Hardest computer to part with?

My Sony VAIO E series. Best keyboard. Worst display. Played TF2 an ran a Minecraft server. Back in the days of 1.6.4 and 1.5.2.

When Minecraft was good.

"Of course, its trash," Luke, 2014

My Sony VAIO E series. Best keyboard. Worst display. Played TF2 an ran a Minecraft server. Back in the days of 1.6.4 and 1.5.2.

"Back in the days" you make it sound like it was so long ago lol, you can say that about beta and like 1.2

"Back in the days" you make it sound like it was so long ago lol, you can say that about beta and like 1.2

Well now it's terrible, you can't go online without wanting to commit homicide. 

1.2.5 was about 2010. So the early days of minecraft. I think I played a version before that, but the first version that I recognized was 1.2.5 (Not 1.5.2, oops)

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Well now it's terrible, you can't go online without wanting to commit homicide. 

1.2.5 was about 2010. So the early days of minecraft. I think I played a version before that, but the first version that I recognized was 1.2.5 (Not 1.5.2, oops)

Is it really that bad now? I haven't played it for months...

this is more sad. A MACBOOK PRO. Got replaced by a 400 dollar hackintosh. Reason is, more ram is faster, and smoother. So my macbook pro is slower. 

My Dell Inspiron 1545. This bastard is going for over 5 years, nothing on it broke at all, but it should probably, soon :(

I parted with a very old pc, my 1st pc ever bought. It was a pentium 4, somewhere in 2003-2004. I can´t remember it´s specs but it was something around 64mb graphic card, 512mb ram and a solo core cpu, intel, oh and the tipical 40gb hdd.

We had lots of fun togheter. But gave it to a neighbour that had no pc when I bought a notebook due to my travelling.

Now I´m probably part away again of a motherboard & cpu, who are goin to change a dear friend current mobo and cpu. His are very old. So old that when we play something, we wait his pc ages to load :D

Still have most of mine in mums attic have a single core 1.8 amd at home I'm struggling to give up

Lenovo U410 Touch :'(

I literally had to send it back after a year as the audio jack was faulty. Love the feel of that thing.

RIP SHERLOCK (I named the laptop Sherlock... I'm cool believe me :ph34r:;) )

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

My Dell Inspiron 1525. It's the only computer in my house that still runs Windows Vista (mmm Vista, I love it) before all the others upgraded to either hated 7 or 8.1. (most of my family hates 8.1). Sadly, it caught on fire after a 9 hour GTA 4 gaming session.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

All my PCs are hard to part with... Especially after spending several years together... They know everything about me...

The first one I was forced to part with was my first PC, and old Intel Pentium 4... She suddenly breathed her last after living a short 13 years... I transplanted most of her still functional organs to her sister, a similar Pentium 4... Now this one... She's a fighter... She has this nasty scar on the back of her mobo after I wrongfully forced her to turn on, forgetting to use standoffs... She still lives to this day and is currently helping my cousin through college... Then there's the Satellite A60 laptop that was entrusted to me after fixing her... She helped me through my first year of college and still lives as my backup... She may be a bit old (10 years), but she is reliable... Right now, my 2 main heroines would be 睦月(Mutsuki, the one in my sig) and ゆい (Yui, an eMachines D732Z)...

I held a small ceremony before parting with my first PC and her sister... For the first one, I scattered her memories (read reformat) before performing the transplant procedures... For the second one, I introduced her to her new partner, telling her to stay strong and help her partner in whatever way she can...

All my PCs are hard to part with... Especially after spending several years together... They everything about me...

The first one I was forced to part with was my first PC, and old Intel Pentium 4... She suddenly breathed her last after living a short 13 years... I transplanted most of her still functional organs to her sister, a similar Pentium 4... Now this one... She's a fighter... She has this nasty scar on the back of her mobo after I wrongfully forced her to turn on, forgetting to use standoffs... She still lives to this day and is currently helping my cousin through college... Then there's the Satellite A60 laptop that was entrusted to me after fixing her... She helped me through my first year of college and still lives as my backup... She may be a bit old (10 years), but she is reliable... Right now, my 2 main heroines would be 睦月(Mutsuki, the one in my sig) and ゆい (Yui, an eMachines D732Z)...

