OnePlus One or LG G3?

TopWargamer

So I can choose either the OnePlus or the LG G3. If I got the G3, it would be on contract with Verizon (although I would promptly switch it over to use on T-Mobile, I have my methods), and as for the OnePlus One, I know a couple people who have invites, so I could get one.

OnePlus One - $350 (off contract)

LG G3 - $200 (on contract)

I currently have the G2, and I reeeeeally love the buttons on the back, so I'm tempted to go with the G3, but at the same time, the OnePlus one is such a nice phone. I dunno which to go for. Thoughts?

COMIC SANS

I vote LG G3

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

If you like the back buttons get the G3.

i'm a potato

OnePlus is $350, no? They also charge $30 for shipping. So, $380.

I'd go G3, for the much smaller body and expandable storage. It also gets great battery life, though the OnePlus is beastly in that regard.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Oneplus One. Too bad you can't buy the dam thing without a invite... what the hell are they thinking? Seriously need to ramp up productions or they'll lose traction altogether. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Why can't you get an unlocked G3? I would go with a G3, but if you like, you can wait a couple months for the iPhone 6. It got bigger and it actually looks a lot better.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

OnePlus is $350, no? They also charge $30 for shipping. So, $380.

I'd go G3, for the much smaller body and expandable storage. It also gets great battery life, though the OnePlus is beastly in that regard.

OnePlus starts at $300 for the 16GB model, and $350 for the 64GB model, which is what I'd be getting. Updated my OP to reflect that. Forgot.

:P

COMIC SANS

Why can't you get an unlocked G3?

It's cheaper (for me) to get it through Verizon and then use it on TMo's network.

you can wait a couple months for the iPhone 6. It got bigger and it actually looks a lot better.

Thanks, but no thanks. I hate iOS with a fiery passion. 

COMIC SANS

OnePlus starts at $300 for the 16GB model, and $350 for the 64GB model, which is what I'd be getting. Updated my OP to reflect that. Forgot.

AFAIK you can't get the 16gb model. All of my invites have been for the 64gb model only.

Do you consume a lot of media?

The G3 also has a better camera. If you use that at all.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

If you like the back buttons get the G3.

I do love those back buttons, but I can get readjusted to using regular buttons probably in a week or so. Even using my friend's phones (which use the regular button layout), I can use those just fine.

COMIC SANS

It's cheaper (for me) to get it through Verizon and then use it on TMo's network.

Thanks, but no thanks. I hate iOS with a fiery passion. 

Give me a couple reasons you hate iOS. It isn't so bad, if you ask me. Especially iOS 8. It has been pretty revamped. And I've liked it a lot since iOS 7.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

AFAIK you can't get the 16gb model. All of my invites have been for the 64gb model only.

That's probably a good thing, because nobody really wants the 16GB since the 64GB version is only $350, hah.

Do you consume a lot of media?

Every once in a while I'll stream something from my Plex server or Netflix and play a game or 2 here and there. I do a lot of Internet browsing though.

The G3 also has a better camera. If you use that at all.

I do use my camera quite a bit, and the G3 does have a pretty darn good camera, but the OnePlus One also has a very good camera from what I've seen. The main difference between them seems to be the laser auto focus on the G3, which is very nice to have, but not really necessary.

COMIC SANS

Did you look at at the HTC M8 and the Sony Z2?

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Give me a couple reasons you hate iOS. It isn't so bad, if you ask me. Especially iOS 8. It has been pretty revamped. And I've liked it a lot since iOS 7.

I don't like the UI.

You have to pay for just about every single damn app.

I hate how locked up it is. Even if you jailbreak it, you still can't make the same types of tweaks that you can on Android once rooted.

The inability to sideload apps unless your phone is jailbroken.

Jailbreak brakes easily due Apple constantly updating their OS, and that's a pain.

Those are just some reasons.

COMIC SANS

If you can't make up your mind, just go with the Oneplus One since it's cheaper and quite rare at the moment.

Oneplus ;)

Less expensive and a much more streamlined version of android.

Did you look at at the HTC M8 and the Sony Z2?

I have, and I'm not interested in either. They are great phones though. I'd recommend them for sure, but for me, it's coming down to either the G3 or OPO.

;)

COMIC SANS

I don't like the UI.

You have to pay for just about every single damn app.

I hate how locked up it is. Even if you jailbreak it, you still can't make the same types of tweaks that you can on Android once rooted.

The inability to sideload apps unless your phone is jailbroken.

Jailbreak brakes easily due Apple constantly updating their OS, and that's a pain.

Those are just some reasons.

I think the UI has massively improved with iOS 7.

Not really. A lot are still free.

True that.

It may come in some future updates.

I don't really see a point to jailbreak.

Oneplus ;)

Less expensive and a much more streamlined version of android.

Which is a very good reason why I would take take the OPO over the G3. The thing is, for me, the G3 would be cheaper to get, but I'd be stuck with LG's shotty Optimus UI (again) until ROMs come out for the phone, which won't be for a little while. At least with the OPO it runs CyanogenMod, which is great and gets updated all the time.

(As a side note, check your Steam messages.)

COMIC SANS

I think the UI has massively improved with iOS 7.

Not really. A lot are still free.

True that.

It may come in some future updates.

I don't really see a point to jailbreak.

Well, to each his own. If the iPhone is for you, then the iPhone is for you. For me though, I could never use an Apple device at their current stage.

COMIC SANS

Well, to each his own. If the iPhone is for you, then the iPhone is for you. For me though, I could never use an Apple device at their current stage.

What about in the future? If they accompanied to everything you hated?

That's probably a good thing, because nobody really wants the 16GB since the 64GB version is only $350, hah.

Every once in a while I'll stream something from my Plex server or Netflix and play a game or 2 here and there. I do a lot of Internet browsing though.

I do use my camera quite a bit, and the G3 does have a pretty darn good camera, but the OnePlus One also has a very good camera from what I've seen. The main difference between them seems to be the laser auto focus on the G3, which is very nice to have, but not really necessary.

Haha, yeah. At the same time though I still have 10gb free on my Nexus 5...and I have pretty much everything I'd want installed.

Don't forget about optical image stabilization. The OnePlus lacks that. The reviews I've read have pretty much all said that it's an ok camera, but nothing amazing.

I'd go with the G3...at almost half the price it seems like an easy choice. Gets slightly worse battery life? At least you can swap it out.

Also worth considering is that the next flagships are actually going to be a decent jump in spec compared to the 801 processor. 55mp sensor support, much better gpu's, octocore in big.LITTLE.

Then all around improvements to WiFi, RAM, etc.

Save money now, upgrade to a much better phone later.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

What about in the future? If they accompanied to everything you hated?

Then maybe, maybe. We shall see. Whoever has the better product will win my heart, and right now that's Android.

COMIC SANS