the 64 bits "web browsers" help the youtube videos run more smoothly?

7850OC

YouTube videos run smoothly in 32bit browsers, so I think it won't matter.

i'm a potato

let's say you have only 1 core (1700 mhz) than cannot run 1080p (and you need all help you can get)

let's say you have only 1 core (1700 mhz) than cannot run 1080p (and you need all help you can get)

At that point you'd need GPU offloading.

My Singlecore 3200+ (2.0Ghz) plays YT 720p and 1080p fine with no frame drops, because its GPU accelerated and offloaded from my 4890 GPU.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Flash is the laggy thing in Youtube. HTML5 is way better in terms of smoothness.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Flash and HTML5 uses your GPU to render the video (as well your CPU).

As on most sites the video player stream the video, a good connection is also required.

If videos aren't playing smoothly, reduce the video quality, or purchase a faster CPU and GPU solution.

If you have already a powerful CPU and GPU, then it could be the video itself that is badly converted, look at a different video from a different site or in the case of YouTube, different Channel. If the problem persists, then it maybe a driver issue with your audio or video hardware.

Another thing to try, is a different web browser. HTML5 video is very problematic in many sites including YouTube. It's best to tell YouTube that you don't want HTML5 videos.

To do this, go here: http://www.youtube.com/html5, and click on "Use the default player" button. If you see only "Request HTML5 player", then it's already set, and have nothing to worry about.