Apple has ordered 70-80 million new iPhones ahead of launch

Dietrichw

Source

newimage.png

Apple's reportedly put in its biggest order yet for new iPhones, says The Wall Street Journal. While numerous reports have said production of Apple's next iPhone models is set for August, The Journal now says it's going to the largest ever, with somewhere between 70 to 80 million units.

To put the figures in perspective, The Journal notes that Apple ordered somewhere in the ballpark of 50 to 60 million units for last year's iPhone 5S and 5C. The 5S went on to have extreme shortages, with new buyers quickly facing a weeks-long wait.

Someone is confident.

EDIT: Just realised, this order is over 9000.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

or doesn't want a line of angry customers

Yeah, but that doesn't sound as good.

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

Someone is confident.

If i was apple, I would do the same. You know how many retarded little girls want iphones since it\s "cool" to have one let alone the soccer moms that wannna be cool. or the dads that wanna try and be cool.

If i was apple, I would do the same. You know how many retarded little girls want iphones since it\s "cool" to have one let alone the soccer moms that wannna be cool. or the dads that wanna try and be cool.

Yeah, it is amazing how much value the Apple logo holds.

Yeah, it is amazing how much value the Apple logo holds.

Yep. The logo=money=fasion=cool.

so far as the leaks suggest i wouldn't mind they put int that huge order, for the past few years they've been definitly improving significantly, not just doing stagnant builds but an evolution of somesort, slowly but it's making progress & more & more people are liking what they are doing, even the android fanboys..

Details separate people.

If I was Samsung I would do the same. You know how many retarded little girls want galaxies since it\s "cool" to have one let alone the soccer moms that wannna be cool. or the dads that wanna try and be cool.

Fixed.

If I was Samsung I would do the same. You know how many retarded little girls want galaxies since it\s "cool" to have one let alone the soccer moms that wannna be cool. or the dads that wanna try and be cool.

Fixed.

No shit. but it's not the same right now. For every andriod phone i see, i see six-ten iphones.

Or how about because they're easy to use, cooperate somewhat well with the software, usually work most of the time, have good quality, and have an otherwise small learning curve compared to, say, backing up your kernal and installing a new mod that lets you change how many degrees your GPS will adjust depending on your altitude beneath the sands of the Sahara Desert?

Most people want something that works, they don't give a crap about being cool.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

honestly. i hate apple. i expect better, but there is nothing better IMO, think i will sell my G2 and Nexus 5 for the 5.5 inch version. P.S i had an iphone 4s for 2 years

Good, it'll probably be announced in august and come out early september. I'll probably pick one up on launch day. then pick up a Nexus 6 on launch day too.

I don't see why everyone hate apple so much. Though I do wish the Moto360 would work with an IPhone.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Fixed.

Let's be honest Apple

and Samsung are pretty much at the same level that people just but them because of the brand. And to be "cool".

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

Let's be honest Apple

and Samsung are pretty much at the same level that people just but them because of the brand. And to be "cool".

Well apple has premium metal look and feel. Their products are backed by people that know what they;re talking about.

Samsung has... well flaux leather or something like that. it doesn't have any premium look to it.... AT ALL.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

I expect a lot from the new iPhone. Will I buy it? Fuck no! But it will be sweet if Apple can come up with something innovative this time (unlike 5 and 5s and 5c) so that Android manufacturers innovate too to stay competitive.

I'll be expecting sapphire glass on Android phones for example. Unless Apple somehow gets a patent for it and sues fucking glass makers.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Or how about because they're easy to use, cooperate somewhat well with the software, usually work most of the time, have good quality, and have an otherwise small learning curve compared to, say, backing up your kernal and installing a new mod that lets you change how many degrees your GPS will adjust depending on your altitude beneath the sands of the Sahara Desert?

Most people want something that works, they don't give a crap about being cool.

No man I actually know people that want iPhones just because it makes them look "cool" and "rich"

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Well you can't help those that follow the mainstream

It's not their fault, apple had one of the best marketing teams in any corporation I've seen, they were on fire back when they released the iphone.  As a result I've seen many intelligent people claim that apple invented the touch screen and smartphone.  I've even heard people claim apple invented the pc.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Let's be honest Apple

Exactly, those that cry foul about apple tend to be Samsung fanboys that neglect what Samsung does. Both companies have their faults, but I find apple to have more merits.

Having x branded phone makes you cool in the same way reading a book before a movie comes out does. It doesn't, but feel free to keep thinking it does.

I'm not really looking for a phone right now (and probably not for another year) but I'm excited to see what new things Apple has to offer and how it comes to what we've seen from Android L. Also, since Google made that HUGE push with Android Wear, Android TV, Android Car, etc it's gonna be interesting to see how Apple responds and whether they too will try to integrate as many parts of your daily tech to your phone as possible.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

Let's see if Apple made the right choice picking TSMC.

Supposedly TSMC had trouble in May and had to push back orders from AMD, Nvidia, etc.

I'm not sure there is a company in the world currently that can push out that many orders of processors, RAM and panels except Samsung.

We shall see.

Let's be honest Apple

only one problem with that samsungs are completly made of cheap plastic and are still not that much cheaper then the iphone so i cant see how they are on the same level for build quality dont get me wrong there are a lot of ppl that buy them cuz its the "cool" thing to have but there are a lot of  ppl buy them so they can have a phone that doesnt feel cheap and cuz ios does work really well over android 

| Corsair 900D | i7-4770K | ASUS Maximus VI Formula | SLI ASUS Geforce GTX780 | EK & Alphacool WaterCooling | 

| Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 32GB | | Two Corsair Neutron GTX Series 240GB SSD | Corsair AX1200i |

| Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Two Seagate Barracuda 4TB  | Windows 8 Pro 64 Bit |http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/189392-corsair-900d-sli-watercooled-refresh-and-new-setup/#entry2550514