Linux Installation. Can't Use Mouse or Keyboard

Hi,

I'm running into some issues installing Ubuntu/Pinguy OS on my main Windows 8.1 machine. I downloaded the latest releases and booted into them. The problem is that once in, the OSes don't recognize my mouse and keyboard so I can't install or use the live version. I have a Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 Rev3 motherboard, Logitech G510 keyboard and a Mad Catz RAT7 gaming mouse. I've never had issues installing linux on other machines though most were laptops. I'm guessing it has something to do with the peripherals being USB, but I could swear I used USB in an older build. Does anyone have any Ideas besides having me try to purchase PS/2 peripherals?

It's probably an issue with the BIOS. You can enable Legacy mode for USB in the BIOS settings and it should work. 

If you also have a basic plug and play keyboard lying around, you can use that for the installation then switch to the other peripherals once you've gotten the necessary drivers installed. Base system should come with all of the necessary drivers for both devices, except for programmable keys. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2