Tiny device aims to tell you if your drink has been spiked

Dietrichw

Source

pdid.jpg

The creators of a device designed to identify if your drink has been spiked have launched on Indiegogo with the aim of raising $100,000. Similar in size to a pack of gum, the pd.id can be dunked into a drink, blinking red after a few seconds if a contaminant is found. According to founder J. David Wilson, the hardware uses the same technology that the US DEA has employed for years, just shrunk down to a smaller size. Once dunked into your drink, the pd.id collects a small sample, analyzing its density, resistance and temperature to determine if a foreign agent, like rohypnol, has been introduced.

If the $100,000 is raised, the the team behind pd.id (short for Personal Drink ID) aims to have the gear on sale within six months, priced at $75.

Wow, neat.

I bet backwards hat wearing enthusiasts the world over are pissed.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Source

Cool invention. It'll be a funny sight to say the least if you see a chick dip that thing in her drink tho. People could also stick to less cray solutions like keeping your drink in your hand and not taking drinks from strangers. 

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Nobody will bother using these.

It needs to be something automatic that is built into the container used to serve the drink. Like a chemical in the plastic (for the single use cups that most clubs serve drinks in) that will change color or something.

Source

pdid.jpg

and this is why people get bullied.. go to a lovely night out with friends some guy goes up to the counter gets his breif case out shoves probes in the drink, starts analyising all the food, then breathalising everyone.... 

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

Cool invention. It'll be a funny sight to say the least if you see a chick dip that thing in her drink tho. People could also stick to less cray solutions like keeping your drink in your hand and not taking drinks from strangers. 

I dont know if u drink or not but when u drink u have to wee alot and sometimes u havnt finished your drink before u go so it would be nice not to have to skull it just to go to the bathroom.

Op this is really cool but ill wait until these things become more normal and are like $30.

Why would you need that? It's fairly easy to spot with naked eye.

spiked-drink.jpg

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

I bet backwards hat wearing enthusiasts the world over are pissed.

no, I'd still be able to hit my quota becase

Nobody will bother using these.

Error: 410

This thing is absolutely pointless when you have glasses that can detect roofies.

http://www.fastcodesign.com/1673293/this-roofie-detecting-glass-could-prevent-date-rape

edit: I guess you can't carry a glass with you into every bar but the hurdle now is convincing all bars to use these roofie glasses, but that seems easier than carrying a hotel soap bar around.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

I dont know if u drink or not but when u drink u have to wee alot and sometimes u havnt finished your drink before u go so it would be nice not to have to skull it just to go to the bathroom.

Op this is really cool but ill wait until these things become more normal and are like $30.

Yep I do drink. That's a very specific situation. I think anybody with a good bladder can hold their piss for those 5 - 10 min it takes to finish a drink bruh, if at all you have the constant misfortune of needing to go to the bathroom everytime you have a drink in your hand. Like most people I also go to parties with my friends who are happy to keep my drink safe for me if I can't hold it myself for some reason.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

As a former bouncer for 7 years....99,99999999999999999999999999999% of all the cases where people claim that their drinks has been spiked are bullshit.

I never had a shift where a girl didn't claim that somebody spiked her drinks, and she got attention all night from her panicking girlfriends.

Ive tested several drinks because we had a lot of "claims". Its very, very uncommon and when it happens its usually happens with a date rape drug, not coke, or amphetamine or anything like that like most of the people tend to claim when they say somebody spiced the drink

But great to have this device....Might stop this paranoia.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

$75? I can imagine that's about 3 drinks in a club, so no, people probably won't buy it because they need all that money for drinks, otherwise there isn't anything to rest the damn thing on

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

no, I'd still be able to hit my quota becase

Nice

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs