver was not.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

Any suggestion?

Case: Thermaltake Core V71 CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 1700X (overclocked to 4.1Ghz) Cooling: Corsair H110i GT(Push-Pull config) Motherboard: Gigabyte's Aorus AX370 AM4 K7 RAM: G.SKILL 2800Mhz 32GB GPU:  GEFORCE GTX 1080 (SLI) from Gigabyte Storage: Kingston 3K 240GB (main boot drive) Crucial M500 SSD, WD 2TB Green, 100GB HD(As backup) PSU: Sseasonic X Series 850W Gold

Yep, forgot to mention Advanced PhysX skewers the fuck out of performance in MLL.

Build: CPU: Intel Core i5 4690k | CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM: 8GB G-Skill Ares 1600Mhz CL9 | Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + WD Blue 1TB 64MB Cache + Seagate Barracuda 2TB 64MB Cache | GPU: MSI GTX 960 | Case: Cooler Master Storm Enforcer | Power Supply: EVGA 600B Non-Modular | 

Only issue I know of with Nvidia cards and Metro is when people are using an outdated version of Physx. If you have the latest Nvidia drivers, you should automatically have the latest version of Physx. But some people found that their Physx was out of date even if their driver was not.

I found out that turning advanced PhysX off i got great framerates again.

This could be related to what you said.

Thanks

System: 5930K, MSI X99 SLI PLUS, GTX 780Ti (SLI),  840 EVO, Fractal R4 (Full Custom Loop)  (IP)

Media Server/Perm Folder: i3 4130, CX500, 4 X WD Red 1TB, 60GB Adata SSD for boot, Node 304, ASrock Z87-E ITX, 8GB Kingston Value Ram

This is the answer.  I was getting really bad (10-20) fps in the game with advanced physx on.  Once I downloaded and installed the newest phyx drivers (9.13.1220) I was able to get 45-60 fps in the game with SSAA off and Advanced PhysX on.  For some reason, NVidia's driver updates are not correctly updating physx drivers.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K · MoBo: Asus Maximus Hero IX · RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum (2x8GB 2400MHz CL10) · GPU: EVGA SC+ GTX 980Ti (6 GB)
Case: Fractal Define R5, Black, Windowed · AMC: Corsair H90 with NF-A14 PWM (Pull)  · PSU Corsair HX 750W · SSD: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO
HDDs: WD Black 2TB and 2x Red 5TB · OS: Windows 10 · KB: Logitech 710+ · Mouse: Logitech G700S 
· Monitor: Acer XB270HU