I held a small ceremony before parting with my first PC and her sister... For the first one, I scattered her memories (read reformat) before performing the transplant procedures... For the second one, I introduced her to her new partner, telling her to stay strong and help her partner in whatever way she can...

976c1535ad3672d77f137a1a3e591dd9acab8b85

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

For me it was my old hp laptop i gave it to my parents when i got my new desktop because they had an old 2005 laptop that could barley open a internet browser anymore.

any computer with the 3D Maze screensaver tbh

why do so many good cases only come in black and white

I've spent 3 years working on this trusty cheap Asus laptop, and trust me when the time comes for me to get a Win8 ultrabook I will thoroughly enjoy punting this slow 15.6-inch nightmare through my window.

When my desktop dies I'm going to give it an official Viking Funeral. After I salvage the GTX card, of course

Git Gud.

I had a Pentium 2 machine that was my first owned PC as a kid still sitting on top of my wardrobe for like 10 years because I didn't want to cast it into the ether.

It's gone now though.

Yeah, same here although I still have mine making a mess in my room.  :D

Just can't make myself get rid of it because it served me so well and I learned so much about PC's on it. Before it, I didn't even know how to turn on a computer and now I am a programmer so in a way, it determined my future. That Windows 98 still brings back memories, all the sleepless nights spent there as a kid, tinkering with the system and playing games.  

Yeah, same here although I still have mine making a mess in my room. :D

Just can't make myself get rid of it because it served me so well and I learned so much about PC's on it. Before it, I didn't even know how to turn on a computer and now I am a programmer so in a way, it determined my future. That Windows 98 still brings back memories, all the sleepless nights spent there as a kid, tinkering with the system and playing games.

Age of Empires games, half life 1, Deus ex, black and white, startopia, red alert, escape from monkey island, it was a great time.

Age of Empires games, half life 1, Deus ex, black and white, startopia, red alert, escape from monkey island, it was a great time.

Oh man, that was awesome. I would add Stronghold, Starcraft, Final Fantasy 7 and 8, Ground Control, Grim Fandango, Diablo 2 and Dino Crisis to that list.

my very first PERSONAL computer was an intel core 2 duo e7400 i converted it into an oil submerged pc rather than chucking have chucked the pc i had between that and my current

5820k@3.8GHz| Corsair H100i |Gigabyte x99 SLI | Corsair 16GB | EVGA 780Ti SC ACX SLI x2 |240GB SSD120GB SSD 512GB SSD 2TB HDD | 3x ASUS VN247H 24" ( nVidia Surround)

My Dell Inspiron 1525. It's the only computer in my house that still runs Windows Vista (mmm Vista, I love it) before all the others upgraded to either hated 7 or 8.1. (most of my family hates 8.1). Sadly, it caught on fire after a 9 hour GTA 4 gaming session.

what how did you put it on bed sheets

Toshiba satellite A85-s107. All the memories of running halo trial at 15 fps lol

Now with specs: "the Toshiba A85-S107 features an Intel Celeron M Processor 360J 1.4 GHz, 256MB RAM, and a 40 GB Hard Drive."

Toshiba-Satellite-A85-00.jpg

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

what how did you put it on bed sheets

Nope. It got really hot, and the fan was clogged.

Anything built by me for me, seems those are really made for me, odd B)

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

I had a Toshiba Satilite pro something-a-rather from 1997. Pentium 3, 15 Gig HDD, 14" 1024X768 screen, DVD drive (not even joking).

Unfortiantly had to get rid of it when I moved, as it's screen was cracked, and it would shutdown after less then 5 minutes due to some sort of power/heat issue.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

Toshiba satellite A85-s107. All the memories of running halo trial at 15 fps lol

Now with specs: "the Toshiba A85-S107 features an Intel Celeron M Processor 360J 1.4 GHz, 256MB RAM, and a 40 GB Hard Drive."

*snip*

I had an off brand laptop like that. It was horrible... HORRIBLE!

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11