[HELP] Stuck at Starting Windows screen Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. Can't troubleshoot myself. Long Explanation and Story.

RenzoRaptor

Hi Linus Tech Tips forum , Raptor here. I would like to ask how can I escape this inprisonment on being stuck on the Starting Windows screen. Wheb I get stuck there the windows still has the glow animation but it is stuck. This events happened after my computer froze and i cant open my Ctrl+Alt+Del thing so I used my Voltage Regulator to manualy turn it off and on. Then I tried starting normaly and last successful settings but I still got stuck. When I try safe mode it gets stuck at the grey and black screen it says I think System/CTSS ( something like that ) and it get stuck there and wont continue. I need help because I have tor do an important project over the weekend thanks!

I Had the same problem with vista, fixed with installing linux, i think some files on windows were corrupted.

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

if your windows is corrupt then if you have the disks then install windwos again but select the Upgrade instead of install, or if your on a laptop there should be a recovery partition.

Last known good ONLY works if the system has not been booted (doesn't have to be succesfull just marked as such) since. I suspect that it is 'setting the flag' as booted but getting stuck nine tenths of the way through. 

ASIDE :- What is the voltage regulator?  Why not just use the power button?

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

If you have your Windows disc (if not you can make a bootable USB) there should be a 'repair your computer' option, I believe you can run a start-up repair from that.